Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010-11 Schedules

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    Holy Cross releases their schedule. The AIC opener is an exhibition not an OOC game.
    They could call it anything they want... it counts in the record books.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

BC finally releases it. BU game on December 4 at 8:15 appears to be the latest change to avoid a conflict with a Basketball game at the Garden.

http://bceagles.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_...HockeySchedule

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        They could call it anything they want... it counts in the record books.
        Pardon my ignorance... but... why does it count in the record books? Isn't that the point of playing an exhibition game is that it doesn't count?
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
          ]

BC has officially been crowned the last to release their schedule and their season ticket order deadline has passed as well without an official schedule although it is known by all as posted on Hockey East:

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/bc/sched11.php
          incredible a really aggressive effort by the champs to increase or at least hold on to season ticket(s)/ sales........i bet a few(hundred) in CSOM could do a better job marketing the product
          Last edited by sterlippo1; 09-10-2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
            Pardon my ignorance... but... why does it count in the record books? Isn't that the point of playing an exhibition game is that it doesn't count?
            In all likelihood, it's because they're both NCAA varsity programs, and you can't not count contests between them as legitimate games. It'd be way too easy to evade the scheduling restrictions by doing so.
            UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              As far as I understand it, you can't play games against other D1 games and have it count as an "exhibition"... i could be wrong... I know soccer does it but I know of no other sport which does it. (edit: Basketball does it, but its limited to non-NCAA D1 schools)

I'd certainly think we'd see such a thing more often if it were allowed. It'd probably be cheaper than bringing in an opponent from Atlantic Canada.

edit: OK... from the NCAA manual... it makes no distinction about "exhibitions" and "games"... but it does mention "scrimmages".... so it would appear that you can play a "scrimmage"... but any such "scrimmages" count to the 34 game limit. It is unclear on which contests must count to NCAA tournament consideration... still digging.
              Last edited by Patman; 09-10-2010, 08:42 PM.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
              X