Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...031510aaa.html
    The WCHA has released its 2009-10 WCHA All-Academic Team, and five Badgers have found spots on it.

Senior tri-captain Ben Street, junior tri-captain Ryan McDonagh, senior forward Aaron Bendickson and sophomore defensemen Eric Springer and Ryan Little were named All-Academic WCHA.

In order to qualify, student-athletes must have completed one year of residency at present institution, prior to the current academic year and hold a grade point average of at least 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) for the previous two semesters or three quarters. Players may also qualify if his GPA is at least 3.00 for all terms at his present school.
    A Badger living in Buckeye country.
    Originally posted by MadCityRich
    He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
    "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...031610aad.html
    The No. 3 Wisconsin men's hockey team (24-9-4, 17-8-3 WCHA) swept Alaska Anchorage last weekend, advancing the Badgers into the Final Five semifinal game against No. 6 St. Cloud State (22-12-5, 15-9-4 WCHA) this Friday at 2 p.m. in St. Paul, Minn. The two teams have met four times this year, with each team winning two games.

On Monday, head coach Mike Eaves met with the media and discussed last weekend's sweep, this weekend's Final Five and the upcoming NCAA Tournament.
    He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
    I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
    "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

I'm getting nit-picky, but we probably don't need "part (insert number)."

I like the "Just win, baby!" part though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post

It could have been so much worse.

I like it. I'm in!

Let's get number 7!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          Well, since part 2 got locked, I figured it made sense.
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
            Well, since part 2 got locked, I figured it made sense.

Thanks.
            I understand why you did it. But We always run the Wisconsin threads to 1,000 posts no matter what. So in my opinion it doesn't make sense to do "parts" or "offseason" threads.

Because they end up running into each other and it looks stupid if you have an offseason thread in during the season, etc.

Comment

I'm always a bit hesitant to post about past Badgers on the current Badger thread but here goes:

I'm pretty sure all Badger posters know Jamie McBain was recalled from Albany to Carolina on Tuesday (thanks to Chuck on "60 minutes".) He got a ton of love on the Hurricanes feed on Center Ice last night. His success at UW was mentioned often and he was interviewed right after the first period which handled very well.

No matter how often it happens, it never gets old seeing and hearing about former Badgers on NHL telecasts. I REALLY love it when the guys on Versus show pictures of Brian Engblom during his years at UW.

Who's got the McBain character picture from the Simpson's?
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

"Just win, baby!"... What are you, a Raiders Fan

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  Who's got the McBain character picture from the Simpson's?
                  *****http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/content/pictures/regulars/McBainGuns.gif******

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                    *****http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/content/pictures/regulars/McBainGuns.gif******
                    Nice!
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      I'm always a bit hesitant to post about past Badgers on the current Badger thread but here goes:
                      If not here, then where?

Feel free to do so and anyone who has a problem with it can choose to skim it and move on.

I LOVE talking and hearing about former Badgers, games from years gone by, stories about anything loosely related to Badger hockey, etc.

It's pretty funny when the thread police show up to tell people what they can and can't talk about. D-bags. Happens all the time on the Blackhawks board, which is a big part of why I rarely go there.

Good for McBain!

Comment

1! 2! 3! 4! 5! 6!

We Want More!
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

FS Wisconsin responded on Facebook about the second semifinal Friday and lack of live coverage...

They are airing HS hockey at 7pm because the Bucks coverage starts at 830 pm. The Denver game is set for after that (midnightish).
                            St. Norbert College Green Knights
                            NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                            NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                            NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                            ---
                            SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              If not here, then where?

Feel free to do so and anyone who has a problem with it can choose to skim it and move on.

I LOVE talking and hearing about former Badgers, games from years gone by, stories about anything loosely related to Badger hockey, etc.

It's pretty funny when the thread police show up to tell people what they can and can't talk about. D-bags. Happens all the time on the Blackhawks board, which is a big part of why I rarely go there.

Good for McBain!
                              FEI: A board eists exclusively for alumni talk and a UW thead exists: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=69438

Personally, I do like to see this tread generally remain on topic about the CURRENT season. Part of what makes Wisconsin Hockey great is the tradition and history that the program has built over the years, so I don't personally mind some talk about games of the past or how UW players a performing in the pros. The problem is that at some point that talk stops being about UW hockey, and more about topic xyz.

Comment

Working...
                              X