Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    Patrick Wiercioch with some nice words for DU when he decided to turn pro.
    That brought tears to my eyes.... Ha ha, just kidding. It's just that these parting words are always the same: Gwoz always says the same thing when players leave early, and the players' agents probably put the words in the players' mouths. It's like, why bother?

But I do hope that Patrick, Gwoz and the team had some nice words behind the scenes.

May Patrick kick butt at the next level, and may Donovan step up his game for DU next season!

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
      That brought tears to my eyes.... Ha ha, just kidding. It's just that these parting words are always the same: Gwoz always says the same thing when players leave early, and the players' agents probably put the words in the players' mouths. It's like, why bother?
      I hear ya man!!!
      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
      Tom Serratore

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/0...-in-limbo.html

General manager Randy Sexton confirmed Saturday that the team is negotiating with University of Denver goalie Marc Cheverie and could have him signed and in training camp to compete for a spot in the organization.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I don't know much about the Panthers, except they seem top heavy at goalies and they don't have a winning tradition. The article implies that 2 -3 years in the AHL(at best) is to be expected, that may be true with any team. Seems like Chevy might be able to get a better deal if he waited to become a free agent.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
            Think skiing!
            I did, I went to Sugarloaf this past Saturday and skied on a giant slushy! Yeah, we're pretty much done here on the east coast, time to start thinking about boats!!
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              I don't know much about the Panthers, except they seem top heavy at goalies and they don't have a winning tradition. The article implies that 2 -3 years in the AHL(at best) is to be expected, that may be true with any team. Seems like Chevy might be able to get a better deal if he waited to become a free agent.
              I agree, but picking the right NHL team is going to be critical. The Swedish Wunderkid seems to be Florida's fair haired boy.

It is amazing that Jimmy Howard is being touted as a possible Rookie of the Year in the NHL. He left Maine a year early in 2005 and is only now seeing regular time in the NHL.
              Last edited by dggoddard; 04-06-2010, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                It is amazing that Jimmy Howard is being touted as a possible Rookie of the Year in the NHL. He left Maine a year early in 2005 and is only now seeing regular time in the NHL.
                He is one of Maine's all time favorite players. Speaking of Cheverie, I don't suppose there's anyway given this situation with the Panthers etc., that he could wait one more year
                Tom Serratore

Comment

Matt Donovan named to INCH Freshman All American squad.
                  ( WCHA's Howe and Kristo make it too. And RPI's D'Amigo.)

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...oshaa_2010.htm
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                    He is one of Maine's all time favorite players. Speaking of Cheverie, I don't suppose there's anyway given this situation with the Panthers etc., that he could wait one more year
                    Ummm...No.

Comment

The Frat Pack is making news again.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...nd-off-the-ice
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

The Frat Pack is making news again.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...nd-off-the-ice
                        Three young hockey players living together making almost a million buck apiece and women probably throwing themselves at these guys.

I'm not so sure I'm buying the "dinner & movies" schtick.
                        Last edited by dggoddard; 04-06-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Is this your team du78?
                          The best teams not to win the National Championship
                          #29 DU 1977-78
                          http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=73751&page=16
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Is this your team du78?
                            The best teams not to win the National Championship
                            #29 DU 1977-78
                            http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=73751&page=16
                            Yep, and I am surprised they are rated that low. Dam, I wish we could have played BU. They wouldn't have known what had hit them. There is no doubt in my mind that the 1977-78 DU team was better than the 1977-78 NCAA champion BU team.
                            Last edited by du78; 04-06-2010, 09:59 PM.
                            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                              Yep, and I am surprised they are rated that low. Dam, I wish we could have played BU. They wouldn't have know what had hit them. There is no doubt in my mind that the 1977-78 DU team was better than the 1977-78 NCAA champion BU team.
                              I'm sorry, what am I missing here? Post #29 is in reference to the UMD team

Talk to me!!!
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                                I'm sorry, what am I missing here? Post #29 is in reference to the UMD team

Talk to me!!!
                                Team #29 not post #29.
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X