• Re: WCHA Final Five: Hello Empty Seats

Originally posted by WIbadgerfanneenah View Post
    Minn
    Minn st
    St Cloud
    Duluth

and of course Bemidji state
    still not six teams
    "You can't let a kid come across the blue line that far unmolested" Lou Nanne commentating during the MN high school tournament

Losing to the Mavericks would be as pathetic as the sight of my MySpace page.....HFR

Comment

People that don't like it being in St. Paul can never offer a credible alternative or how that alternative would work as well or better than the current arrangement. The simple fact of the matter is no other city can top it - much less match it - in terms of location and guaranteed money/attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
        People that don't like it being in St. Paul can never offer a credible alternative or how that alternative would work as well or better than the current arrangement. The simple fact of the matter is no other city can top it - much less match it - in terms of location and guaranteed money/attendance.
        I think it offers unfair advantages to closer teams. The tournament should be permanently moved to Bratislava, Slovakia.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
          I think it offers unfair advantages to closer teams. The tournament should be permanently moved to Bratislava, Slovakia.
          Where's the love for Vladivostok?
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
            Cool, I could make it then! But actually Budapest would have more stuff to do around the arena.

Comment

Why do people care so much where it is located? You have 7 schools that travel well to St. Paul. I am sure most of the Bucky fans that come live here, but they still show up. If you move to other places you won't fill the building and then the schools won't make the money they all love. I have kids and I can tell you I wouldn't go if it was some place else, but do go every year even when my team doesn't make it. When it was in Wisconsin and the Badgers didn't make it nobody showed up.

Also, for all the people who complain about what a great advantage the Gophers have, it would be a even bigger advantage for them and Sconnie if it wasn't there. You know why? because they need the FF money far less than the other small programs do. The only legit complaint people have it is the Gophers always getting the night game. I think Gopher fans would fill the building even if they palyed an afternoon game.
              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Where's the love for Vladivostok?
                Too close to UAA.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Abroad View Post
                  Cool, I could make it then! But actually Budapest would have more stuff to do around the arena.
                  Downtown Beirut.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                    People who don't like it in St. Paul have, a) never been to it in St. Paul, and b) are suffering from some misguided notion that Minnesota has been afforded an advantage by having it played in St. Paul.

They don't realize that even though it's been played in St. Paul 17 times and Minneapolis twice, Minnesota has only managed to win the title 4 times there. Furthermore, they are 4-7 in the championship game, not exactly a stellar home ice advantage. Finally, the championship has been played elsewhere (Milwaukee) three times. Once Minnesota wasn't even in the tournament. The other two times they won it.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      People who don't like it in St. Paul have, a) never been to it in St. Paul, and b) are suffering from some misguided notion that Minnesota has been afforded an advantage by having it played in St. Paul.

They don't realize that even though it's been played in St. Paul 17 times and Minneapolis twice, Minnesota has only managed to win the title 4 times there. Furthermore, they are 4-7 in the championship game, not exactly a stellar home ice advantage. Finally, the championship has been played elsewhere (Milwaukee) three times. Once Minnesota wasn't even in the tournament. The other two times they won it.
                      I thought it was twice (though I can't be sure until tonight when I can look at my pin collection) What are the 3 years? I know 1994. I think 1992 (again, have to look at my pins).

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                        I thought it was twice (though I can't be sure until tonight when I can look at my pin collection) What are the 3 years? I know 1994. I think 1992 (again, have to look at my pins).
                        '98, I believe.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

'98, I believe.
                          Maybe 94, 96, and 98 then. I'll look tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                            Maybe 94, 96, and 98 then. I'll look tonight.
                            That is correct.

Comment

Finally, the championship has been played elsewhere (Milwaukee) three times. Once Minnesota wasn't even in the tournament. The other two times they won it.
                              Maybe we should move it back to Milwaukee then.

Comment

Just shows how pathetic the Gophers are. They can't even capitalize on having the home ice advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X