Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Originally posted by FueledByRamen View Post
    VW - I know I, along with others, were a bit rough on you at first. Seems like you've gotten the wild predictions under control, and its comments like this that make me love this place.

As always, ON WISCONSIN!

(And if that SCSU hack that shall not be named gets taken to the woodshed tomorrow by grotting/mitchell, I will be cheering from my cube at work)
    Am I past freshmen status yet and is the hazing complete?
    Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
      FS Wisconsin responded on Facebook about the second semifinal Friday and lack of live coverage...

They are airing HS hockey at 7pm because the Bucks coverage starts at 830 pm. The Denver game is set for after that (midnightish).
      Considering the Bucks are the hottest team in the Eastern conference right now, that is understandable. I bought my Brandon Jennings jersey a few weeks ago.

Comment

More alumni info - I was watching the Caps and the Canes this evening, and young Mr. McBain looked pretty good on the blue line for Carolina. Had a couple nice plays, showed off his heavy shot, and generally impressed Washington's PBP crew. Even got a few college hockey shout outs for it.

McBain had a few hiccups on offense - bad breakout passes leading to turnovers, etc - but all in all a solid performance for him.

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NgMqc-eSrzQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NgMqc-eSrzQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
        Last edited by blockski; 03-18-2010, 09:30 PM.
        "...the great state University of Wisconsin should ever encourage that continual and fearless sifting and winnowing by which alone the truth can be found."

Wisconsin '05 Michigan '07

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

my other blog

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
          Considering the Bucks are the hottest team in the Eastern conference right now, that is understandable. I bought my Brandon Jennings jersey a few weeks ago.
          The decision has nothing to do with the Bucks being the hottest team in the east. The decision was made before last season when FSWis went from about 40 Bucks games per season to 70. That knocked about 10 Badger games off FSWis.

So, I get why but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. I don't really care about the Bucks and wish they weren't on.

At one point in late February, the Badgers had a larger average attendance than the Bucks. That's impressive for UW fans and pretty sad reflection on the apathy Milwaukee has for the Bucks.

And I get the FCS package, so it's a matter of expressing my preference to FS. I'll still get to see the games live...
          St. Norbert College Green Knights
          NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
          NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
          NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
          ---
          SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Am I past freshmen status yet and is the hazing complete?
            Well, it was...

I bought my Brandon Jennings jersey a few weeks ago.
            ...but this bought you a few extra months.

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
              The decision has nothing to do with the Bucks being the hottest team in the east. The decision was made before last season when FSWis went from about 40 Bucks games per season to 70. That knocked about 10 Badger games off FSWis.

So, I get why but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. I don't really care about the Bucks and wish they weren't on.

At one point in late February, the Badgers had a larger average attendance than the Bucks. That's impressive for UW fans and pretty sad reflection on the apathy Milwaukee has for the Bucks.

And I get the FCS package, so it's a matter of expressing my preference to FS. I'll still get to see the games live...
              The Milwaukee Bucks have a larger television audience, though. That's the problem. Milwaukee people like hockey, by the way. They just don't tend to like Badger hockey because they have allegiances to other crappy schools like Marquette with no hockey program. If we could ever get the NHL to Milwaukee and get some former Badgers on the roster, that could change in my opinion.

Comment

The Milwaukee Bucks have a larger television audience, though. That's the problem. Milwaukee people like hockey, by the way. They just don't tend to like Badger hockey because they have allegiances to other crappy schools like Marquette with no hockey program. If we could ever get the NHL to Milwaukee and get some former Badgers on the roster, that could change in my opinion.
                Do they have the larger audience in Madison though? They already program FSNWi out of Minneapolis and split the feed for WI for UW events. Why can't they split it for Madison and Milwaukee?
                Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                sigpic
                Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                  Do they have the larger audience in Madison though? They already program FSNWi out of Minneapolis and split the feed for WI for UW events. Why can't they split it for Madison and Milwaukee?
                  I believe that they moved the FSNWI decision making to Milwaukee a few years back, thus the change towards a more Milwaukee dominated programing choices over the past few years.

Comment

I'm cutting out of work early today to see the UW Hockey game. I'll only be checking the BB game periodically. Now I better get back to work so I can leave early....

Wisconsin Hockey: Didn't get the McNaughton, will get the Broadmore.

Let's Go RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I checked the program guide on my cable box last night and FS-Wisconsin will at the very least be showing the Badgers play this afternoon. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get out of work to watch it, but have the DVR set to record it in case.
                      Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Originally posted by ganzhimself View Post
                        I checked the program guide on my cable box last night and FS-Wisconsin will at the very least be showing the Badgers play this afternoon. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get out of work to watch it, but have the DVR set to record it in case.
                        FSN North has every game "featuring" Frank & Doug. I'm pretty sure it's on all satellite & cable companies. DISH 436 (SD). Direct Tv ?
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          FSN North has every game "featuring" Frank & Doug. I'm pretty sure it's on all satellite & cable companies. DISH 436 (SD). Direct Tv ?
                          Yep, they're all on 668 on DirecTV.

Comment

Yeah, I don't have Dish or Direct TV, I'm stuck with a crappy, expensive cable plan for the time being and have a pretty limited selection of sports options, which blows.
                            Wisconsin Hockey is life... Everything else is just filler.

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                              That sounds like a good business idea. Should I provide you the FSN email contact? I completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by ganzhimself View Post
                                Yeah, I don't have Dish or Direct TV, I'm stuck with a crappy, expensive cable plan for the time being and have a pretty limited selection of sports options, which blows.
                                FINALLY! DISH PROVIDES SOMETHING RELATED TO BADGER HOCKEY THAT CHARTER/CABLE DOESN'T. I THINK I MIGHT GO CRY.

Comment

Working...
                                X