Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bracketology and the PairWise Rankings II

The 3rd place game in the ECAC is irrelevant.

The 3rd place game in the WCHA can determine Wisconsin's seeding: Win or tie and they're #3, lose and they can fall to #4 or #5. If Denver wins, they are the #1 overall seed.

The 3rd place game in the CCHA means a great deal. If Wisconsin and Miami win, Miami is #1 overall. If Ferris wins they're in...they can even be a #2 seed. If Ferris loses then they are out if Michigan wins the CCHA. Otherwise, they're in - even if the other 2 autobids win.

Comment

Pig Fu$#er. Thanks for the analysis, Priceless. Just sucks (for a DU fan) that national #1 and #3 play in the banana heat. From what you said, if DU wins, then THE #1 seed shall be ours. If DU does win that game, I think DU will be placed out east either at Albany or Worceshire, correct? I'm thinking either SCSU or UND will be placed in St. Paul. Am I off my rocker?
      DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
      sigpic
      WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

• Re: thanks priceless

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
        thanks priceless
        alaska will be cheering on for all that to happen!!!!
        You can afford 2 autobids, but not three.

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
          Pig Fu$#er. Thanks for the analysis, Priceless. Just sucks (for a DU fan) that national #1 and #3 play in the banana heat. From what you said, if DU wins, then THE #1 seed shall be ours. If DU does win that game, I think DU will be placed out east either at Albany or Worceshire, correct? I'm thinking either SCSU or UND will be placed in St. Paul. Am I off my rocker?
          I was just looking at different scenarios and a #1 Denver seems bound for either Worcester or Albany, unless Cornell ends up in the #6 position and BC is a #1 seed. If those two things happen, BC is #1 in Worcester, Wisconsin #1 in Albany and Denver #1 in St. Paul.

Comment

With that, I'm going to bed. Anything else will have to wait 'til morning

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              I was just looking at different scenarios and a #1 Denver seems bound for either Worcester or Albany, unless Cornell ends up in the #6 position and BC is a #1 seed. If those two things happen, BC is #1 in Worcester, Wisconsin #1 in Albany and Denver #1 in St. Paul.
              hmmm. Interesting. Thanks for your effort! You rock!
              DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
              sigpic
              WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

With that, I'm going to bed. Anything else will have to wait 'til morning
                Sleep during the basketball games.

Comment

I was doing some playing last night, from a Cornell-centric point of view. Although there are possibilites I missed, my conclusions are:

Denver is #1, Miami is #2. I couldn't find any combinations to change that.
                  As stated by others, NoDak, SCSU, BC, and Wisco, will be 3 through 6. Any one of them can finish in any one of those four slots.

Cornell is still a bit volatile because our game with Union will be our 10th TUC game. If we win it, we win the PWR comparison with a bunch of schools below us (like UVM, UNH, UMass, and others). If we lose to Union, we lose those comparisons and drop a few slots.

If Cornell beats Union, Cornell will end up #7. We beat Bemidji and Yale on RPI, and win all those TUC comparisons with Hockey East. I couldn't find a combination which put us at any other position with a win. That means we end up in Ft. Wayne with Miami (unless the committee puts us east to help attendance, which I'm not really counting on). Ferris, Bemidji, Yale, NMU, and UNH, are fighting for 8 through 12.

If Cornell loses to Union, Bemidji is #7. Most likely Cornell will end up #10 if Ferris loses, #11 if Ferris wins. There is one scenario where Cornell ends up #12, but it requires a whole bunch of stars to align, including RIT losing in AHA.
                  Last edited by Hopkinja; 03-20-2010, 08:05 AM.
                  Cornell '82

"The first time I went to a Cornell game, I was in awe. I'm a big believer that sports fans should get out and see everything -- the Indy 500, the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby. I've seen all that, and there's nothing like Lynah Rink." - Carl McKee, father of Cornell Goalie, David McKee

Comment

Originally posted by Hopkinja View Post
                    Denver is #1, Miami is #2. I couldn't find any combinations to change that.
                    Denver loses/Miami wins...Miami is #1.

Comment

Denver loses/Miami wins...Miami is #1.
                      Really? That's what I get for doing this at 1 AM.

So...sorry Denver fans. I'm rooting for Bucky (until the basketball games starts Sunday).
                      Cornell '82

"The first time I went to a Cornell game, I was in awe. I'm a big believer that sports fans should get out and see everything -- the Indy 500, the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby. I've seen all that, and there's nothing like Lynah Rink." - Carl McKee, father of Cornell Goalie, David McKee

Comment

well this is what is needed for UNH to get in ,

either a Ferris loss , mich loss , or RIT loss and there in , but wait there is more , if none of that happens which could be the case ,( Mich is red hot , miami has nothing to play for , and RIT is a better team) if St cloud beats North D , than there in . But in the consolation game between denver and wis, denver needs to win . thats it in nutshell.

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                          well this is what is needed for UNH to get in ,

either a Ferris loss , mich loss , or RIT loss and there in , but wait there is more , if none of that happens which could be the case ,( Mich is red hot , miami has nothing to play for , and RIT is a better team) if St cloud beats North D , than there in . But in the consolation game between denver and wis, denver needs to win . thats it in nutshell.
                          Miami is still playing for the #1 overall seed. Plus, Rico Suave didn't look too happy last night...if I played for him, I'd want to get on his good side tonight.

Comment

Priceless:

Your work this week is most appreciated. Fans from around the country applaud your diligence, your thirst for accuracy and your speed. This is the medicine for us angst-ridden die-hards who need a real-time fix of "where are we going" and "who are we playing" and just can't wait for Sunday morning...

Stick salute...

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                              Priceless:

Your work this week is most appreciated. Fans from around the country applaud your diligence, your thirst for accuracy and your speed. This is the medicine for us angst-ridden die-hards who need a real-time fix of "where are we going" and "who are we playing" and just can't wait for Sunday morning...

Stick salute...
                              I'll second this. Now get crackin and find a way to get the Spartans in! j/k. Thanks again.
                              Anybody but Northern

Comment

Originally posted by scullyer View Post
                                I'll second this. Now get crackin and find a way to get the Spartans in! j/k. Thanks again.
                                Stick to hoops pal - Michigan put an emphatic end to that dream last week!

Comment

Working...
                                X