Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Awards

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
    Cheverie, player of the year???? Goalie of the year no doubt but there are some great players in the WCHA that i would put ahead of him as player of the year. that's just me....
    MVP of the best team. Its the way it almost always goes. If Wisconsin had won the MacNaughton, Geoffrion would have been POY.

Besides Chevy might have the best NHL future of all these guys.
    Last edited by dggoddard; 03-18-2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Mike Lee didn't make rookie of the year?!? Complete bull****! Drew LeBlanc, no 3rd team, no nothing?!? I'm sick of college hockey!

Ok, now that my impression of uw14's done, yeah, pretty easy selections this year. Switch Raboin to 2nd team and Prosser to 3rd and its practically EXACTLY what I think it should've been. Congrats to.... well everybody!
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Well... it's not like Genoway got benched...
        Genoway healthy is hands-down the best d-man in the league. No issue at all with winning third team status with 9 GP. I am sure the players and coaches in the league would echo the pick. The guy is money.

Comment

Little surprised that Gwozdecky was named Coach of the Year since that award usually goes to the "most improved" team or "biggest surprise."

That being said, this is his fourth WCHA Coach of the Year Award. Its his 16th year at DU.

Comment

I gotta call out the outstanding winner of the Student-Athlete Award. As someone who's getting old, I hope he succeeds. My life might just depend on it.

Congratulations Eli.

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/athl...laisavljevich/

"Vlaisavljevich is developing a novel biomaterial to prevent fibrous encapsulation of implants, specifically fibrosis. It is a material that prevents cell adhesion to the surface through vibrational loading. It will be used to improve the stability, function and lifetime of implantable biomaterials and prevent the need for surgical revision." (continued)

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
              I gotta call out the outstanding winner of the Student-Athlete Award. As someone who's getting old, I hope he succeeds. My life might just depend on it.

Congratulations Eli.

"Vlaisavljevich is developing a novel biomaterial to prevent fibrous encapsulation of implants, specifically fibrosis. It is a material that prevents cell adhesion to the surface through vibrational loading. It will be used to improve the stability, function and lifetime of implantable biomaterials and prevent the need for surgical revision." (continued)
              Wow. That's better than most of us will ever do and he's still an undergrad.

Bravo, Eli.

I went to Denver with Eli's uncle, Dan Vlaisavljevich, who was a DU defenseman in the early 80s. I am sure Dan is one proud uncle today.

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post

Congratulations Eli.

He is well deserving, brilliant student with a 4.0 gpa all 4 years at Michigan Tech in Biomedical Engineering, up for a Rhodes Scholarship. Honestly, he is just an all-around good guy. I'll miss having him around the program.
                Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

Bravo, Eli.

I went to Denver with Eli's uncle, Dan Vlaisavljevich, who was a DU defenseman in the early 80s. I am sure Dan is one proud uncle today.
                I've met him and Eli's parents, I'm sure they are all very proud today. They are great people.
                Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-18-2010, 03:19 PM.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  He is well deserving, brilliant student with a 4.0 gpa all 4 years at Michigan Tech in Biomedical Engineering, up for a Rhodes Scholarship. Honestly, he is just an all-around good guy. I'll miss having him around the program.
                  To get a 4.0 for four years in a demanding major at a tough school is a huge academic accomplishment. But to go beyond mastering existing material with a serious constribution to creating new bio-medical advances is sensational.

To do both of these while being a Division I athlete is nothing short of incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

I've met him and Eli's parents, I'm sure they are all very proud today. They are great people.
                    To get a 4.0 for four years in a demanding major at a tough school is a huge academic accomplishment. But to go beyond mastering existing material with a serious constribution to creating new bio-medical advances is sensational.

To do both of these while being a Division I athlete is nothing short of incredible.
                    We see these young people on Friday and Saturday nights. What they do with the rest of their time is often more amazing than what we see on the ice.

I can barely spell Roads Scholar, much less be one.

Comment

Bravo, Eli.

Great gene pool there. Proud papa Steve V, is a great hockey dad and a great guy. Steve used to travel to Denver to watch Dan play. Well done Eli.

Comment

How long has it been since not one Gopher player is named in the entire awards roster?

That's very, very telling for the state of the program right now. Time for a regime change, methinks.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                          How long has it been since not one Gopher player is named in the entire awards roster?

That's very, very telling for the state of the program right now. Time for a regime change, methinks.
                          With 20 drafted players, you would think a few of them would play their way into elite WCHA consideration. Schroeder and Lucia tied for 25th in league scoring. Barriball probably would have been in the mix had he not gotten hurt. Patrick White had a decent year on D, and Kangas was fourth in goaltending. But you are probably right that despite some good talent, the Gophers were unable to get WCHA-elite-level performances this season.

Comment

With 20 drafted players, you would think a few of them would play their way into elite WCHA consideration. Schroeder and Lucia tied for 25th in league scoring. Barriball probably would have been in the mix had he not gotten hurt. Patrick White had a decent year on D, and Kangas was fourth in goaltending. But you are probably right that despite some good talent, the Gophers were unable to get WCHA-elite-level performances this season.
                            Patrick White doesn't play defense.

The only player that had a shot was Leddy for the rookie team. Getting his jaw crushed probably destroyed that opportunity. Course if Kangas had lived up..................but I digress.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Patrick White doesn't play defense.

The only player that had a shot was Leddy for the rookie team. Getting his jaw crushed probably destroyed that opportunity. Course if Kangas had lived up..................but I digress.
                              My bad. Meant to say Leddy, not White.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                                All are very deserving of the awards.
                                Except Genoway.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X