Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

    Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
    I endorse this regional.
    IF St Clood broke through and won their first ever game in the NCAAs against Northern, Im open for suggestions
    Last edited by NMU8405; 03-17-2010, 07:02 PM.
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

    Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

    A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

    NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5


    1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

    Comment


    • #92
      Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

      Originally posted by 1/2 nook View Post
      Do I fly into Boston or is there a better place?
      Providence is not far at all from Worcester, about a 45 minute drive.
      Boston College Eagles
      NCAA Champions
      1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012


      Bentley University Falcons

      Comment


      • #93
        Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

        Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
        Not Hartford, if not Logan, fly into Manchester NH. Its a pretty short drive
        I've gone through Bradley which is midway between Hartford and Springfield. It is a very easy airport to navigate(1 terminal) and flights sometimes are cheaper than to Boston. Don't count it out. Manchester, Boston, Providence and Bradley are all about the same distance to Worcester if you plan on renting a car. Flights to Worcester are mainly just from Myrtle Beach, SC on DirectAir.

        Comment


        • #94
          Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

          This is the scenario I am personally hoping for this weekend:

          HEA
          BU
          BC
          BC

          CCHA
          Miami
          Ferris
          Miami
          Michigan

          ECAC
          Cornell
          Union
          Cornell
          Brown

          WCHA
          UND
          St. Cloud
          Denver
          Denver
          Wisconsin

          AHA
          Sacred Heart
          RIT
          RIT

          Gives you this for PWR:
          1. Miami
          2. Denver
          3. Wisconsin
          4. Boston College
          5. St. Cloud
          6. North Dakota
          7. Cornell
          8. Bemidji State
          9. Ferris State
          10. Yale
          11. Alaska
          12. New Hampshire
          13t. Northern Michigan
          13t. Vermont
          25. RIT
          — Alabama-Huntsville
          BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
          National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
          Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954


          Bentley Falcons Hockey

          Comment


          • #95
            Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

            Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
            I've gone through Bradley which is midway between Hartford and Springfield. It is a very easy airport to navigate(1 terminal) and flights sometimes are cheaper than to Boston. Don't count it out. Manchester, Boston, Providence and Bradley are all about the same distance to Worcester if you plan on renting a car. Flights to Worcester are mainly just from Myrtle Beach, SC on DirectAir.
            he provided good info
            *****

            Comment


            • #96
              Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

              Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              he provided good info
              Most definately Bradley Airport (Hartford/Springfield) is closest to Worcester.
              Southwest flies in there if they fly out of an airport near you.
              -------------
              Yale University 2013 National Champs

              Comment


              • #97
                Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

                Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                Most definately Bradley Airport (Hartford/Springfield) is closest to Worcester.
                Southwest flies in there if they fly out of an airport near you.
                Mapquest says from Worcester to Bradley Int Airport = 71 mi, 1hr17min, to Manch Int Airport = 69 mi; 1h24min, to Logan Int Airport = 49 mi, 60min, to T.F. Green Airport = 49 mi, 58min. So, TFG south of Providence wins just barely over Boston's Logan, with cheaper tolls. But, as noted, some airlines into TFGreen, Manchvegas, and Bradley may have much cheaper fares than Logan.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

                  Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                  Gives you this for PWR:
                  1. Miami
                  2. Denver
                  3. Wisconsin
                  4. Boston College
                  5. St. Cloud
                  6. North Dakota
                  7. Cornell
                  8. Bemidji State
                  9. Ferris State
                  10. Yale
                  11. Alaska
                  12. New Hampshire
                  13t. Northern Michigan
                  13t. Vermont
                  25. RIT
                  — Alabama-Huntsville
                  The NCAA would like that...

                  Worcester:
                  Boston College vs NMU
                  St. Cloud vs New Hampshire

                  Albany:
                  Denver vs RIT
                  Cornell vs Alaska

                  Fort Wayne:
                  Miami vs Huntsville
                  Bemidji State vs Ferris State

                  St Paul:
                  Wisconsin vs Vermont
                  North Dakota vs Yale

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

                    Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Mapquest says from Worcester to Bradley Int Airport = 71 mi, 1hr17min, to Manch Int Airport = 69 mi; 1h24min, to Logan Int Airport = 49 mi, 60min, to T.F. Green Airport = 49 mi, 58min. So, TFG south of Providence wins just barely over Boston's Logan, with cheaper tolls. But, as noted, some airlines into TFGreen, Manchvegas, and Bradley may have much cheaper fares than Logan.

                    Driving out of Logan through the tunnel and then through Boston can add an hour to any trip to Worcester. Bradley and TF Green are your best bets.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

                    Comment


                    • Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

                      Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                      This is the scenario I am personally hoping for this weekend:

                      ECAC
                      Cornell
                      Union
                      Cornell
                      Brown
                      No fair! Why is Cornell allowed to win 3 games this weekend to improve its PWR?
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                      Comment


                      • Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

                        Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Driving out of Logan through the tunnel and then through Boston can add an hour to any trip to Worcester...
                        ...and add 30 points to your blood pressure, and cost you $20 for the effort!

                        Comment


                        • Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

                          Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                          This is the scenario I am personally hoping for this weekend:

                          HEA
                          BU
                          BC
                          BC

                          CCHA
                          Miami
                          Ferris
                          Miami
                          Michigan

                          ECAC
                          Cornell
                          Union
                          Cornell
                          Brown

                          WCHA
                          UND
                          St. Cloud
                          Denver
                          Denver
                          Wisconsin

                          AHA
                          Sacred Heart
                          RIT
                          RIT
                          I like the way you think! Kind of like Three-Card-Monte, College Hockey Edition!

                          Comment


                          • Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

                            Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                            Driving out of Logan through the tunnel and then through Boston can add an hour to any trip to Worcester. Bradley and TF Green are your best bets.
                            You don't go through Boston to get to Worcester. You take the Mass Pike. The backups are at rush hour at the toll booths. Otherwise, it's a pretty easy drive.

                            But I agree that Logan isn't so much better that it's the only option, especially if you get in at rush hour.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

                              Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
                              ...and add 30 points to your blood pressure, and cost you $20 for the effort!
                              Not to mention the possibility of concrete ceiling panals in the tunnel falling down, crushing your car and killing you and all of your friends and loved ones. This could happen!
                              sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

                              Comment


                              • Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

                                Originally posted by CLS View Post
                                You don't go through Boston to get to Worcester. You take the Mass Pike.
                                ...Which goes directly under the city of Boston.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14


                                Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X