Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Final Five: Hello Empty Seats

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
    How has attendance been without the Gophers? Still well attended or no?
    From the Minneapolis Star And Tribune

• Attendance at the championship game was announced as 16,414, bringing the three-day Final Five total to 71,533. That was the lowest total since 2001 when the tournament drew 67,612. It had more than 80,000 fans the past four years.

So down around 10k from the last 4 years...about 12% or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbit View Post

• Attendance at the championship game was announced as 16,414, bringing the three-day Final Five total to 71,533. That was the lowest total since 2001 when the tournament drew 67,612. It had more than 80,000 fans the past four years.

All in all a great turnout. It appeared that only the cheapest seats weren't filled so not quite the disaster expected.

The Tournament should receive some sort of a "bump" next season by getting rid of the Third Place game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbit View Post

That is probably 70,000 more than the CCHA Championship playoffs at the Joe
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
          All in all a great turnout. It appeared that only the cheapest seats weren't filled so not quite the disaster expected.

The Tournament should receive some sort of a "bump" next season by getting rid of the Third Place game.
          Uhm, actually the cheap seats were sold...every seat at the X was the same price except for the upper deck ends. The upper deck sides probably had 100-200 fans total at every game except the championship.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Just curious, if UND actually plays hockey, what do the other teams do?
            Go golfing.

Originally posted by nuke View Post
            It ceases to amaze me how clueless people are. Any time anyone anounces attendance figures it is SOLD tickets. Figure it out finally. Plus, it's all that really matters. That's where the money comes from.
            Not neccesarily. Let's say we're talking about the X. If you sell 17,000 tickets but only 5,000 people show up (let's say it's a DU/CC game haha) then I would say that yes it does matter if people show up or not. It makes a big difference with atmosphere.
            Application for Admission to the WCHA:
            http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
            Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
            Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
            Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
            All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by baalbrec View Post
              The only highlight of Friday was running into someone on the sidewalk after the Badger game with "Shirtless Guy" on his tech jersey, who turned out to ineeded be THE Shirtless Guy.
              Hah, glad to have made your day!
              Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
              Dear god, this was a highlight?
              Seriously? You doubt my ability to a highlight of someone's day?
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by baalbrec View Post
                I also don't undertand why everyone who paid for the cheap seats on the end hasn't just moved around to the sides for a free in game upgrade. The only really full rows on the upper level sides have been when a row win the Kelloggs prize pack and everyone races over there to get in on the action.
                Yeah, it was weird to see the upper ends about 50% full while the upper sides were deserted.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                  Yeah, it was weird to see the upper ends about 50% full while the upper sides were deserted.
                  I prefer the view from upper level end than upper level sides. Don't really know why, but I've sat in both at the X, and if given the choice I'd sit on the end.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                  X