Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State Mankato Offseason Thread. Do we need one? Oops, here we go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State Mankato Offseason Thread. Do we need one? Oops, here we go.

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
    Do you understand the impact on a local economy, and how that affects everyone there? Money spent in town gets circulated in town. Taxes in town stay in town.
    How many Gopher fans really stay at a hotel for the games? 200 at most? I bet most Gopher fans go to one of the games and then drive home. The sad part of of all this is Mankato backed out of a arrangment that in the past benefitted them the most and now that it didn't screwed the people who were helping them. In the end it doesn't hurt SCSU and U of M that much because they don't need the money as much as Mankato does. However, in the future if Mankato needs something I doubt those two schools are going to be willing to help unless they get some type of guarantee.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I don't really care one way or the other with the home-and-home series, but it's understandable why MSU went the way they did. While every other school in the state is getting tens of millions of dollars from the state government for their arenas, any upgrades MSU wants done to the Civic Center--and there's a lot that could be done-- has to come through local tax revenue. So maximizing the intake to local businesses is important, and having two home games in a weekend does seem to make a difference.

Also, I don't really understand what MSU would have to do with St. Cloud and Minnesota agreeing to split up their home games.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
        I don't really care one way or the other with the home-and-home series, but it's understandable why MSU went the way they did. While every other school in the state is getting tens of millions of dollars from the state government for their arenas, any upgrades MSU wants done to the Civic Center--and there's a lot that could be done-- has to come through local tax revenue. So maximizing the intake to local businesses is important, and having two home games in a weekend does seem to make a difference.

Also, I don't really understand what MSU would have to do with St. Cloud and Minnesota agreeing to split up their home games.
        SCSU got ten's of millions? Last I checked they got 6 or 7 million from the state out of the 30 million renovation project. I am sure if MSU raised 23 million and put it into the Civic Center it would be plenty nice.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
          SCSU got ten's of millions? Last I checked they got 6 or 7 million from the state out of the 30 million renovation project.
          Plus however many million from the state to get it built in the first place, which MSU never got. Plus an annual check from the state to cover cost of operation for the building, which MSU doesn't get.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

Plus however many million from the state to get it built in the first place, which MSU never got. Plus an annual check from the state to cover cost of operation for the building, which MSU doesn't get.
            The building and hockey program more than pays for it's self. However, you are correct they do get money for their general budget from the state, but so do all other MNSCU schools. Former SCSU president Brendan McDonald had a vision and was smart enough to get people like John Marriucci and Herb Brooks to help him get the state to give them 11 million to build the arena. It's not our fault nobody at Mankato State had that vision.....

I agree though, Mankato has a money problem in part because they have to share revenue with the city of Mankato for home games. The problem is even if they did renovations they still would have to split money with the city. I realize if they had box seating they would make more money, but as it stands now they are not exactly selling out every game and if they add more seating it is not a guarantee they will sell the exta seating especially if they are more expensive.

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

I found this via Shane's Twitter: 2010-2011 Roster.

Shane's take.

I really don't have anything to add at this time, but figured I'd throw these out there. I suppose the thread could use a bump, too
              Alumni of Minnesota State University, Mankato.
              Let's Go Mavs!

Comment

Can't wait for the season to start, and get back to our rivalry with the Seawolves!!

Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                  Can't wait for the season to start, and get back to our rivalry with the Seawolves!!

Go Mavs!
                  I sent in my season-ticket renewal, but I honestly don't know why. The addition of Nebraska-Omaha and Bemidji just means two more teams to finish ahead of the Mavericks this year. Thank heavens there's always Tech!
                  My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I sent in my season-ticket renewal, but I honestly don't know why. The addition of Nebraska-Omaha and Bemidji just means two more teams to finish ahead of the Mavericks this year. Thank heavens there's always Tech!
                    Tech's not gonna be horrid next year if they can stay healthy. I'd change that to thank heavens there's Anchorage.
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Tech's not gonna be horrid next year if they can stay healthy. I'd change that to thank heavens there's Anchorage.
                      Okay, I'll grasp at whatever straws are floating.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Well, the Mavs matched up pretty well against Bemidji, Nebraska-Omaha and SCSU last year going 4 wins 3 losses and 2 ties. Too bad the stinkers came against Alaska and Tech and the 4 ot losses in regular season. Too many one goal losses overall. Need to change that trend.

Comment

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...09/kurt-davis/

Comment

Originally posted by Mavwatcher View Post
                            Well, the Mavs matched up pretty well against Bemidji, Nebraska-Omaha and SCSU last year going 4 wins 3 losses and 2 ties. Too bad the stinkers came against Alaska and Tech and the 4 ot losses in regular season. Too many one goal losses overall. Need to change that trend.
                            I fear that the move of Bemidji to the WCHA is going to give them a huge recruiting advantage over Mankato. Before, the kids from northern Minnesota could choose between playing close to home where their friends and family could come to the games and playing in the WCHA. Now they can do both at Bemidji. And Omaha has a vastly superior coach.

Comment

I fear that the move of Bemidji to the WCHA is going to give them a huge recruiting advantage over Mankato. Before, the kids from northern Minnesota could choose between playing close to home where their friends and family could come to the games and playing in the WCHA. Now they can do both at Bemidji. And Omaha has a vastly superior coach.
                              What kids from northern Minnesota?

Comment

What kids from northern Minnesota?
                                Channing Boe, Zach Lehrke, Joe Schiller.. just to name a few playing for the Mavs.
                                Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
                                THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Working...
                                X