Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

The Osiecki loss is a huge one, his name recruited defensemen for itself. I'm hoping that they talk to Luke Strand from Sioux City of the USHL. Not sure he would leave though.

Comment

I had this posted in my blog on April 16th...Craig Norwich had supposedly interviewed for KP's job. As most probably know he played for the Badgers.

Here's his playing experience via HockeyDB. His Coaching resume appears to include coaching and starting the hockey program at Shattuck St. Mary's and coaching St. Paul Academy, and now he works developing players through All World Hockey.
      Last edited by DPlaya; 04-25-2010, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Rescind their title!
        http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...fterCrash.html

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          The Osiecki loss is a huge one, his name recruited defensemen for itself. I'm hoping that they talk to Luke Strand from Sioux City of the USHL. Not sure he would leave though.
          What is Nick Licari up to? (5'5"? )
          He would bring in the same kind of grit and enthusiasm that the players need.

Comment

The way Burish is playing maybe he should interview...

Comment

While I think Strand is a great coach, he just finished his first year with Sioux City. The Muskies have new owners and - presuming he's already met with them and been assured of his job status - and I can't see him leaving at this particular point.
              St. Norbert College Green Knights
              NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
              NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
              NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
              ---
              SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Empty Upper Deck = FAIL

I agree with you that the spectacle was important and with your economic argument.

It may have been a success from a revenue standpoint, but the fact that it was not even close to capacity makes it a forgettable failure of an event,IMHO.
                Are you STILL whining about that? Seriously, let it go...
                A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                Originally posted by MadCityRich
                He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Assistant coach thought... Mike Richter.. Thoughts... think of the goaltending recruits... think of the influence... Its too great to think about.

I know Barry Alvarez doesn't even know who he is but i think it would be a great choice...
                  Last edited by uwbadgers14; 04-26-2010, 09:23 PM.
                  The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
                    I'm not sure what else Licari is up to, but he is going to be an Assistant Coach for the new Team Wisconsin U14 Team....

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                      While I think Strand is a great coach, he just finished his first year with Sioux City. The Muskies have new owners and - presuming he's already met with them and been assured of his job status - and I can't see him leaving at this particular point.
                      He's a Wisconsin guy. I'm not ruling this possibility out yet.

Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
                      He's not ready yet. We don't want another Grant Potulny mess on our hands.

Comment

Also, don't forget about Team Wisconsin U-16 coach Gary Shuchuck. He's been rumored to have been interested/talked to about Kevin Patricks job as well.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
                          Assistant coach thought... Mike Richter.. Thoughts... think of the goaltending recruits... think of the influence... Its too great to think about.

I know Barry Alvarez doesn't even know who he is but i think it would be a great choice...
                          Just tell Barry Mike is Pat's brother, then he might listen.
                          If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                            Are you STILL whining about that? Seriously, let it go...
                            I was taking part in an ongoing conversation...

Comment

We don't want another Grant Potulny mess on our hands.
                              eew
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Just wandered over from the Ohio State thread to see the discussion on coaches. What about Steve Brent from OSU if Oz doesn't keep him? He's not a WI guy, but was 3 time captain at OSU and has been recruiting for 10 years. Also, I would think as a Big 10 guy he would understand how to operate at WI.

Thoughts?
                                OSU - we got nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X