2010-11 Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010-11 Schedules

If Air Force has to come to Watertown to play Bentley, why can't a Hockey East school also schedule them? Then someone like a BC could play Air Force out there in addition to playing a Denver, for example. I don't know if AF has played any school from Hockey East in the regular season.
    Chris V
    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by TheValleyRaider View Post
      Does that schedule include travel-partner series?

If so, when is the Colgate-Cornell series?

Thanks
      Sorry, it does not include travel partner games because those the league lets them schedule directly with each other.
      9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
      1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
        If Air Force has to come to Watertown to play Bentley, why can't a Hockey East school also schedule them? Then someone like a BC could play Air Force out there in addition to playing a Denver, for example. I don't know if AF has played any school from Hockey East in the regular season.
        think of what it would be for Air Force... the AHA schedule is 28 home and away... 6 non-conf games... so say they play one other eastern opponent... how do you schedule that other game that's left dangling knowing that nobody else will want to schedule a one-off in the west?

----

As for Lowell... just repeating other information from other threads... I believe were are playing Mankato x2... what WildShawn says may be true based on things I've heard from past years but we'll have to see what materializes. I DOUBT Michigan State owes us a trip... mostly because games against those programs tend to be one-offs and its been quite a bit of time between then and now... what? 2004 and 2007? I think we'd be thrilled if we could get Michigan State to reciprocate... but that's just not likely.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          As for Lowell... just repeating other information from other threads... I believe were are playing Mankato x2...
          Mankato comes here for 2, don't have the dates yet
          2 games at Princeton the last weekend before Christmas break (12/10-11)
          A weekend at Niagara/RIT (October 15-16)
          Last NC game not finalized yet, but last I heard it will likely be a home game against Bentley (and likely a Tuesday night)

Also, for the HE schedule, I've been told that we open the season at Maine Saturday October 9, and end the season at Vermont (March 4-5)
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
            I've been told that we open the season at Maine Saturday October 9
            Oh boy! Can't wait
            It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
            But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

Northeastern plays Bentley and RPI at Matthews sometime this coming year.
              Arenas Attended
              Matthews Arena
              Agganis Arena
              Tsongas Arena
              Lawler Arena
              Schneider Arena
              Mullins Center
              TD Banknorth Garden
              Conte Forum
              Whittemore Center
              Gutterson Fieldhouse
              Alfond Arena
              Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
                Northeastern plays Bentley and RPI at Matthews sometime this coming year.
                RPI will be visiting Matthews on Oct 15th.

RPI's full schedule can be found here with the missing games detailed here.
                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                  How are they going to do this with the odd number of teams? Unless they have a plan in place to add the 12th team over the summer.
                  Play 4 opponents 4 times each for 16 games and six opponents twice for 12 games. Total = 28
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Play 4 opponents 4 times each for 16 games and six opponents twice for 12 games. Total = 28
                    Ok thats good but how are they going to fit the schedule in the same time frame with 1 team having a bye each weekend. I would guess weekday games will have to be included in some where.

Comment

How are they going to do this with the odd number of teams? Unless they have a plan in place to add the 12th team over the summer.
                      It's not that hard. Last season they had 19 weeks to fill in 14 series for each team. Same parameters this year, although you will need a minimum of 16 weeks to fill out the schedule, since everybody will have two byes even if it was perfect. You'll just see more league games in October.

They had a much more restrictive 11-team schedule before (3 games vs. each team, lots of wacky two-campus road trips or home weekends with changing opponents) and managed.

Comment

Originally posted by mmb5 View Post
                        It's not that hard. Last season they had 19 weeks to fill in 14 series for each team. Same parameters this year, although you will need a minimum of 16 weeks to fill out the schedule, since everybody will have two byes even if it was perfect. You'll just see more league games in October.

They had a much more restrictive 11-team schedule before (3 games vs. each team, lots of wacky two-campus road trips or home weekends with changing opponents) and managed.
                        i was thinking they would go to the 33 game schedule and use the 3 game format against everyone, but that might be kinda hard with alaska and the travel.

Comment

UM-Duluth moves into a new rink at the end of 2010.

UMD MEN'S SCHEDULE 2010-11

(Home games in CAPS)

Oct. 8 -- at Lake Superior State (Superior Cup)

Oct 9 -- at Northern Michigan (Superior Cup)

Oct. 15-16 -- PROVIDENCE

Oct. 22-23 -- ALASKA ANCHORAGE

Oct. 29-30 -- at Bemidji State

Nov. 5-6 -- at North Dakota

Nov. 12-13 -- MICHIGAN TECH

Nov. 19-20 -- at Wisconsin

Nov. 26-27 -- at Clarkson

Dec. 3-4 -- DENVER

Dec. 10-11 -- at Minnesota

Dec. 30 -- NORTH DAKOTA (DECC expansion opening)

Jan. 14-15 -- WISCONSIN

Jan. 21-22 -- at Michigan Tech

Feb. 4-5 -- MINNESOTA

Feb. 11-12 -- ST. CLOUD STATE

Feb. 18-19 -- at Minnesota State-Mankato

Feb. 25-26 -- at Colorado College

March 4-5 -- NEBRASKA-OMAHA
                          tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                            Mankato comes here for 2, don't have the dates yet
                            2 games at Princeton the last weekend before Christmas break (12/10-11)
                            A weekend at Niagara/RIT (October 15-16)
                            Last NC game not finalized yet, but last I heard it will likely be a home game against Bentley (and likely a Tuesday night)

Also, for the HE schedule, I've been told that we open the season at Maine Saturday October 9, and end the season at Vermont (March 4-5)
                            RIT's OOC opponents (as reported by WITR on 1/1/10)
                            2010-2011
                            merrimack and umass lowell - brick city weekend
                            at UNO tournament
                            at Union
                            at RPI
                            at Cornell

Brick City Weekend is our homecoming weekend, and is 10/15-10/17. One of the two games will probably be at Blue Cross Arena in downtown Rochester.
                            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                            Men's Frozen Four 2010
                            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

i was thinking they would go to the 33 game schedule and use the 3 game format against everyone, but that might be kinda hard with alaska and the travel.
                              Well, it would be 30, not 33, you don't play yourself.

When the CCHA last did the play everybody 3 times thing, there were three different methods. Pretty much all scheduling issues revolved around Alaska.

First method (pre-Alaska):
                              Simply 2 home/1 road or 1 home/2 road against everybody. This was the schedule for 1992-93 and 1993-94 when Kent was in the league. This was also intended for the 1994-95 schedule, but when Kent dropped out, they went to a 27 game schedule.

Second method (Alaska in the mix):
                              Starting in 1995-96, everybody either played Alaska 3 at home or 3 on the road. If you played Alaska at home, you then had 3 other schools you played 2 home/1 road, and 6 schools you played 1 home/2 road to get you to 15/15. If you played Alaska on the road, this was all reversed. Illinois-Chicago dropped out after the 1996-97 schedule was drafted, so for that year it was a 27 game schedule.

Third method:
                              Having 3 games in Alaska tended to be problematic on several fronts. So for 1998-99, it was changed to having one school go up and play 3, essentially during that school's break. Six other schools would visit Alaska for a 2 game series to give Alaska their 15 home games. Alaska would then visit six schools once and 3 schools three times for their 15 road games. The other schools would then do whatever necessary with 2 home/1 road or 1 home/2 road to get to 15-15.

After just one year, it was changed to 1/1 with three bonus series. At first it was not cluster-based, but rather a rotation. The cluster system started for the 2000-01 season.

Coming back to the present/future, there still hasn't been an inkling of the playoff format for next year that I've heard. If they go back to 8, that frees up another weekend.

Comment

I dont know what i was thinking with the 33 game duh you cant play yourself. I would think if they want to do the 28 games then they just go back to the 8 team playoff format and get that extra weekend for the regular season.

Comment

Working...
                                X