WCHA Final Five: Hello Empty Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Final Five: Hello Empty Seats

Every WCHA fan owes a debt of gratitude to the University of Minnesota hockey fans, who every year, fund the majority of the WCHA tournament with their eyeballs (on TV) and wallets (ticket sales), which in turn, funds the league and the schools in it.

As a Denver fan, the WCHA tournament should always belong in the Twin Cities, as that the geographic center of the league and it's media hub. Even though most Pioneer fans will never get to see it, there is no solid business case for moving it. Nowhere else will the tourney draw spectator numbers as it does in St. Paul.

Here endeth the lesson.

Comment

University of Minnesota hockey fans can lick my arse.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        University of Minnesota hockey fans can lick my arse.
        Well put Dirty. No disrespect to Swami, but I dont agree with the tourney being held in St. Paul every year. Granted, it is a good venue in a good setting, but it does seem to favor certain teams and their fan bases. That is all I have.

stev

Comment

Originally posted by toehimp View Post
          Well put Dirty. No disrespect to Swami, but I dont agree with the tourney being held in St. Paul every year. Granted, it is a good venue in a good setting, but it does seem to favor certain teams and their fan bases. That is all I have.

stev
          There's no way to avoid that or kill the great tournament that it is. This thread is spinning its wheels.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
            Every WCHA fan owes a debt of gratitude to the University of Minnesota hockey fans, who every year, fund the majority of the WCHA tournament with their eyeballs (on TV) and wallets (ticket sales), which in turn, funds the league and the schools in it.

As a Denver fan, the WCHA tournament should always belong in the Twin Cities, as that the geographic center of the league and it's media hub. Even though most Pioneer fans will never get to see it, there is no solid business case for moving it. Nowhere else will the tourney draw spectator numbers as it does in St. Paul.

Here endeth the lesson.
            and then we have fans who continue to argue against having it in St. Paul.

It is about the money. Pure and simple nothing else matters.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

Here endeth the lesson.
              Knowledge, meet ignorance:

Originally posted by toehimp View Post

stev
              Good venue, good setting, and it makes money...hmmm, YEAH LET'S CHANGE IT!

Wow.

I have attended the F5 for the last 7 years or so, even the non-Gopher games. If the F5 was in Omaha, Grand Forks, WI, Denver, etc, I probably wouldn't have done that. Maybe once every other or 3rd year, but not every year. The X is geographically the center of the league, the monetary center of the league, and the most lively (for non-game activities) for the league (arguably on that one, compared to Madison and Denver, I will admit).

It ain't moving, nor should it move.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Knowledge, meet ignorance:
                Be nice to the Iron Ranger
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  Be nice to the Iron Ranger
                  Shuddup, Ginger Boy.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Shuddup, Ginger Boy.
                    I'm blond
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      I'm blond
                      Captain Forklift could still beat ya like a redheaded step-child anyways.
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Imagine an all-Minnesota F5. Good Lord. Even I would probably avoid it.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          Imagine an all-Minnesota F5. Good Lord. Even I would probably avoid it.
                          Too bad they're aren't enough Minnesota teams...but hey, who's counting?
                          Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-16-2010, 09:16 AM.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            Too bad they're aren't enough Minnesota team...but hey, who's counting?
                            You aren't, obviously.

Minnesota, St. Cloud, Mankato, Duluth, Bemidji.

Wait, they switch it up to a stupid format next season. Lame.

Comment

Minn
                              Minn st
                              St Cloud
                              Duluth

and of course Bemidji state

Comment

Originally posted by WIbadgerfanneenah View Post
                                Minn
                                Minn st
                                St Cloud
                                Duluth

and of course Bemidji state
                                Yeah, but I forgot that six teams will be in the F5 from now on. They are keeping the name because there will still more than likely be only 5 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X