Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    It's simply stunning how long it took to figure out that Podge Turnbull needed to replace Patrick Johnson in the lineup. Better late than never I guess.
    Let's hope it stays that way.
    If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

It's simply stunning how long it took to figure out that Podge Turnbull needed to replace Patrick Johnson in the lineup. Better late than never I guess.
      So you think it will be permanent? I'm hopeful, but uncertain.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
        So you think it will be permanent? I'm hopeful, but uncertain.
        Eaves spoke to the media today and said we're going to use the same lines this week at practice. Seems pretty likely to me.

Comment

Eaves spoke to the media today and said we're going to use the same lines this week at practice. Seems pretty likely to me.
          Fantastic.

Comment

Fantastic.
            "We'll come back with that lineup early this week and see how we feel about it,'' he said of practices scheduled Tuesday and Wednesday in Madison before the team busses to St. Paul.

"What we did was coming because of the staleness that we had been seeing kind of creep in,'' Eaves said. "We changed at the right time, got some good jump. So we'll start the week with the lineup that we had.''

Those quotes were from the presser this afternoon...Baggot has them in his blog as well.

Comment

That is great news! It was amazing to see how energized the boys looked coming out against Denver. Hopefully we can start out the rest of our games like that!

Does anyone have any comments about hotel choices up in St. Paul?
              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                That is great news! It was amazing to see how energized the boys looked coming out against Denver. Hopefully we can start out the rest of our games like that!

Does anyone have any comments about hotel choices up in St. Paul?
                I have freinds places to stay so I'm not a connoisseur of the hotel scene by any means, but there is a Holiday Inn literally across the street.

Comment

[QUOTE=WisconsinWildcard;4713589]That is great news! It was amazing to see how energized the boys looked coming out against Denver. Hopefully we can start out the rest of our games like that!

Does anyone have any comments about hotel choices up in St. Paul?[/QUOTE]

Get one with a bathroom!
                  If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

I have freinds places to stay so I'm not a connoisseur of the hotel scene by any means, but there is a Holiday Inn literally across the street.
                    $109.00 to stay there when I checked this morning. No idea if that's a decent rate or not.

Comment

$109.00 to stay there when I checked this morning. No idea if that's a decent rate or not.
                      I highly doubt you're going to find too much better. And you simply cannot beat the location.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                        Agreed! Anyone also know the best place to find tickets? I've been finding ones for around $100 for the whole session but I am not sure if I want to risk scalping or just be safe and buy some before the games.
                        It sounds like there are going to be a lot of tickets available, and I highly doubt it will sell out. If you can't find anything on the street for below face value, you'd probably be able to get tickets at the door.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          "There, there son. You just don't understand the big picture like I do. Run along now."

Comment

Does anyone subscribe to the yahoo streaming radio broadcasts of the UW games? I need to know if they archive the games so I can listen to them later. I'll be on an airplane all day Saturday
                            Wisconsin Badgers: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006 NCAA Champs

Comment

Where is everyone getting there tickets at? What are the chances this sells out? Could I just drive up to St. Paul and buy them at the door or best case on the street below value?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                As is the fact that a few posters in this thread will act like they know more than everyone else. "There, there son. You just don't understand the big picture like I do. Run along now."

If you were watching today's game, I bet you'd see the difference in the Badger's intensity. Granted, Denver seems disinterested, but we are flying today.
                                How's the chip on your shoulder doing there? A little sore?

Everyone is free to their opinion, of course. Personally, I find the armchair quarterbacking on sports message boards following a team's loss to be utterly predictable and boring - the usual quotations about lack of effort and whatnot.

I don't find those posts to really be all that illuminating. If people need to vent, that's cool - I get that. Just voicing my opinion. I'm not sure how my disagreement interferes with your ability to express your opinion.

Hypothetical - if we scored a goal or two on Lee early, like we did against DU, and the rest of the game played out exactly the same in terms of skating and 'effort,' I think the fan analysis here would be completely different.
                                "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Working...
                                X