Ohio State Next Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State Next Coach?

Who should be the next coach at Ohio State? How about Paul Pooley? Walt Kyle? Miami Assistant? Just a few names i wanted to throw out there. Whoever it is should demand a hockey only facility.

Re: Ohio State Next Coach?

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    Who should be the next coach at Ohio State? How about Paul Pooley? Walt Kyle? Miami Assistant? Just a few names i wanted to throw out there. Whoever it is should demand a hockey only facility.
    The Ohio State University doesn't hire assistants at Miami of Ohio any more than we hire their Assistant Professors. We hire their head coaches in the same way we take any tenured faculty that we deem worthy. If we're serious about rebuilding the program, then we need to make the appropriate commitment. I say we go after Rico. If he wants to hold some grandstanding press conference to turn us down, fine. It still sends the message to the rest of the college coaching fraternity that we're serious about this hire.

OK Gene Smith, Geiger has left the building, and this is your first real hire. Let's see what you've got.
    Last edited by Sterling Cooper; 03-16-2010, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Ken Hitchcock is available and he already has a house in the area.
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

How about Paul Pooley?
        There are some folks in Rhode Island you might want to chat with before thinking Pooley and the "dump and watch" is a good idea.
        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

tDon himself.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'm sorry, did you just suggest Paul Pooley should get another head coaching job?
            Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Cooper View Post
              The Ohio State University doesn't hire assistants at Miami of Ohio any more than we hire their Assistant Professors. We hire their head coaches.
              When i was down in oxford more than one of there fans came up to me and siad the rumor is that bergeron is going to be the next coach at ohio state if markell is let go.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                I'm sorry, did you just suggest Paul Pooley should get another head coaching job?
                not saying he should get the job only said would he be on the list. I think if Lucia is let go by the gophers they should go after him.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  tDon himself.
                  It's a package deal, John Hill goes with!

Comment

When i was down in oxford more than one of there fans came up to me and siad the rumor is that bergeron is going to be the next coach at ohio state if markell is let go.
                    On what basis would they possibly be in the know as to what Ohio State's AD is thinking? Sounds like typical Miami of Ohio arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers

Ever think that some initial conversations may have already taken place and that, just maybe, some folks at Miami were aware of them?
                      No. I don't. Ohio State is not going to go trolling for Miami of Ohio assistants before they've even let their own head coach go. Our AD's press release has already stated that we're going to "take our time" and conduct a "national search."

I think that counts for a little more than some blowhard in the stands last weekend.

Just to put things into perspective, Markell already made a 20% higher salary than Blasi. We could double Blasi's salary with what, to our athletic department, amounts to pocket change.

Comment

I'm deathly afraid of one certain possibility for this job.

Comment

I hear Jim Culhane is available.

[ducking]
                          Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
                            It's a package deal, John Hill goes with!
                            And another program goes down hill? (bad pun) Why not just send Hill and then the Gophers might just recover.
                            "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Thinking you could possibly get Blasi from Miami is the height of lunacy.

You really want your AD to embarrass himself by publicly stating "We want Blasi" - just to make the fans think he's "going for it" - and then having Blasi say "no" publicly? (As if Blasi would bother with that charade anyway)

Please - if Gene Smith has any class, he won't be trying that shenanigan. At best, he should dot his i's and cross his t's by making a courtesy call to Mr. Blasi .... "Hi coach, would you be interested in talking to us? ... No? OK, take care. Click" ... and that would be the end of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X