Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    The DIY Rankings on TBRW are awesome. I switched the Brown-Yale result on Sunday and then, for the final weekend in Albany, I did exactly what you wanted: Cornell over Union, St. Lawrence over Yale, with Cornell winning the ECAC and Union winning the consolation game.

Yale's ranking in the Pairwise switched from 9 to 10 (they got switched with NMU).
    Wow..that's a fun tool. I changed just 2 UVM scores. A loss to MC to a win and a loss to UNH to a win (they were up in the unh game i think then lost it by giving up 2) and they went from 14 to 6.. Shows you what a loss here and there do..

Comment

I'm shocked that Michigan is in Fort Wayne.

Really.

Comment

Michigan gets moved to Ft. Wayne to help attendance. First wrinkle.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Maybe they felt like Miami couldn't carry attendence there?

Comment

How funny/awesome would it be if Huntsville beat both Miami and Michigan?
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by HuskySieve View Post
              Maybe they felt like Miami couldn't carry attendence there?
              Interesting as they brought a lot of people to DC.

Comment

So Yale is in Worcester? That's a brutal switch. Or does Yale go to St Paul and New Hampshire goes to Worcester....

Comment

I thought the goal was to prevent inter-conference match-ups. We could easily see a CCHA or CHA only final for the Ft. Wayne bracket.

That being said, GO BEAVERS!!!
                  Always a Wildcat...
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Can Yale go anywhere but
                    worcester now?
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                      I thought the goal was to prevent inter-conference match-ups. We could easily see a CCHA or CHA only final for the Ft. Wayne bracket.

That being said, GO BEAVERS!!!
                      They only care about intra-conference matchups in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                        Can Yale go anywhere but
                        worcester now?
                        With UNH in Albany, Yale will be in Worcester.

Comment

Can Yale go anywhere but
                          worcester now?
                          It's between them and NMU...given the concern over attendance, Yale in Worcester and Northern in St Paul makes the most sense.

Comment

Barry Melrose in the Ivy League, now that is priceless. good show so far
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Barry Melrose in the Ivy League, now that is priceless. good show so far
                              Somebody has to flunk out.
                              Cornell '82

"The first time I went to a Cornell game, I was in awe. I'm a big believer that sports fans should get out and see everything -- the Indy 500, the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby. I've seen all that, and there's nothing like Lynah Rink." - Carl McKee, father of Cornell Goalie, David McKee

Comment

St Paul

UW/UVM
                                SCSU/NMU

Worcester
                                BC/UAF
                                UND/Yale

Comment

Working...
                                X