• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sterlippo1
    replied
    Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Yeah, but attendance is down all over the place. Hockey East was only 2/3 full after countless sellouts, attendance at the Joe couldn't have been good..what was the number at the WCHA F5 without the Gophers?

So they tried to boost attendance this year.
    attendance at the Joe was just over 17K for saturday and less than 10K for friday............HE was about 12K for each night thanks to Maine
    Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-21-2010, 01:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• i'zonprize
    replied

Originally posted by i'zonprize View Post
    suppose easy switches might be

Yale to Worcester.. bring a heavy artillery, and it ain't because of the neighborhood!
    UNH to Albany.
    Michigan to Fort Wayne
    NMU to St. Paul

honestly.. Worcester is shaping up to be a minny Frozen Four- only without the shinny Trophy!
    Should have charged a consulting fee for this dandy last night! They made each move!

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Yeah, but attendance is down all over the place. Hockey East was only 2/3 full after countless sellouts, attendance at the Joe couldn't have been good..what was the number at the WCHA F5 without the Gophers?

Attendance was way down...the championship had 16k announced according to the Star Tribune and reports were the Friday Night Semi-final was near 14k announced.

Leave a comment:

• freak
    replied

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
    Wow..that's a fun tool. I changed just 2 UVM scores. A loss to MC to a win and a loss to UNH to a win (they were up in the unh game i think then lost it by giving up 2) and they went from 14 to 6.. Shows you what a loss here and there do..
    Problem is that would have changed the entire HEA playoffs.

That would have given UVM 29 pts and the #3 home ice seed. UNH would have fallen to 34 pts and the #2 seed. MC would have fallen to 24 pts, tied with Northeastern, and out of the HEA tourney on the H2H tiebreaker with the Huskies.

This would have made the tourney:

8 NU @ 1 BC
    7 UMA @ 2 UNH
    6 UML @ 3 UVM
    5 UMO @ 4 BU

That might have changed things a bit. UVM didn't fare so well against Lowell. UNH did well against UMass, although the latter were playing well at the end. Maine at BU instead of hosting? NU playing well at the end?

Leave a comment:

• Eaglefan06
    replied

I bet Red Cloud got the bracket 100% right.....right?

Leave a comment:

• IrishHockeyFan
    replied

The Joe looked a lot better from an attendance aspect last night as the place was crawling with Michigan fans who made a bit of a last minute decision to come out. I don't know about ticket sales at the other regionals but I do know for a fact that they were seriously lagging at the Notre Dame hosted Fort Wayne Midwest regional. Perhaps the committee remembered a Notre Dame 'home" game at Allen County that had 5000 or so Michigan fans a few years back and couldn't resist helping a little. I have to say I am really surprised at this. I've posted, NMU27 posted it just a bit ago, others who follow the bracketology far more closely than me have posted it, the committee hadn't really been doing this much engineering for crowd reasons in recent seasons and still claim their first concern is integrity of seeding. I just wonder if they are really hoping a hot Michigan team can somehow get to Detroit and that isn't their real concern, even moreso than empty seats in Fort Wayne that only people with ESPNU will see, and not the 100s of thousands who may tune in on April 10th.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
    I understand it, but it really will screw up the prognostications next year when people have no idea who they'll switch.

All #3 seeds are a 'band' though, right? Them being switched isn't too big of a surprise.
    I don't know if anyone ever gets the prognostications totally by the committee's picks. I did come close, but I really didn't think the committee would screw over Yale like that.

Leave a comment:

• kdaddy
    replied

I understand it, but it really will screw up the prognostications next year when people have no idea who they'll switch.

All #3 seeds are a 'band' though, right? Them being switched isn't too big of a surprise.
    And tied at 11th (a few of them at least) in the pwr.

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied

In a nutshell:
    All the committee did was move the number 3 seeds around for attendance. The 1 vs. 4 matchups stayed the same and the potential for 1-8,2-7,3-6 and 4-5 is intact. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• nmu_27
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Which makes the most sense if you disregard the fact that they hadn't cared about attendance for the past how many years.

Leave a comment:

• mcfarljd
    replied

Sean picks Wisconsin over Miami
    Barry picks Miami over Cornell
    Dont forget Bucci

Miami over Wisconsin

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

A cynic would speculate that the committee would find a reason to switch Yale and Michigan...
    A cynic would be correct

Leave a comment:

• nmu_27
    replied

Code:
    Albany			Worcester		Fort Wayne	St. Paul
    Denver			Boston College		Miami		Wisconsin
    Cornell			North Dakota		Bemidji State	St Cloud
    NMU			Michigan		Yale		UNH
    RIT			Alaska			Huntsville	UVM
    So they moved around all of #3 seeds.
    Which makes the most sense if you disregard the fact that they hadn't cared about attendance for the past how many years.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Code:
    Albany			Worcester		Fort Wayne	St. Paul
    Denver			Boston College		Miami		Wisconsin
    Cornell			North Dakota		Bemidji State	St Cloud
    NMU			Michigan		Yale		UNH
    RIT			Alaska			Huntsville	UVM
    So they moved around all of #3 seeds.

Leave a comment:

Working...