Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Part 3: Just win, baby!

We could go two routes on this:

(1) Pick a tiny bar, where we could basically take over the place or
    (2) Pick a good bar, which will have nice TVs, and have to battle with basketball fans for TVs, sound, etc.

It all depends on how many people we have.

One of my friends is suggesting Echo Tap.

He figures (1) it's a small enough place (and out of the way) not to be over-run by bouncyball fans, (2) it's a pretty laid back, chill sort of bar, (3) some of the guys used to go there back when we lived on Basset, and they claim its a hockey-friendly bar.

My suggestions:

Echo Tap
    Big 10
    Stadium View
    Buck's Madison Square
    Badgerland
    Brats... I guess

I normally wouldn't go for Brats, to be honest. I went there with a few friends for the WCHA third place game against Minnesota back in 2006. There were a shockingly large number of people who saw it on TV and were saying "why is there hockey on TV??" even after they saw that it was UW against the rodents. The memory is lasting. BUT, if we get enough people to show up, then all that isn't a big deal, since most bars are happy to turn a TV or two for a group of 15 people or so (I've got at least 5 in my group).
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Does everyone have there mustaches ready for the X tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

(2) Pick a good bar, which will have nice TVs, and have to battle with basketball fans for TVs, sound, etc.

He figures (1) it's a small enough place (and out of the way) not to be over-run by bouncyball fans, (2) it's a pretty laid back, chill sort of bar, (3) some of the guys used to go there back when we lived on Basset, and they claim its a hockey-friendly bar.
        The Echo is a very hockey-friendly bar and the owner and others have season tix. This would probably be a great choice. Call ahead and I'm sure they'll let you know what to expect.

Have fun. I'll be planted in front of my big screen with the Fam.

Can't wait!

Comment

So its official- I'm heading to Madison to meet up with some of the old Crease Creatures to watch the game tomorrow. It'd be nice if we could find a bar that's not loaded with the types of idiots who would complain if anything besides basketball is on TV.

Anyone here in Madison and know which bars will be showing the hockey game? Or better yet: should we pick a bar and have a bunch of USCHO-ers show up wanting to see the game? Power in numbers, people...
          I could possibly be game for a USCHO-er gameday viewing. There's the possibility that some previously fallen-through plans will be rekindled, but if you pick a spot I'll try to find it. Not sure I'll have the mustache rocking or not. I'm far more of a beard guy than a mustache man.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
            Does everyone have there mustaches ready for the X tomorrow?
            I do...well for Saturday at least.

Comment

Originally posted by HCSmooth View Post
              Not sure I'll have the mustache rocking or not. I'm far more of a beard guy than a mustache man.
              Come on, lets be honest. Not many people are mustache men. But you need to do this for the team. You need to do this for Madison. You need to do this for the state of Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Come on, lets be honest. Not many people are mustache men. But you need to do this for the team. You need to do this for Madison. You need to do this for the state of Wisconsin.
                Not a chance in the world.

If Wisconsin's hopes are riding on me growing a stache, ya'll better change your plans now. I'm pretty sure that my wife won't **** me if I have a stache.

Comment

I am pretty sure Big 10 Pub would be easy to find a TV to watch it on...however, they have a fish fry going on and are usually very busy on Fridays because of that.

I am heading up to St. Paul tomorrow morning (I wish it was now...**** developmental neurobiology class )
                  Staying at the Holiday Inn both nights and hopefully will see some badger fans around at the bars.

GO RED!
                  In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                  I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    I'm pretty sure that my wife won't **** me if I have a stache.
                    Technically, she's only got the right to complain if... actually, let's not get into that.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Technically, she's only got the right to complain if... actually, let's not get into that.
                      hahahhahahahahahahahahaahahaha

Comment

My suggestions:

Echo Tap
                        Big 10
                        Stadium View
                        Buck's Madison Square
                        Badgerland
                        Brats... I guess

I normally wouldn't go for Brats, to be honest. I went there with a few friends for the WCHA third place game against Minnesota back in 2006. There were a shockingly large number of people who saw it on TV and were saying "why is there hockey on TV??" even after they saw that it was UW against the rodents. The memory is lasting. BUT, if we get enough people to show up, then all that isn't a big deal, since most bars are happy to turn a TV or two for a group of 15 people or so (I've got at least 5 in my group).
                        I think if you went to luckys you could probably get the game on a nice tv with volume. They are pretty hockey friendly there and for sure UW friends. It helps that the bballt eam go beat last weekend.
                        The Quest For 7

Comment

Buffalo Wild Wings would be another good option for watching the game. With all the TVs they have at those, theres bound to be the game on one of them.
                          A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                          Originally posted by MadCityRich
                          He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                          Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                          "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                            Buffalo Wild Wings would be another good option for watching the game. With all the TVs they have at those, theres bound to be the game on one of them.
                            AND you'd get to control the game, like on those commercials. Excellent plan.

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...032510aab.html
                              he top-seeded Wisconsin men's hockey team (25-10-4) continues its quest for a seventh NCAA title when it takes on fourth-seeded Vermont Catamounts (17-14-7) in the opening round of the 2010 NCAA Men's Ice Hockey West Regional on Friday.

The game is slated to begin at 8 p.m. at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minn. and will be broadcast on ESPNU HD and ESPNU. The winner of the game will advance to battle the winner of second-seeded St. Cloud State (23-13-5) and third-seeded Northern Michigan (20-12-8) with a ticket to the Frozen Four in Detroit on the line.

The Wisconsin-Vermont matchup is a rarity, as the teams have played only three times before. The schools last squared off on Dec. 28, 1996, with the Catamounts besting the Badgers, 5-2, in the consolation game of the Badger Hockey Showdown.
                              The Catamounts have been involved in three consecutive shutouts, losing their most recent game, but putting up a pair of 1-0 blankings against New Hampshire in the first round of the Hockey East playoffs.

The Wisconsin squad ranks second in the nation in scoring with a 3.97 goals-per-game average and lead the nation with 155 goals scored. This is nicely countered with their 2.56 goals-against-per-game average.
                              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                              Originally posted by MadCityRich
                              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Well, as of right now, my group is going to Echo Tap.

You have about 20 hours or so to dissuade us.

Comment

Working...
                                X