Vermont vs. Boston College - HEA Semifinals - 3/19 TD Garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont vs. Boston College - HEA Semifinals - 3/19 TD Garden

Well, the score wasn't 6-2, but it certainly wasn't a game. UVM had no sustained pressure and BC dominated the play all night.

How are those November games treating you? At least UVM took the regular season series against BC, right?

Watch out for BC, as they are getting production from everywhere. Bring on the Black Bears.

Comment

Nice to see that BC once again won in March over UVM. It's an amazing coincidence... AGAIN! Right jcarter?
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Great game BC. I hope you guys get placed in Worcester.

Comment

Does UVM still get to raise a season series champion banner?
          BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
          -
          Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
            Can the guy from Inside Hockey interview Downing and ask him how that blocker to the face felt please? Thanks.
            fwiw, not sure what the rule in college is, but in the nhl, if a goalie is deemed to have punched a player in the head or face with his blocker it is a match penalty

not trying to stir the pot, just making the rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
              Dirty goalie hahahaha you Cats are funny. Obviously none of you have played hockey. Grabing a guys leg and tripping him is probably the least dirty thing I have ever seen a goalie do.
              exactly... stupid on muse's part, and i don't blame downing for going back at him, given the game was in the bag at that point, but a trip is the least of what goalies do when your camped out in front... between the slashes to the back of the legs, the stick up between the legs, etc., a mere trip is really not all that dirty...

Comment

Even if the goalie trips you, you don't go after him like that.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Even if the goalie trips you, you don't go after him like that.
                  Sure just let him get away with it. A goalie has nothing to lose getting in a fight because he knows he not only will be protected by his team but he's wearing twice the padding as everyone else. No real danger here.
                  New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                    Does UVM still get to raise a season series champion banner?
                    Of course, we still won the season series, didn't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                      Sure just let him get away with it. A goalie has nothing to lose getting in a fight because he knows he not only will be protected by his team but he's wearing twice the padding as everyone else. No real danger here.
                      Muse wasn't expecting a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Muse wasn't expecting a fight.
                        What is he the King of England "I can do whatever I want and will fear no penalty"

Downing must have got some good shots in as Muse was so full of holes on Saturday.

Comment

Downing must have got some good shots in as Muse was so full of holes on Saturday.
                          He won a championship on Saturday. More than every UVM goalie has won combined. HA! What a joke of a program.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

What is he the King of England "I can do whatever I want and will fear no penalty"
                            Huh? Muse did something worthy of a penalty. IMO, Downing overreacted due to frustration and the fact that it didn't appear a penalty was being called. I've seen goalies do stuff like that before, but Downing's response was unique.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              He won a championship on Saturday. More than every UVM goalie has won combined. HA! What a joke of a program.
                              BC won, Muse was not the reason they won but the reason they almost lost.

A joke of a program that made the tourney without 3 of its top forwards.

The last three years Vermont has made the HE final 4, made the NCAA final four and this year the HE final four and the NCAA tourney. If thats a joke than the jokes on you because are classes are getting better each year and the gap is closing and you can make all the dumb jokes you want but you know its true. The last 2 years BC and Vermont are 3-3-1 so if we are a joke than what s that say about BC?

Comment

the thread that won't die......

Comment

Working...
                                X