• Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Final Five: Hello Empty Seats

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    Let's put it this way...

Even I would not have sex with her.
    Come on now, yes you would.

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    and that is different from any other year? every trip i've made to the final five, there has been tickets available from scalpers for under face value. just because the gophers aren't there, doesn't mean there will only be 5 fans in the arena. it's not the ccha.

get over yourself and realize that while the gophers do have a lot of fans, so do the teams making it to the final five. the big difference between MN fans and other teams is that most teams will still have a solid contingent even if their team isn't there. The fact that you think it's going to be empty based solely on the fact that minnesota isn't there, shows that MN fans are fair-weather and could care less about some great college hockey unless the gophers are playing.

no, it won't be a sellout, but it's not going to be empty. if gopher fans weren't such crappy college hockey fans, this wouldn't be an issue. then again, if the gophers weren't such a crappy college hockey team, it wouldn't be an issue either.
    ZING!
    SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      The one downside of the Gophers not being around is that I don't think anyone will swear at me or want to fight me. Very sad.
      You're selling yourself short.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

The one downside of the Gophers not being around is that I don't think anyone will swear at me or want to fight me. Very sad.
        LOL.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
          and that is different from any other year? every trip i've made to the final five, there has been tickets available from scalpers for under face value. just because the gophers aren't there, doesn't mean there will only be 5 fans in the arena. it's not the ccha.

get over yourself and realize that while the gophers do have a lot of fans, so do the teams making it to the final five. the big difference between MN fans and other teams is that most teams will still have a solid contingent even if their team isn't there. The fact that you think it's going to be empty based solely on the fact that minnesota isn't there, shows that MN fans are fair-weather and could care less about some great college hockey unless the gophers are playing.

no, it won't be a sellout, but it's not going to be empty. if gopher fans weren't such crappy college hockey fans, this wouldn't be an issue. then again, if the gophers weren't such a crappy college hockey team, it wouldn't be an issue either.
          Way to overreact. If MN is in the F5, it's a crapshoot, because of who they may face. I've never paid over face for tix, only have scalped for the past 4 years or so. Granted, I have a source, but still. The only game where I really felt bad about underpaying was the UND-MN title game a couple years ago. ONLY because it was those two teams, was the reason the price was so high.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Let's put it this way...

LIAR!!!!!
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Way to overreact. If MN is in the F5, it's a crapshoot, because of who they may face. I've never paid over face for tix, only have scalped for the past 4 years or so. Granted, I have a source, but still. The only game where I really felt bad about underpaying was the UND-MN title game a couple years ago. ONLY because it was those two teams, was the reason the price was so high.
              Well said.
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

You're selling yourself short.
                I'd fight you, but I don't want you to break a nail.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Please. If I want to be slapped by a frail little dork, I'll talk to a chick at McGovern's.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

[QUOTE=Husky4Life;4697529]Come on now, yes you would.

If you won't Scott Owens will. I just hope she doesn't expect much. It might start out great only to end with great disappointment.

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS

Comment

I am wondering if I am going to have 2 empty seats next to our group this year covered with plastic bags. Last year an intoxicated Sioux fan lost their cookies on Smirnoff Light and tried vomiting into a Dasani bottle.
                      "You can't let a kid come across the blue line that far unmolested" Lou Nanne commentating during the MN high school tournament

Losing to the Mavericks would be as pathetic as the sight of my MySpace page.....HFR

Comment

So any word on if Minnesota is replacing Tech as Official Band of the Final Five?
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

So any word on if Minnesota is replacing Tech as Official Band of the Final Five?
                          I mean with the "decrease" in ticket sales, I am sure they are going to want to save money anywhere they can...
                          "You can't let a kid come across the blue line that far unmolested" Lou Nanne commentating during the MN high school tournament

Losing to the Mavericks would be as pathetic as the sight of my MySpace page.....HFR

Comment

Let's put it this way...

Well, we know this is a lie.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

No, they're looking at some Coloradan to front a funk band.

HIRE SCOTTY OWENS
                              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Just did a quick search and found 5 game packages:

6 seats together in Section 112, Row 10

12 seats together in section 110, Row 16

Comment

Working...
                                X