Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puck Swami
    replied
    Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Bagman View Post
    Numbers wise the 85-86 line of Gaume,Mathiasen and Ecklebarger stands up pretty well.
    That mid 80s era was the high water mark of offensive hockey, as 6-5 scores back then were as common as the 3-2 scores are now. Better defensive systems, improvements in scouting/sattelite dishes and the rise of specialized goaltending coaching, the butterfly style and increased goaltending equipment size have forced today's collegeians to score at about half the rate now as players did back then. When you watch tapes of that era, it's kind of astounding how much better defenses and goaltending have become today, at the expense of the scorer.

Dallas Gaume had 266 career points at DU to lead the all-time career scoring list, including 66 points as a freshman and 99 points in his senior year. Rhakshani had 50 points this year to lead DU as a senior, with about half the points Gaume had as a senior. Thus, Gaume's DU records will likely never be broken.

Leave a comment:

• Bagman
    replied
    Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    I have to say I am very happy to see Jonathan Toews on the national scene! Captain of a Stanley Cup team after how many years as a pro? It seems like yesterday he was giving us fits playing for UND!! Then it occurred to me that even though they're the enemy, that line of he played on, the DOT line had to be one of the best lines in college hockey! Maybe we could get a few posts out of this, best college hockey lines ever, the DOT line?, the RECing crew? Discuss,
    Numbers wise the 85-86 line of Gaume,Mathiasen and Ecklebarger stands up pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• Dmann
    replied

I have to say I am very happy to see Jonathan Toews on the national scene! Captain of a Stanley Cup team after how many years as a pro? It seems like yesterday he was giving us fits playing for UND!! Then it occurred to me that even though they're the enemy, that line of he played on, the DOT line had to be one of the best lines in college hockey! Maybe we could get a few posts out of this, best college hockey lines ever, the DOT line?, the RECing crew? Discuss,

Leave a comment:

• Old Pio
    replied
    Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    I suspect Crown Royal may have something to do with this post.
    As Lee Marvin said in "Cat Ballou": "I smell a water hole."

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied
    Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    Pointless post
    I suspect Crown Royal may have something to do with this post.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    Pointless post
    How dare you!

Leave a comment:

• Old Pio
    replied

Pointless post

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

[QUOTE=vizoroo;4782669]
    Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post

Great time of year to visit Denver.
    Has BC had any early departures after the Championship?
    none yet but there have been a few rumors..........we are all keeping our fingers crossed that all will be back

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

5-22-10
    Still Skating

AHL
    Brock Trotter 8-9-17 +6 Hamilton Bulldogs
    Bulldogs lead series 3-2

NHL
    Matt Carle 0-9-9 +7 Philadelphia Flyers
    Flyers lead series 3-1

After being called out by ESPN in game 4, Matty was named 2nd Star of the game. He was credited with 6 hits and 6 blocked shots

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

The season ended today for Gabe Gauthier 7-4-11 +3, Patrick Mullen 0-0-0 and the Manchester Monarchs.

Gabe had an assist in the losing effort. He finished in the top 20 for both points and goal for his stint in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• duper
    replied

I've got nothing, and i have not had the good fortune to be at any really good, memorable DU games. The one I remember most from my days at DU was a nothing game against UAF during the course of which the Fairbanks goalie, whose name was Fish, turned around and gestured at my buddy and I in response to some comments that we may or may not have, but probably did, make. DU won that game pretty handily.

Leave a comment:

• Bagman
    replied

Dineen interview. http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared...vid_4329.shtml

Leave a comment:

• Jori_DSF
    replied

Okay, I renewed my season tix today

Also, I'm participating in a mock draft over at Hockey's Future, drafting for the Avs, and picked Zucker at #47

Leave a comment:

• Old Pio
    replied

I still got nothin'. But I would like to see some more of us post our Swami Top 10's.

And I don't mean to be a nag, but you really should check out "The Long Green Line," I'm telling you, it'll be worth your time. Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Cf6nsG7YU
    Last edited by Old Pio; 05-22-2010, 05:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

Flyers get the win to go up 3-1. Blackhawks up 3-0.

Could it be ?
    Shades of 2005-2006
    Carle vs Toews

Leave a comment:

Working...
X