X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Next Coach?

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Where would that be?
    I was just thinking that...they're not good in any area in particular.
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      From USHR:

"We're getting two different reports on Gwozdecky's not being hired, one indicating his price tag was too high -- even for OSU -- and the other saying that he slept on it, and decided to stick with Denver. More likely, it was some combination of the two. And, of course, there could well be reasons we may never know of."
      If this is true, OSU really blew it. OSU can afford him. My only guess he wanted all of his assistants with big multi-year contracts, OSU refused. Or he wanted 4 football tickets included, OSU refused. Or he wanted 100% backing from the athletic Dept. and was told. "we gave Markell 50% backing...at best. but we'll give you 70%."

Comment

610 usually talks Blue Jacket hockey on Sundays between 11:00 and noon, I wonder if they will touch on Osiecki.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Wrister View Post
          If this is true, OSU really blew it. OSU can afford him. My only guess he wanted all of his assistants with big multi-year contracts, OSU refused. Or he wanted 4 football tickets included, OSU refused. Or he wanted 100% backing from the athletic Dept. and was told. "we gave Markell 50% backing...at best. but we'll give you 70%."
          Time to quit thinking about who OSU didn't hire and start thinking about what we will see on the ice come October.

Playing for Osiecki has got to have the d-men excited.

Comment

This should be a good hire for OSU. Looking at what he had done with the D at Wisconsin and the success he has had everywhere he has been is very encouraging. I have heard a lot of positive things about him. I look for him to eliminate the selfish play that plagued this team in past years under Markell. Did he announce any assistants yet? Is he keeping either of the current guys?

Comment

All the applicants they must've had and they hire an Assistant from Wisconsin? Really. Are you kidding me? Cheese Head move to say the least. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckDoctor View Post
                All the applicants they must've had and they hire an Assistant from Wisconsin? Really. Are you kidding me? Cheese Head move to say the least. Whatever.
                No kidding - how can he expect to hold a candle to Pooley - I mean Paul PLAYED at OSU...your sour grapes will go well with Wisconsin cheese.
                OSU - we got nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                  I was just thinking that...they're not good in any area in particular.
                  They've done really well in the Pittsburgh/Pennsylvania area...Umberger, Bittner, Somma, Betz...I think there are others.
                  OSU - we got nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Wrister View Post
                    So you have access to the hockey departments budget figures? How do you come up with the extra money that he would want, plus extra money for his assistants and from where in the budget do you take that money. If you shift it from somewhere else in the athletic department, whose budget do you take it from? Maybe you would suggest to Tressel and Matta that they're coughing up $100 grand each to benefit hockey...
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Our loss is your gain, you ********! .

Seriously, you'll love the guy. He's a straight shooter who might offend some without his butt-kissing. I've always been a big fan of HIS and will continue to be. Helluva recruiter, too.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Just curious about the timing of the announcement. Why was it made during a very busy weekend in sports both nationally and locally? If they announced it at the OSU spring game, I could understand that, does anyone know if that happened? Also, a lot of people were busy watching the NFL draft.

If they did not announce it at the Spring Game, that bothers me in that they don't seem to be promoting hockey any better now when they have some great news as compared to promoting hockey in the past.

Fianlly, can someone who knows give us all the proper pronunication of Oz's last name!

Comment

Timing was probably to get ahead of the Florida meetings and after the championships. Makes more sense now that we know that Oz was in Detroit until the last and couldn't interview with attention on the game and current team.
                          OSU - we got nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            So you have access to the hockey departments budget figures? .
                            We all have access to the budgets, all public records.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitchenhockeydad View Post
                              Fianlly, can someone who knows give us all the proper pronunication of Oz's last name!
                              Oh-see-kee. But Oz is easier to say and spell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitchenhockeydad View Post
                                If they did not announce it at the Spring Game, that bothers me in that they don't seem to be promoting hockey any better now when they have some great news as compared to promoting hockey in the past.
                                Television spring game announcers came forth with the info during the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X