Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Saw over at Hockey's Future that Wiercioch is expected to sign with the Sens today.

Comment

• Re: All things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's not a Ford, it's a Chevy!

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
      Congratulations on the MacNaughton Cup, guys. It is a hell of an accomplishment and I, for one, don't believe that winning the league comes at the expense of winning in the post season. I wish Wisconsin could win the Cup once and awhile. Congrats again.
      Thanks--it is a good accomplishment, which will hopefully become evident as the disappointment from the NCAA tourney fades. Good luck to the Badgers in the FF.

Comment

Originally posted by Jori_DSF View Post
        Saw over at Hockey's Future that Wiercioch is expected to sign with the Sens today.
        Good luck to Patrick if he goes. He had a bit of a disappointing season in my eyes, but he is a good player with a bright future who got through some adversity this season.

Another one of the good DU players over the past few years that never won an NCAA game...Colborne & Chevy are probably next to join that group.

Comment

Not a big surprise if he goes. I thought he was a better player last year, and I think he was playing hurt for most of this year. Donovan and Phillips developed well and will be able fill his shoes capably.

Comment

Donovan was the best player on the ice on Friday.

Wiercioch played all last season with a busted shoulder and this year with a bum knee. He wasn't quite the same after he hurt the knee the second time at Magness. No doubt he's a special player.

Comment

Jumbo is a Bruin now.
              DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
              sigpic
              WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Tyler Bozak had a goal and an assist in the Leafs shootout loss to the Pens Sunday. He was named 3rd star. Sidney Crosby had the 1st star and the shootout win.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

UNH's Bobby Butler signed with the Sens and Weircioch on the road there.
                  http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=523143&navid=DL|OTT|home
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    UNH's Bobby Butler signed with the Sens and Weircioch on the road there.
                    http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=523143&navid=DL|OTT|home
                    From the article:

Blue-chip defence prospect Patrick Wiercioch (second round, 42nd overall, 2008) could sign by day's end, Murray said, and would likely come to Ottawa. Wiercioch's Denver Pioneers were eliminated by Butler's Wildcats in the NCAA East Regional semifinals

We were?
                    sigpic
                    WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Comment

I guess we only have to worry about Chevy now.

Comment

Chevy was on Overtime last night (Channel 9) with Suzy Wargin and from his tone of voice and his answers, I think he'll sign as well. I'd be absolutely shocked if he stayed at DU.
                        sigpic

Comment

Didn't see anything on Bruins' website or Boston.com about Jumbo.
                          Chevy may wait until this summer when the Wheeler rule kicks in if he doesn't want to go with Florida.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Didn't see anything on Bruins' website or Boston.com about Jumbo.
                            Chevy may wait until this summer when the Wheeler rule kicks in if he doesn't want to go with Florida.
                            Colborne info not posted yet, but its done deal. Contracts signed.

Comment

I understand the reality of players leaving early, that doesn't mean I have to like it. And I don't. Good luck to Patrick and Joe, thanks for your efforts. Although frankly I'm getting a little tired of hearing about Patrick's knee "injury," know what I mean?
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Wiercioch hasn't made up his mind yet.

Ottawa Citizen has jumped the gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X