Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

    Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
    There is a subtle difference between a thigh board, and a thigh wrap -- boards aren't attached to your thigh with any sort of strap, and thus free float and cover the 5-hole when in the butterfly. Thigh wraps have a strap that wraps around your thigh, preventing lower thigh injuries if a puck gets in between the pants and pad.

    Thigh boards are illegal in most major leagues -- thigh wraps are not.

    r
    Pretty much what I was going to post...those are not thigh boards

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

      Originally posted by Keycube View Post
      Yeah, hence the "obviously not a picture from the game" statement referencing the link.

      If you didn't watch the game, can't read, or don't know what a thigh board is, please don't respond to this thread.
      Guess you better not respond because you obviously don't know what a thigh board is...

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

        Elvis is alive & working the drivethru window at a BK in Kalamazoo.
        The CIA had JFK, RFK and MLK killed.
        UAH cheats.
        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

          Well, my apologies. I defer to the equipment gurus and video analysts.

          Just for reference though, could someone help me identify what these pieces are that stick out above the goal pads, with the thin strap going underneath the pants, in the picture below? I've played goal for 15 years, and thought I knew my equipment pretty well, but apparently my eyes are starting to deceive me in my old age.

          Thanks!

          http://www.uahchargers.com/index.php...174&Itemid=245

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

            Bump.

            Waiting for the experts to tell me what's going on with the picture in the above post. We've determined that Talbot doesn't wear thigh boards, so please, educate me.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

              Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
              There is a subtle difference between a thigh board, and a thigh wrap -- boards aren't attached to your thigh with any sort of strap, and thus free float and cover the 5-hole when in the butterfly. Thigh wraps have a strap that wraps around your thigh, preventing lower thigh injuries if a puck gets in between the pants and pad.

              Thigh boards are illegal in most major leagues -- thigh wraps are not.

              r
              Originally posted by Keycube View Post
              Bump.

              Waiting for the experts to tell me what's going on with the picture in the above post. We've determined that Talbot doesn't wear thigh boards, so please, educate me.
              See above

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

                Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                See above
                The very definition you quoted clearly contradicts your inferrence.

                I want whatever you guys are drinking. Life must be so much easier in such a massive state of denial.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

                  Originally posted by Keycube View Post
                  The very definition you quoted clearly contradicts your inferrence.

                  I want whatever you guys are drinking. Life must be so much easier in such a massive state of denial.
                  Did Talbot beat up your kid brother or pee in your cereal or something? What's with your weird vendetta against him? Just because you don't like the answer to a question you asked doesn't mean you shouldn't accept it.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

                    Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                    Did Talbot beat up your kid brother or pee in your cereal or something? What's with your weird vendetta against him? Just because you don't like the answer to a question you asked doesn't mean you shouldn't accept it.
                    I don't give a rip about him, UAH, Niagara, or the CHA. I caught a clip of something that looked suspicious, found evidence elsewhere that possibly backed up my assertion, came here looking for answers, and get a bunch of people telling me that what I'm looking at really isn't what I'm looking at. It was insecure hacks on here that started the whole conspiracy/vendetta talk. Seriously, you people think someone is going to come here and cry foul about that game due to an equipment issue? Get over yourselves.

                    I don't care if he wears 14" wide pads, uses overdrive blades, or has webbing in the crotch of his pants. Good on him. Maybe he in fact has them attached to his pads as such so they don't float independently, and gets around the rule somehow as them being part of his thigh rise..? That's cool. But if you're going to look right at something and say it doesn't exist, as opposed to offering up a realistic alternative as to what's happening (Here's a hint to start with: those ARE thigh boards) well...what more is there to say.

                    EDIT: Are you serious...someone thought it necessary to mess with my reputation over this? What a joke.
                    Last edited by Keycube; 03-19-2010, 03:54 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

                      Originally posted by Keycube View Post
                      I don't give a rip about him, UAH, Niagara, or the CHA. I caught a clip of something that looked suspicious, found evidence elsewhere that possibly backed up my assertion, came here looking for answers, and get a bunch of people telling me that what I'm looking at really isn't what I'm looking at. It was insecure hacks on here that started the whole conspiracy/vendetta talk. Seriously, you people think someone is going to come here and cry foul about that game due to an equipment issue? Get over yourselves.

                      I don't care if he wears 14" wide pads, uses overdrive blades, or has webbing in the crotch of his pants. Good on him. Maybe he in fact has them attached to his pads as such so they don't float independently, and gets around the rule somehow as them being part of his thigh rise..? That's cool. But if you're going to look right at something and say it doesn't exist, as opposed to offering up a realistic alternative as to what's happening (Here's a hint to start with: those ARE thigh boards) well...what more is there to say.

                      EDIT: Are you serious...someone thought it necessary to mess with my reputation over this? What a joke.
                      Clearly you care quite a bit more than you'd like us to think. Someone gave you a rational answer based on the photo you provided, and you chose to argue it further. Instead of agreeing to disagree, you resort to name calling, telling everyone who disagrees with you that they are in denial, and so forth. Your mind was made up before you made your first post, but you (deviously) presented it as a innocent question from a curious observer. And if you think that no one would ever come on this board and cry foul over equipment, you're sadly mistaken. Its happened before and will surely happen again.

                      As far as your reputaion is concerned, I think you've taken care of that on your own. But I suppose you'd like us to believe you don't care about that either.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

                        Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                        Clearly you care quite a bit more than you'd like us to think. Someone gave you a rational answer based on the photo you provided, and you chose to argue it further. Instead of agreeing to disagree, you resort to name calling, telling everyone who disagrees with you that they are in denial, and so forth. Your mind was made up before you made your first post, but you (deviously) presented it as a innocent question from a curious observer. And if you think that no one would ever come on this board and cry foul over equipment, you're sadly mistaken. Its happened before and will surely happen again.

                        As far as your reputaion is concerned, I think you've taken care of that on your own. But I suppose you'd like us to believe you don't care about that either.
                        You're right, forget it. I wouldn't want to let logic and observation get in the way of policing your little board so there's no hurt feelings. I forgot how cliquey it is around here.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

                          Originally posted by Keycube View Post
                          You're right, forget it. I wouldn't want to let logic and observation get in the way of policing your little board so there's no hurt feelings. I forgot how cliquey it is around here.
                          What logic do you speak of? Is it logical, when trying to make someone else see your point of view, to refer to them as delusional, in denial, or call them hacks? It has nothing to do with being "cliquey" at all. When you resort to personal attacks on someone making an honest observation or opinion, what do you expect to happen? Let's not forget that your first post in this thread was deceitful in itself. You presented yourself as a casual observer looking for others opinions, but when those opinions didn't fall in line with yours, your true intentions came out in for everyone to see. Not a great way to have a meaningful debate/conversation/argument.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

                            Originally posted by Keycube View Post
                            Are you serious...someone thought it necessary to mess with my reputation over this? What a joke.
                            I'm surprised it took 10 posts for it to happen. Your attitude became overwhelmingly negative as soon as someone had an OPINION that differed from yours. Some of the people that have posted in this thread in response to your posts are among the classiest posters around this forum (and no I am not including myself in that) yet you do nothing but attack. I hope you aren't like this in real life.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

                              Originally posted by Keycube View Post
                              But if you're going to look right at something and say it doesn't exist, as opposed to offering up a realistic alternative as to what's happening (Here's a hint to start with: those ARE thigh boards) well...what more is there to say.

                              Since you're not going to let it go, what I see are knee pads like the ones here.

                              http://www.nhldigest.com/reebok-revoke-goalie-pads/

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Equipment question/Alabama-Huntsville

                                Seven of your nine posts have been argumentative, sarcastic and insulting to the intelligence of any sane human. The fact that it took so long for you to get slapped with some neg rep is proof of the tolerance of our readers.
                                Du hockey comme dans le temps!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X