Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

was at both games this weekend. Yesterday's game was a decent game. We had in my mind 6 real good scoring chances. None went in. The effort was good, not great. Today's game was real good, flying all over the ice and scored on some shots that yesterday didn't get in. I think Goody is playing good enough to get us there right now, but we just seem to go through lapses as a team. Even in today's game from 17 min to go in the 3rd down to 7 min to go in the 3rd we got soft. Hopefully we can put it together for 4 more games.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      100% agreed.

knocking off #1 in the country to enter NCAA's is a great thing
      [QUOTE][/QUOTE

Only good thing about beating Denver today was the fact we should get a #1 seed in the tourney. Other than that Denver had nothing to play for seeing they were an automatic lock for a #1 seed.
      Otherwise the badgers played better today than yesterday.. score withstanding. I still have an uneasy feeling going into the tourney. Glad to see they scored on the PP. Also I thought I saw alot of penalties that could have been called for both teams. nice to see the refs let them played for the most part.

Now comes the fun if the badgers play like the way we all know they can play nobody will stop us. I'd just like to know which team is going to come out and play.

Great game glad we won. Now bring on the Frozen Four oh sorry I mean Two.

Comment

I know this is a broken record, but after watching another game with Turnbull, it frustrates the heck out of me why this guy sits over Johnson. The guy was fantastic today. The guy created his own offense, made bit hits, and put his heart out there on every shift. And the guy is considerably stronger too. Why he sits is a mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
          I know this is a broken record, but after watching another game with Turnbull, it frustrates the heck out of me why this guy sits over Johnson. The guy was fantastic today. The guy created his own offense, made bit hits, and put his heart out there on every shift. And the guy is considerably stronger too. Why he sits is a mystery.
          Plus he's got an unbelievably sweet mullet-goatee combo rockin' right now. Podge looked very good today and I sure hope that he's made the playoff lineup as a result but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Things I would like Andy Baggot to do:
            1. Really pester Eaves on the Turnbull/Johnson issue.
            2. Document, with photographs, every magnificent mustache on the team.

In either order really...

Comment

Its nice to see Bucky bounce back and beat Denver. Hopefully this will be the start of a winning streak that last all the way to the end of the season and a 7th national championship.
              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
              Originally posted by MadCityRich
              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                At the very least it makes me happy to know Podge still has his heart in the game. It would be easy for him to just shut down, but he has made the most of his limited opportunities this year. Here's to hoping Eaves and co see this going into the NCAAs. To me PJ just doesn't have the size or heart to be out there. I was hoping to see him develop into a Nick Licari type player, who more than makes up for his size with intensity and fire. So far he's been a disappointment and I can't believe he's getting the playing time over Podge.
                Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Come onnnnn St. Paul

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                    Come onnnnn St. Paul
                    Wooohoooo. Now I just need to find a cheap hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                      Wooohoooo. Now I just need to find a cheap hotel.
                      Let me know what you find...

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                        Let me know what you find...
                        Agreed! Anyone also know the best place to find tickets? I've been finding ones for around $100 for the whole session but I am not sure if I want to risk scalping or just be safe and buy some before the games.

Come on #7
                        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Wisconsin has a nice bracket . At least they're not going to see Michigan unless they each make the title game. I was worried about them facing them a 3rd time.

If they beat Vermont I'm hoping they get a rematch vs. St. Cloud.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Does anyone else think the ticket prices are pretty high? I don't remember them being this high before.

Comment

If anyone hears of any kind of a package deal with something like bus, hotel and tickets, I'd appreciate it if they post it here. Packages used to be common, but they've all but disappeared. Thanks.
                              "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

It's simply stunning how long it took to figure out that Podge Turnbull needed to replace Patrick Johnson in the lineup. Better late than never I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X