X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Selection Show

Originally posted by WILD E WOLVERINE View Post
    Yes!
    Then you don't understand college hockey and the selection process enough and I'm done arguing with you. Enjoy watching hockey tonight.
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
      I agree. It's also the reason guys like Moy can claim only that they have predicted the "field," not where the field is going over the last X number of years. It also gives teams a reason for things like this. What's wrong with that?
      That announcement actually does a reasonable job of not adding too much fake drama!

Of course, if ESPN2 puts a camera on that gathering, they'll probably pretend they/Bemidji don't actually know if they're in anyway.

As I mentioned before, I really dislike the idiotic fake drama some attempt to create on Sunday morning over who's in and who's out. I think there's enough excitement in learning the details that there's no need to create any drama over whether a team is in; to do that only falsely muddies what is actually a transparent process as far as who is in and who is out. Since I appreciate the transparency, I don't like seeing that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
        Good Norton drinking game. Whenever he says the words "Parker", "York", or mentions a player's high school, pound a beer. You'll be blitzed in ten minutes.
        Can we get the Wooger in there, too?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Then you don't understand college hockey and the selection process enough and I'm done arguing with you. Enjoy watching hockey tonight.
          My real debate was the 4 team conference - thanks for the banter. In the end I pretty much agree with you. The yes was just a crazy poke to get a response. Enjoy the hockey as well.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Can we get the Wooger in there, too?
            Why would Norton mention the Wooger?

Comment

Originally posted by The Hallucination View Post
              That announcement actually does a reasonable job of not adding too much fake drama!

Of course, if ESPN2 puts a camera on that gathering, they'll probably pretend they/Bemidji don't actually know if they're in anyway.

As I mentioned before, I really dislike the idiotic fake drama some attempt to create on Sunday morning over who's in and who's out. I think there's enough excitement in learning the details that there's no need to create any drama over whether a team is in; to do that only falsely muddies what is actually a transparent process as far as who is in and who is out. Since I appreciate the transparency, I don't like seeing that happen.
              I've noticed also that in the last couple of seasons CBS has stopped getting reaction shots from any team that doesn't already know its in the basketball tourney. Their cameras are trained only on the small schools that won their conference tourney or the big BCS schools that knew they were in, like Syracuse.

The reactions from teams/fans like at the Robert Morris gym are ridiculous. These people all knew (or should have known) they were in since they won their conference tournament 5 days earlier and they knew they were going to be someones you-know-what in the 1-16 or 2-15 game.

At least the function still exists for the basketball field to be released on TV since there are a fair number of schools vying for the at-large spots and there are always 5-10 who aren't sure they are in who get in and at least that many schools who are hoping and come away disappointed. In hockey we all know when the final buzzer sounds the night before who is in and who isn't. I guess it is worth watching though because we do get our first look at where everyone is going and there are always a few teams seeded 5th to 16th who end up somewhere other than where we expected.

Comment

Enjoy watching hockey tonight.
                Isn't that all that really matters?
                Wooger: "Everyone in here is on their feet except for the people in wheelchairs!"

RIP Kirby

Comment

If I remember correctly, we had a hungover Barry Melrose there last year as well, thrilling stuff. He really showed his college hockey knowledge last year, which is nil. Get Doc Emrick to do it, at least he will sound smart, even if he is reading a script.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Melrose: "North Dakota had to win this game. They probably weren't gonna get in if they didn't win their conference."

Good call, Mullet.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Michigan in Fort Wayne. Color me shocked.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Miami Ohio and Michigan in the Midwest.
                        Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
                          Miami Ohio and Michigan in the Midwest.
                          absolutely brutal...strictly attendance purposes, but for me that is brutal to do that to the #1 overall seed....
                          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                            absolutely brutal...strictly attendance purposes, but for me that is brutal to do that to the #1 overall seed....
                            Hey, just be glad it's 2010 and not 2000. You'd be playing at Yost.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Wow, no respect for Yale

highest seeded #3 seed playing highest seeded #2
                              -------------
                              Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                                Wow, no respect for Yale
                                Has absolutely nothing to do with Yale. Has to do with boosting attendance in Ft. Wayne. Yale will probably end up in Worcester now and help boost that attendance. Unfortunately they'll be playing NoDak.
                                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X