Battle for the Broadmoor: UND vs. St, Clooud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battle for the Broadmoor: UND vs. St, Clooud

I would say UND is playing better right now--also if Roe is out that is certainly a big advantage for the Sioux. That said, fatigue certainly has to be a factor for the Sioux with three games in three days. This one is definitely hard to call.
    St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

As I think someone else pointed out, with Wisconsin now leading DU 5-1, if they hold on, a #1 seed is basically SCSU's to lose. They win tonight and they get the fourth #1 seed regardless of what BC does.

Comment

Originally posted by STCHuskies View Post
        As I think someone else pointed out, with Wisconsin now leading DU 5-1, if they hold on, a #1 seed is basically SCSU's to lose. They win tonight and they get the fourth #1 seed regardless of what BC does.
        Question is... Do we want that #1 seed if Michigan wins the auto bid? Not anybody's ideal first round matchup, regardless if they weren't playing well in the beginning of the year, they sure are now.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
          Time to put the No Dak Hicks in their place yet again. A lot of you like to make post saying Kristo > Schroeder, but where are your facts?

Here are some for you.

JS - Freshman year line in 35 games = 13-32-45 which put him 5th in the WCHA in scoring and was All WCHA 2nd team and of course the ROY.

Kristy - 39 games (4 more than JS as a Freshman) 14-21-35 and was only on the all rookie team.

JS - Broke all time record for USA hockey for the World Juniors. Was drafted in the first round on NHL draft and his team just recently gave him the max deal of 2.7 million over 3 years. This year JS had 9-19-28 in 2 less games than Kristy - not a bad line at all.

Kristy - drafted 56th overall and will probably have to stay in college at least 3 years before the NHL even considers giving him anything. So JS is making 2.7 while the only compensation DK will make is getting free Keg cups when he hits up Frat Party Frattin's keggers.

Kristo had a little better year this year sure, but until we see what he does next season you can't say he had a better career, because the facts show Schroeder is better. Bottom line is JS was good enough that he is now rich in the NHL and Kristy has to live in that hell hole you call Grand Forks, ND.
          This guy for real? Wow what a frickin tool.Back to your hole me boy.
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

No Roe tonight
            SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by HuskySieve View Post
              Question is... Do we want that #1 seed if Michigan wins the auto bid? Not anybody's ideal first round matchup, regardless if they weren't playing well in the beginning of the year, they sure are now.
              Yeah, that certainly is not ideal.

Comment

Pups off to a quick lead.

Comment

If we win this do we get a banner?

Comment

Good job, Sioux!

Comment

Yeah SIOUX SIOUX

Comment

Wow, what a game!

The Sioux outlasted and persevered that 3rd period Husky onslaught to get the win. Best game of the Final Five hands down. GO SIOUX!!

Looks like with the win we'll be rewarded with being shipped east to be in a regional with BC, Michigan, and Alaska.

Comment

Congratulations to the Sioux. Well done.

Aside from the first 60 seconds the Sioux pretty much controlled the first 2 periods. But I was happy the Huskies showed some resolve in the 3rd and worked hard to make a game of it.

Now on to the NCAA where maybe, just maybe we can get this 800 pound 0-8 gorilla off our back...
                          "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                            Time to put the No Dak Hicks in their place yet again. A lot of you like to make post saying Kristo > Schroeder, but where are your facts?

Here are some for you.

JS - Freshman year line in 35 games = 13-32-45 which put him 5th in the WCHA in scoring and was All WCHA 2nd team and of course the ROY.

Kristy - 39 games (4 more than JS as a Freshman) 14-21-35 and was only on the all rookie team.

JS - Broke all time record for USA hockey for the World Juniors. Was drafted in the first round on NHL draft and his team just recently gave him the max deal of 2.7 million over 3 years. This year JS had 9-19-28 in 2 less games than Kristy - not a bad line at all.

Kristy - drafted 56th overall and will probably have to stay in college at least 3 years before the NHL even considers giving him anything. So JS is making 2.7 while the only compensation DK will make is getting free Keg cups when he hits up Frat Party Frattin's keggers.

Kristo had a little better year this year sure, but until we see what he does next season you can't say he had a better career, because the facts show Schroeder is better. Bottom line is JS was good enough that he is now rich in the NHL and Kristy has to live in that hell hole you call Grand Forks, ND.
                            I love Noob season.
                            "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScottM View Post
                              I love Noob season.
                              Imagine the idiocy if he and ex-rider spawned.

Comment

We gave that game away.

The Good:
                                Travis Novak (the kid is everywhere)
                                Dan Dunn (looked good in relief)

The "Eh:"
                                Oliver Lauridsen (looked good until he fell down at the worst time in his life)
                                Mike Lee (I fault the defense)

The Bad:
                                Drew LeBlanc (looked like total garbage all night)
                                Chris Hepp (I was hoping we could cut him after the 1st)
                                SCSU Defense (totally hung Mike out to dry)

And after having to hear "HEY SIOUX SIOUX! SIOUX YEAH YEAH!" three days in a row, I hope UND does have to change their name...and I hope its something stupid.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X