Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    Well, you might as well go here too to finish it off. Read or watch them all.
    http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=47697

I always think of Maggie and Koroll when I think of the Blackhawks, but we shouldn't forget Jim Wiste, Wayne Smith, Lynn Powis and Rich Preston. Add Rob Palmer. (Thanks Bagman)There may be others, but these names were familiar.
    I've posted before the story that Wiste told me of going into the hotel room he shared with Bobby Hull, to find that Bobby was, uh, busy with a lady fan. Bobby's response to the intrusion? "Come on in, kid" Think about Cliff Koroll, he had about a ten year NHL career with the Hawks, scored a couple of hundred goals, is one of the Blackhawks all time career scorers--and never made all WCHA, let alone all American. Cliff was offered a tryout by the Denver Bears (AAA baseball) and after he'd lost several balls over the left field wall, they offered him a contract on the spot. After the '68 nc game, I recall Cliff taking a little "nap" in the bathtub of the room he shared with Maggie.

I had forgotten (if I was ever aware) the other Pioneers you named in your post. During the Hilltopper game his freshman year (remember, they were ineligible in those days) a brash Maggie skated over to all American Wayne Smith and put the wood to him, just to introduce himself.

Powis I knew played in the NHL (Kansas City, IIRC) and had great potential but Murray kicked him off the team for coming into the Arena one night with a snootful and roughing up one of those 70 year old security dudes. Powis got his picture in SI in the story about the '69 title.
    Last edited by Old Pio; 06-01-2010, 05:20 PM.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

15 to go!!!! Can we wrap it up tonight?
      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
      Tom Serratore

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Former Caps goalie Al Jensen has been NHL Central Scouting's goaltender scout for the past 10 years, and this article was posted a few days ago about his thoughts on the current draft eligible goalies. Both DU recruit Brittain and UND recruit Gothberg are on the list:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=530405
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

It's like the MD telethon: "dig deep, we're almost at our goal."

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

9 more to go!!
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
              Nothing except moose calves and chainsaws to add from up here in North Park, but even material like that gets this thread one post closer to "Tool Up!" - end of the day for our trail crew. Any post that doesn't have to be placed in a hole dug into rocky soil is an easy one.
              Hopefully you don't run into any Moose Knuckles.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                Former Caps goalie Al Jensen has been NHL Central Scouting's goaltender scout for the past 10 years, and this article was posted a few days ago about his thoughts on the current draft eligible goalies. Both DU recruit Brittain and UND recruit Gothberg are on the list:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=530405
                Not bad for Brittain to be compared to J-S Giguere

And 1 closer
                GO DU !!!

Comment

BTW, anybody found a good chat thread for the Flyer-Blackhawk games?
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Pointles post. One closer

Comment

Almost there.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                        Almost there.
                        The end is near!
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Where's Tenzing Norgay when you really need him?
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 06-02-2010, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                            Where's Tenzing Norgay when you really need him?
                            The top of Mt Everest!! Guys, I don't feel right posting back to back to get to #1000, yet.... I will go to work and if I am still the last person to have posted, I will go for it. Come on all you Central and Mountain time people, wakey wakeys!!!!
                            Tom Serratore

Comment

That's it, I gave everyone over an hour, I'm going for it and giving myself a prize, pop!!! We did it!! Let's close this thread and start looking forward to an awesome 2010-2011 season!! Go DU!!!!
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

Its not dead yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X