• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4four4
    replied
    Re: WCHA Final Five: Hello Empty Seats

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
    That settles it. Problem solved.
    Move the tournament to North Dakota and no more empty seats.
    Since, you live in Southern California I will never be able to take you seriously. Thanks beach boy.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalSiouxFan
    replied

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
    FINAL FIVE FACT: UND's streak of eight consecutive Final Five appearances is the league's longest active streak.
    That settles it. Problem solved.
    Move the tournament to North Dakota and no more empty seats.

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

Originally posted by Yager View Post
    Consecutive means in a row if that is what you are confused on.
    If?

We don't care.

Hello Empty Seats!

Leave a comment:

• Yager
    replied

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Consecutive means in a row if that is what you are confused on.

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
    FINAL FIVE FACT: UND's streak of eight consecutive Final Five appearances is the league's longest active streak.

Leave a comment:

• SiouxTechie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    I think Gopher fans would fill the building even if they palyed an afternoon game.
    Correct.

In order for the WCHA to make more television money they need the Gophers to play the night.

Leave a comment:

• RedFreak
    replied

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    That is correct.
    Looked at my Final Five pin collection. You were correct: Milwaukee in 94, 96, and 98.

Leave a comment:

• nuke
    replied

People who don't like it in St. Paul have, a) never been to it in St. Paul, and b) are suffering from some misguided notion that Minnesota has been afforded an advantage by having it played in St. Paul.

They don't realize that even though it's been played in St. Paul 17 times and Minneapolis twice, Minnesota has only managed to win the title 4 times there. Furthermore, they are 4-7 in the championship game, not exactly a stellar home ice advantage. Finally, the championship has been played elsewhere (Milwaukee) three times. Once Minnesota wasn't even in the tournament. The other two times they won it.
    Just shows how pathetic the Gophers are. They can't even capitalize on having the home ice advantage.

Leave a comment:

• Bakunin
    replied

Finally, the championship has been played elsewhere (Milwaukee) three times. Once Minnesota wasn't even in the tournament. The other two times they won it.
    Maybe we should move it back to Milwaukee then.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
    Maybe 94, 96, and 98 then. I'll look tonight.
    That is correct.

Leave a comment:

• RedFreak
    replied

'98, I believe.
    Maybe 94, 96, and 98 then. I'll look tonight.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
    I thought it was twice (though I can't be sure until tonight when I can look at my pin collection) What are the 3 years? I know 1994. I think 1992 (again, have to look at my pins).
    '98, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• RedFreak
    replied

People who don't like it in St. Paul have, a) never been to it in St. Paul, and b) are suffering from some misguided notion that Minnesota has been afforded an advantage by having it played in St. Paul.

They don't realize that even though it's been played in St. Paul 17 times and Minneapolis twice, Minnesota has only managed to win the title 4 times there. Furthermore, they are 4-7 in the championship game, not exactly a stellar home ice advantage. Finally, the championship has been played elsewhere (Milwaukee) three times. Once Minnesota wasn't even in the tournament. The other two times they won it.
    I thought it was twice (though I can't be sure until tonight when I can look at my pin collection) What are the 3 years? I know 1994. I think 1992 (again, have to look at my pins).

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    People that don't like it being in St. Paul can never offer a credible alternative or how that alternative would work as well or better than the current arrangement. The simple fact of the matter is no other city can top it - much less match it - in terms of location and guaranteed money/attendance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X