• Re: WCHA Final Five: Hello Empty Seats

Yeah, UND fans love to travel, and we do it pretty well thanks
    Application for Admission to the WCHA:
    http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
    Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
    Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
    Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
    All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

I figure with 8,000 Sioux fans in the house tomorrow night, the 30 Denver fans might be a little outnumbered. But then again, I think we may pick up another 10,000 fans from the Gophers, Bulldogs, Badgers, and Huskies who all may dislike UND more than Denver....

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
        I think my sister got one with her Barbie dream house.

As for the original premise of the thread, it looks like UND fills the house pretty well on the TV set. 15,200-some was tonight's total, and for a PIG that's not bad.
        You're welcome, but I think technically I'd be a Wayzata Trojan if you go by school districts. I'm hoping you've heard of a Trojan!

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
          I figure with 8,000 Sioux fans in the house tomorrow night, the 30 Denver fans might be a little outnumbered. But then again, I think we may pick up another 10,000 fans from the Gophers, Bulldogs, Badgers, and Huskies who all may dislike UND more than Denver....
          Maybe. But the Sioux will pick up support from the 30 CC fans in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
            If?

We don't care.

Hello Empty Seats!
            Looked full.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
              Looked full.
              Looks like that when the cameras avoid showing the upper deck as little as possible.

Still, 15,292 for the play-in game is pretty darn good. Only 2,319 short of the play-in game attendance last year between UMD and Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                Looks like that when the cameras avoid showing the upper deck as little as possible.

Still, 15,292 for the play-in game is pretty darn good. Only 2,319 short of the play-in game attendance last year between UMD and Minnesota.
                Probably beats the CCHA final.

Comment

Yeah, LOL, that will probably be the case. Sad as it may be. Sure wish I was there. But, I will be at the Frozen Four and I hope DU will be there as well. If so, they will win -- mainly because of me!
                  DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                  sigpic
                  WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
                    Yeah, UND fans love to travel, and we do it pretty well thanks
                    I am sure any chance to get the hell out of the god forsaken state is taken advantage of. and, it does a person good to at least look at a tree once a year.
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                      The X looked way more full than I was expecting for tonights game. Guess there won't be so many empty seats after all. Particularly now with 4 of the top 6 teams in the nation left in the tournament.
                      The upper deck sides (not the cheap seat ends) probably had a few hundred people on each side total, not each section...other than that the place was pretty full.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

WCHA is happy the Sue didn't lose last night. Then this thing would really have empty seats.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I think the disallowed goal was the backbreaker for the dogs last night
                          I'm a Minnesota sports fan. I have learned to live with disappointment

Comment

Heading to the Cities after a quick lunch with my brother. I'll be with a bunch of guys cuz most of my girl friends don't want to go to a hockey tourney. Oh well. If you're at the game (or around the area) I'll probably see ya without realizing it lol
                            Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                            http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                            Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                            Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                            Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                            All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              I am sure any chance to get the hell out of the god forsaken state is taken advantage of. and, it does a person good to at least look at a tree once a year.
                              Hey now...there are trees around the farm houses.
                              THE University of North Dakota FIGHTING SIOUX

National Championships:
                              1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000

WCHA Regular Season Championships:
                              1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Fan of:
                              University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Hockey
                              University of Oregon Ducks Football
                              San Francisco Giants
                              Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Its always been that way, always will. That's Ok though.....But I can't figure out why other fans from various teams don't like a team that actually plays hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X