Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battle for the Broadmoor: UND vs. St, Clooud

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    And after having to hear "HEY SIOUX SIOUX! SIOUX YEAH YEAH!" three days in a row, I hope UND does have to change their name...and I hope its something stupid.
    Well, I'm pretty sure it won't be "Huskies."
    Who decided that we needed both North and South Dakota? It seems like a lot of wasted paperwork to me. -- Creed Bratton

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
      Well, I'm pretty sure it won't be "Huskies."
      Then I hope it's "Mavericks."
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Absolutely loved that the team nudged Genoway out to accept the Broadmoor. I don't recall an injured player being the only one to accept a trophy in that kind of situation. Terrific gesture.

THAT was a great college hockey game.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
          Wow, what a game!

The Sioux outlasted and persevered that 3rd period Husky onslaught to get the win. Best game of the Final Five hands down. GO SIOUX!!

Looks like with the win we'll be rewarded with being shipped east to be in a regional with BC, Michigan, and Alaska.
          The way the Sioux are playing who cares.
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

And our nickname isn't stupid! It's just REALLY unoriginal!

Comment

If We are in St.Paul because we lost. thank God!
              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                If We are in St.Paul because we lost. thank God!
                Moy's bracket has you guys playing Michigan here.

Good luck with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                  Moy's bracket has you guys playing Michigan here.

Good luck with that one.
                  I knew I had a bad feeling. Everyone check my Facebook status update from an hour ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    I knew I had a bad feeling. Everyone check my Facebook status update from an hour ago.
                    The Revenge of Molly McGannon....Bring her out of exile.

http://www.mollymcgannonphotography....p?v=v1#/info4/

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                      The Revenge of Molly McGannon....Bring her out of exile.

http://www.mollymcgannonphotography....p?v=v1#/info4/
                      Guess you saw her post on my wall.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                        Time to put the No Dak Hicks in their place yet again. A lot of you like to make post saying Kristo > Schroeder, but where are your facts?

Here are some for you.

JS - Freshman year line in 35 games = 13-32-45 which put him 5th in the WCHA in scoring and was All WCHA 2nd team and of course the ROY.

Kristy - 39 games (4 more than JS as a Freshman) 14-21-35 and was only on the all rookie team.

JS - Broke all time record for USA hockey for the World Juniors. Was drafted in the first round on NHL draft and his team just recently gave him the max deal of 2.7 million over 3 years. This year JS had 9-19-28 in 2 less games than Kristy - not a bad line at all.

Kristy - drafted 56th overall and will probably have to stay in college at least 3 years before the NHL even considers giving him anything. So JS is making 2.7 while the only compensation DK will make is getting free Keg cups when he hits up Frat Party Frattin's keggers.

Kristo had a little better year this year sure, but until we see what he does next season you can't say he had a better career, because the facts show Schroeder is better. Bottom line is JS was good enough that he is now rich in the NHL and Kristy has to live in that hell hole you call Grand Forks, ND.
                        How well did that go for you, again?
                        Remember when you were young? You shined like the sun...

Comment

Congrads to the fighting sioux, good, entertaining game from both sides, and very easily, could have gone the way for the huskies(you could tell that they missed roe), but alas, it didn't.
                          On a completely different note;
                          I will never go to another sioux game(excluding when they play at the NHC) again. Just like my last trip up to NoDak, the fans I sat by today were by far the worse I've ever experienced in my life! Sore winners! Seriously, After we score the second goal, my group of friends all hugged in joy! To which an angry sioux fan threw an empty bottle at us, missed. Another, older sioux fan called us fairies and grabbed my shoulder to try and have me sit down. One two rows behind me talked trash to me the whole game, but none of it had to do with hockey, he attacked my weight, ability with the ladies(and thats putting it very lightly), my friends around me, he even claimed that I must be ******** as I probably have sterns county syndrome(impossible as I was born in St. Paul), and then his trashy GF laid in to me, and asked if I was going to hit her or something? getting bumped into in the concourse. Getting called gay because I wear an SCSU Scarf! I have been treated better by EVERYOTHER FAN BASE I'VE ENCOUNTERED .... Including the Gophers! When we tried to leave, the fans next to us wouldn't let us leave, and taunted us until we forced our way through. Enough is Enough, Way to make my final five experience way worse UND fans(not the team, I am not that mad about the score, or the game), hope you are happy with yourselves.

P.S. I really don't care if I am negatively reped for this, but if I am it helps prove my point.
                          A Viking, no A Husky fan... nothing like being a professional student

I will always be proud to be a husky fan!

Comment

We had a very pleasant weekend...until tonight. I blame it on the bandwagoners who only came down today because they found out UND was in the title game.

Comment

And to give you an experience level of fandom from me;
                              I've been to European soccer matches(huge rivalries) and wasn't treated as bad as I did tonight. I've been to local, high school, college, and professional rivalry games and hadn't been treated this bad, and my last trip up to the ralph, really wasn't much better.
                              A Viking, no A Husky fan... nothing like being a professional student

I will always be proud to be a husky fan!

Comment

Originally posted by STC_for_me View Post
                                Congrads to the fighting sioux, good, entertaining game from both sides, and very easily, could have gone the way for the huskies(you could tell that they missed roe), but alas, it didn't.
                                On a completely different note;
                                I will never go to another sioux game(excluding when they play at the NHC) again. Just like my last trip up to NoDak, the fans I sat by today were by far the worse I've ever experienced in my life! Sore winners! Seriously, After we score the second goal, my group of friends all hugged in joy! To which an angry sioux fan threw an empty bottle at us, missed. Another, older sioux fan called us fairies and grabbed my shoulder to try and have me sit down. One two rows behind me talked trash to me the whole game, but none of it had to do with hockey, he attacked my weight, ability with the ladies(and thats putting it very lightly), my friends around me, he even claimed that I must be ******** as I probably have sterns county syndrome(impossible as I was born in St. Paul), and then his trashy GF laid in to me, and asked if I was going to hit her or something? getting bumped into in the concourse. Getting called gay because I wear an SCSU Scarf! I have been treated better by EVERYOTHER FAN BASE I'VE ENCOUNTERED .... Including the Gophers! When we tried to leave, the fans next to us wouldn't let us leave, and taunted us until we forced our way through. Enough is Enough, Way to make my final five experience way worse UND fans(not the team, I am not that mad about the score, or the game), hope you are happy with yourselves.

P.S. I really don't care if I am negatively reped for this, but if I am it helps prove my point.
                                You see what the rest of the world sees. UND is only liked in Grand Forks. The city is uneducated when it comes to hockey and I am sure the sioux fans on this board can't skate. I know I know I have been there a thousand times and it is the most unathletic city I have every been too! At least Gopher fans are educated

Comment

Working...
                                X