Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    Yes. Each group of four is considered a band and each member of each group is interchangeable (as long as they aren't hosting).
    Yes and no. If certain conditions such as intra-conference match-ups, or in this case attendence exist it is permissable as long as the bands stay in tact. If those situations do not exist no, 1 v. 16, 2 v. 15, etc. should remain in-tact.

As a Michigan Fan/Alumnus I really don't care where they go. Sure, this works out better for the fans that will be going to the Regional (I am unfortunately not), but Michigan travels well in general anyway.

Actually, these changes make even more sense when you look at what the brackets would have been like if they stayed firm in the seeding. The Northeastern region would have been unreal with BC, NoDak, and Michigan all in the same region. The other three regions would have paled in comparison.
    Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      How funny/awesome would it be if Huntsville beat both Miami and Michigan?
      As a Michigan fan Alabama-Huntsville taking those two teams out would blow, but I'm biased. After last year I do suddenly see that as a scary possibility though. However, don't forget about Bedmidji....

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        Refs will have Michigan's back.
        dggoddard will literally be on the Denver players' backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
          I freely admit my envy of Michigan. Constantly. Those 9 NCAA titles, the 5 goal outburst to whip us after we went up 3-0 in Worcester Regional in 1999, the Ortmeyer goal/comeback in 2002 in an Ann Arbor, and the fact we haven't played a regular season game against each other since 1981. Add in the great fight song, the good band, the creative fans and loud rink...

Count me in as envious. **** envious.
          As someone who was also very envious of Michigan BEFORE I went to school there I respect your comment and thank you for expressing your frustration. It feels good to be on top, but you've been there too. Denver is no slouch...

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
            I thought the goal was to prevent inter-conference match-ups. We could easily see a CCHA or CHA only final for the Ft. Wayne bracket.

That being said, GO BEAVERS!!!
            Silly northern fan intelligence is for Michigan fans.

The committee only cares about first-round INTRA-conference match-ups. If teams from the same conference face each-other in later rounds so be it.

Your envy is noted...

Comment

Working...
            X