X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Final Five: Hello Empty Seats

Originally posted by Yager View Post
    Lies! Western = Alaska, baby, yeah!!
    Vegas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alaska

And I have no problem with Alaska...Vegas is just that awesome.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
      Who brought up Omaha? Do people there even know what hockey is? It's too boring of a state to have anything this awesome held there. (This coming from someone who lives in ND )
      I've heard their steaks are good. Maybe that could be substituted for the Broadmoor. The Final Five winner now receives a case of Omaha steaks.

Or conversely, we could just uphold the status quo and keep it in St. Paul which is held in an AWESOME hockey facility with a ton of things to do within walking distance (beer tailgating, checking out Twin Cities skanks at Tom Reids, the Woodfire Grill place with awesome food, having 3 inches between yourself and the next person at McGovern's).

How about this? Each arena could just alternate hosting, and the WCHA could lose a fortune. I'd love for it to be at tDECC, but frankly even 7000 seats ain't cutting it.
      Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
        18,500 isn't big? Plus, someone before said it isn't the size it's the location.
        Only the 23rd largest rink of 30

But my point wasn't that it is too small, it isn't. I just expect a smaller rink to be more intimate than it is. There are way too many seats too far away for the size of the rink so it isn't that great for atmosphere IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
          I've heard their steaks are good. Maybe that could be substituted for the Broadmoor. The Final Five winner now receives a case of Omaha steaks.
          Does that mean that instead of Red Baron pizza being handed out next to the arena they will hand out perfectly cooked Omaha filet mignons?

How about this? Each arena could just alternate hosting, and the WCHA could lose a fortune. I'd love for it to be at tDECC, but frankly even 7000 seats ain't cutting it.
          Only if Tech gets to host first!!!

Comment

Only the 23rd largest rink of 30

But my point wasn't that it is too small, it isn't. I just expect a smaller rink to be more intimate than it is. There are way too many seats too far away for the size of the rink so it isn't that great for atmosphere IMO.
            My seats are usually on the end, maybe 5 rows from the top, and I love them.

As for atmosphere, if the game warrants it, it's there. I haven't been to a more intense game with unreal atmosphere than the UND-MN F5 title game a couple years ago. Yes, that's a dream scenario, but when a game is good, the crowd is electric.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              This discussion again? God this place sucks.
              Just think if the Gophers would have made the tourney and won a game or two..... the threads about it being an unfair advantage, why is it always there, blah blah blah would have been staggering.
              Originally posted by CavalryNate
              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                You might be the first person I've ever known to say all that.
                He's used to the **** hole that is Joe Louis, he doesn't know what nice things are.

I've definitely been at the X when the atmosphere has been awesome, so that argument is pretty stupid. Luckily, the final 5 isn't going to be moved anywhere, because the people that make the decisions are smarter than the people on here that think it should be moved.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Luckily, the final 5 isn't going to be moved anywhere, because the people that make the decisions are smarter than the people on here that think it should be moved.
                  Unless another facility/city want to try to outbid St. Paul and the X, it's going to stay here. The bottom line is no other WCHA city has a facility that can compete with the X except Denver. Unfortunately for them, they aren't centrally located - only DU and CC are close. UNO is the next closest program - about 7 hours away. Everyone else would have to fly.

St. Paul is about as centrally located as you can get for this league. Only DU, CC, and UAA fans would be flying to get here. It's driveable for every other team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                    UNO is the next closest program - about 7 hours away. Everyone else would have to fly.
                    Except Tech, they are always playing at home that weekend... with themselves.

Comment

Except Tech, they are always playing at home that weekend... with themselves.
                      Speak for yourself, I've watched Tech play at the X.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

As have I.
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Haha, I was there but I am pretty sure Tech wasn't. It was Wisconsin 4 - Bye Play-In Game 0

Comment

Haha, I was there but I am pretty sure Tech wasn't. It was Wisconsin 4 - Bye Play-In Game 0
                            That sounds exactly like the Tech that I'm used to watching.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Lotta empty seats for that game
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Or conversely, we could just uphold the status quo and keep it in St. Paul which is held in an AWESOME hockey facility with a ton of things to do within walking distance (beer tailgating, checking out Twin Cities skanks at Tom Reids, the Woodfire Grill place with awesome food, having 3 inches between yourself and the next person at McGovern's).

So, you were aroused?.
                                Last edited by badgerhawk; 03-15-2010, 11:09 PM.
                                If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Working...
                                X