Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont vs. Boston College - HEA Semifinals - 3/19 TD Garden

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
    Dirty goalie hahahaha you Cats are funny. Obviously none of you have played hockey. Grabing a guys leg and tripping him is probably the least dirty thing I have ever seen a goalie do.
    Most blatant trip I have seen in a long time. Let me hug your legs, OK? He didn't even get called for that- he got called for hitting after the whistle if I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      He won a championship on Saturday. More than every UVM goalie has won combined. HA! What a joke of a program.
      A joke of a program that still made the NCAA tournament without more or less half of their offensive production? (Milo and Stacey) I'd like to see BC do that without their two best scorers. I sure as hell know one thing: no way Muse would be able to get his team through the quarterfinals like Madore did without any offense. Not only is Muse a cheap and dirty player, but an overrated subpar goalie (at best).

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
        A joke of a program that still made the NCAA tournament without more or less half of their offensive production? (Milo and Stacey) I'd like to see BC do that without their two best scorers. I sure as hell know one thing: no way Muse would be able to get his team through the quarterfinals like Madore did without any offense. Not only is Muse a cheap and dirty player, but an overrated subpar goalie (at best).
        and 13-1 in the post season

Comment

Not only is Muse a cheap and dirty player, but an overrated subpar goalie (at best).
          He's 13-1 in the playoffs and it took him 1 year to do many things that your program has never done. Overrated? HA! Pass the weed this way hippie
          Last edited by btg1204; 03-25-2010, 10:32 AM.

Comment

an overrated subpar goalie (at best).
            Regardless of your opinion on Muse being dirty, this is just flat out wrong. The numbers Muse has put up over his career show this not to be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
              BC won, Muse was not the reason they won but the reason they almost lost.
              He won. That's the point. I guess like jcarter you'd rather look good and lose? He's lost 1 career game in the postseason. I know, I know, it's an amazing coincidence!!!! You and jcarter must be quite a couple! Heck, Muse won more hardware on Saturday than UVM has in their entire history of postseason play. Woohooo. UVM rules. His career winnings put your entire program's history to shame. I know, you're not a joke of a program or anything (we'll all try not to laugh at you)

A joke of a program that made the tourney without 3 of its top forwards.
              Try kicking off an AA defenseman off your team and winning a national title. You guys putting that asterisk on the banner you're going to raise for making the NCAA tourney (what is this, UVM's 4th trip ever?)?

The last three years Vermont has made the HE final 4, made the NCAA final four and this year the HE final four and the NCAA tourney.
              RAISE A BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!! HE final 4? That gets you hippies exited? That's expected for programs like BC, Maine, BU, UNH.

The last 2 years BC and Vermont are 3-3-1 so if we are a joke than what s that say about BC?
              The last two years BC has more hardware than UVM has won and ever will win. We're laughing WITH you, not AT you!!!!

Maybe we should create a thread for UVM fans to argue with UML fans about who sucks less (UML is the answer, for the record).
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I sure as hell know one thing: no way Muse would be able to get his team through the quarterfinals like Madore did without any offense.
                Who cares about offense... The guy steps up. You must have missed Muse singlehandedly beating Miami in 2008 for a trip to Denver. You guys think college hockey was invented in 2009, though. So I'm not surprised.

He didn't need much offense to beat UVM on Friday.

Oh I know, you guys were missing your top 3 scorers. I've heard that twice already in the last ten posts.
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  and 13-1 in the post season
                  That record will keep going up if he gets a few more cracks at Vermont in the next year!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Most blatant trip I have seen in a long time. Let me hug your legs, OK? He didn't even get called for that- he got called for hitting after the whistle if I recall.
                    Since when is tripping dirty? Its illegal, but far from dirty.

Sounds like some people are jealous that Muse>>>Madore.
                    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      He won. That's the point. I guess like jcarter you'd rather look good and lose? He's lost 1 career game in the postseason. I know, I know, it's an amazing coincidence!!!! You and jcarter must be quite a couple! Heck, Muse won more hardware on Saturday than UVM has in their entire history of postseason play. Woohooo. UVM rules. His career winnings put your entire program's history to shame. I know, you're not a joke of a program or anything (we'll all try not to laugh at you)

Try kicking off an AA defenseman off your team and winning a national title. You guys putting that asterisk on the banner you're going to raise for making the NCAA tourney (what is this, UVM's 4th trip ever?)?

RAISE A BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!! HE final 4? That gets you hippies exited? That's expected for programs like BC, Maine, BU, UNH.

The last two years BC has more hardware than UVM has won and ever will win. We're laughing WITH you, not AT you!!!!

Maybe we should create a thread for UVM fans to argue with UML fans about who sucks less (UML is the answer, for the record).
                      Well I'm laughing AT them.
                      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

BC won, Muse was not the reason they won but the reason they almost lost.

A joke of a program that made the tourney without 3 of its top forwards.

The last three years Vermont has made the HE final 4, made the NCAA final four and this year the HE final four and the NCAA tourney. If thats a joke than the jokes on you because are classes are getting better each year and the gap is closing and you can make all the dumb jokes you want but you know its true. The last 2 years BC and Vermont are 3-3-1 so if we are a joke than what s that say about BC?
                        Yeah, it had nothing to do with the Forwards and Defensemen turning the puck over like it was their job.

Get over dude. Muse>>>>>>UVM

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Normally, I root for the Hockey East teams in the NCAAs. That being said, I look forward to Wisconsin putting UVM in the ditch this weekend. Ive never seen a fanbase talk so much about a team that has done so little. I wonder if the Iraqi Information Minister got his undergrad in Burlington, VT.

Comment

I suppose the goods for UVM is that BC fans wouldn't be lavishing this much attention on them if they weren't improving.

The bad news is that BC is still a better program and breaking into the Top Four on a consistent basis is next to impossible.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                              I wonder if the Iraqi Information Minister got his undergrad in Burlington, VT.
                              I always assumed it was BU.

Ok ok too easy I know...

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Most blatant trip I have seen in a long time. Let me hug your legs, OK?
                                I don't see anyone on here saying it wasn't a trip. That doesn't make a "blatant trip" dirty.

I'd like to see BC do that without their two best scorers. I sure as hell know one thing: no way Muse would be able to get his team through the quarterfinals like Madore did without any offense.
                                LOL at all of this. Obviously any team would suffer from not having their two best scorers. The difference is BC has the best set of 12 forwards in the East.

Mental Midge, as everyone has already pointed out to you what John Muse has done in the postseason, I just checked the stats for this season. Muse has better numbers. Also, does anyone know if John Muse has ever shutout UNH in the playoffs? Oh yeah, that was last year in the Quarterfinals at the Whittemore Center. Muse didn't have the chance for a second shutout in game three because he didn't give up a touchdown in a game one loss like Madore did.

Comment

Working...
                                X