• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigblue_dl
    replied
    Re: WCHA Final Five: Hello Empty Seats

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    People need to lay off the plus-size cheerleader. It takes a lot of courage for that gal to be a cheerleader and NOT result to bulimia like the rest of them. She looks fine.
    Besides, she has to do something to keep in shape for shot putting season.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

As of right now I am going to the Fri afternoon game only. Trying to arrange sitters for more than that, but plan on hitting at least a portion of Rube gatherings that day.

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    Please. If I want to be slapped by a frail little dork, I'll talk to a chick at McGovern's.
    1. No you won't.
    2. I wouldn't slap you, I would punch you.

People need to lay off the plus-size cheerleader. It takes a lot of courage for that gal to be a cheerleader and NOT result to bulimia like the rest of them. She looks fine.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Stop it. You'll never convince the mindless automatons.
    Good point.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    The reason the Final 5 is in St. Paul is because that is where it makes the most money, for every member school. Not because Minnesota is hosting it. Every school makes the same amount of money off of the tourney, so if it were held at the DECC, for example, thats something like 13,000 less tickets to sell for every game. Kiss those 6-digit checks from the league goodbye.
    Stop it. You'll never convince the mindless automatons.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by flyund View Post
    Omaha great building easy to get to straight down 29
    Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
    Yes it would be profitable for Bemidji/Duluth/Mankato/Colorado Springs/Anchorage/Omaha/Houghton/ or St. Cloud, not so much for the Gophers because their team would actually have to be in the tournament to win it.
    The reason the Final 5 is in St. Paul is because that is where it makes the most money, for every member school. Not because Minnesota is hosting it. Every school makes the same amount of money off of the tourney, so if it were held at the DECC, for example, thats something like 13,000 less tickets to sell for every game. Kiss those 6-digit checks from the league goodbye.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Great idea, it would be very profitable to hold the final 5 in Bemidji/Duluth/Mankato/Colorado Springs/Anchorage/Omaha/Houghton/St. Cloud.
    MTU could always borrow NMU's Superior Dome, put a temparary rink in there and host the Final Five in Marquette.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalSiouxFan
    replied

Great idea, it would be very profitable to hold the final 5 in Bemidji/Duluth/Mankato/Colorado Springs/Anchorage/Omaha/Houghton/St. Cloud.
    Yes it would be profitable for Bemidji/Duluth/Mankato/Colorado Springs/Anchorage/Omaha/Houghton/ or St. Cloud, not so much for the Gophers because their team would actually have to be in the tournament to win it.

Leave a comment:

• flyund
    replied

Omaha great building easy to get to straight down 29

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
    The WCHA final 5 is somewhat meaningless for teams headed to the NCAA tourney. Also the WCHA regular season champion gets the best hardware.

Should consider putting something in the kitty to raise the stakes so all teams participating have something meaningful to play for. If teams played for the right to host the tourney next year then that would be something meaningful to play for. To the victor should go the spoils of victory.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalSiouxFan
    replied

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
    can't they just move this tournament to Chicago and force the gopher fans to travel like everyone else...

anybody hear anything about how the playoffs and final 5 is going to work next year with 12 teams in the league
    The WCHA final 5 is somewhat meaningless for teams headed to the NCAA tourney. Also the WCHA regular season champion gets the best hardware.

Should consider putting something in the kitty to raise the stakes so all teams participating have something meaningful to play for. If teams played for the right to host the tourney next year then that would be something meaningful to play for. To the victor should go the spoils of victory.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

So, who's going to be the clowns that will go thru the arena to put flyers of Gopher fans on all the empty seats??

Leave a comment:

• uwbadgers14
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    First round stays the same.

The final five will have two quarter final games on Thurs., two semi-finals on Friday, and a championship on Sat. night.

The 3rd place game will be scrapped.

Thus still the Final Five cause there is 5 games.
    hmmmm 6 teams in the final 5... hahaha

Leave a comment:

• MN Pond Hockey
    replied

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    Empty seats? Does this mean that gopher fans aren't really hockey fans? That they're just gopher fans who only care about gophers and not about the game? Does this mean that the empty seats would have been occupied by gopher fans? (I heard they didn't make the tourney)
    I am saving my money for the second round of NCAA games this year when St. Cloud plays.

Leave a comment:

• GreatLakerMohawk
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    The one downside of the Gophers not being around is that I don't think anyone will swear at me or want to fight me. Very sad.
    Don't worry, I'll swear at you plenty.

Are you saying that she is a dude?
    I think he's saying that he only gets with women whose age can't be higher than their dress size.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X