Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont vs. Boston College - HEA Semifinals - 3/19 TD Garden

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
    I hear jcarter will be in Buffalo... he's a big bouncyball fan.
    Nope no Buffalo either. I hate bball. I think it's great that UVM is in the NCAA tourney, but I wouldn't go if tickets were given to me. I may check in on the TV to see how the game is going but that's the extent of it.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
      1. UVM is also a VERY different team.
      You are correct. They were picked preseason #4 in Hockey East and are now just an 8th place team who snuck by a perennial playoff choker. Congrats.

3. UVM has also "come through in big games". Arguably more big games than BC.(UVM has just lost some BAD games too).
      What does this even mean? It's safe to say when you're 23-10-3, you've won more big games than a team that's 17-13-7.

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
      No, I will not be there, my weekend with my kids.
      Are you saying you're divorced? If so, I'm certainly not surprised.
      Last edited by J.D.; 03-18-2010, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        You are correct. They were picked preseason #4 in Hockey East and are now just an 8th place team who snuck by a perennial playoff choker. Congrats.

What does this even mean? It's safe to see when you're 23-10-3, you've won more big games than a team that's 17-13-7.

1) Well now we are between #1-4? I like being in the semi-finals of the Hockey East playoffs better than being #4 in the preseason poll... 3)Note I said arguably. Thanks for the argument part. What I am saying is that we have also won some big games, maybe more "big" games than BC, depends what your definition of a big game is. We are not 14th in the pairwise for nothing. I think it is because although we have lost some games we have won some "big" games. I am not doubting that BC has been more consistent in winning games. (I can explain more if necessary).

I wouldn't be surprised about a divorce either considering the divorce rate in America is now above 51%. So, I would actually be expecting it. Are you single? I wouldn't be surprised...

Comment

Are you single? I wouldn't be surprised...
          No, I'm not. You'll now be known as the recycler.

Comment

I like recycling. Everyone should do their part.

And I am humbled nay honored to be named by you noble sir.

Comment

Also, if by "recycler" you mean I "recycle" "your" phrases. I think a better term would be mocking. Is it really that hard to comprehend mocking someone via internet?

Comment

I couldn't deal with adidasjerry being the only jcarter alias in the green, so I negged him. I will undo the damage if I lose my bet tomorrow (tonight, actually!).
                BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                -
                Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Muse or Milner? Anyone know yet?
                  National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                  two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                  b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Muse.
                    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                    -
                    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

If its not Muse, I will be angry.
                      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

1. UVM is also a VERY different team. 2. I am not living in the past. Making observations about past events and connecting them to the future is part of sports. Will Jerry York not look at the game tape when UVM played BC four months ago? Will he be living in the past for doing so? Will he be stupid if he does since BC is "a different team" and will therefore not be able to make any adjustments? 3. UVM has also "come through in big games". Arguably more big games than BC.(UVM has just lost some BAD games too).

I may be towlee but OH MY GOD SHUT UP KENNY YOU B*****D
                        As already referenced, the UVM coach dismissed those games and vowed to not look at those tapes. Proof that those games were 4 months ago and do not mean jack. Jerry will look at tapes from UVM's UNH weekend, not tapes from 4 months ago. Might as well be last year. But if those November games keep your hopes alive in March, then keep clinging to em.

6-2 BC.

Comment

UVM made a great push. I look forward to seeing what they can do v. BC

Comment

Also, if by "recycler" you mean I "recycle" "your" phrases. I think a better term would be mocking. Is it really that hard to comprehend mocking someone via internet?
                            fail (c)

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                              Jerry will look at tapes from UVM's UNH weekend, not tapes from 4 months ago.
                              Jerry didn't have those tapes.

“We don’t have access to the (Vermont) games against UNH but we might exchange tapes as the week
                              goes on."

Wonder if they were exchanged??

Comment

Yes I am divorced. And remarried. I also have custody of my children so I can't be that bad of guy. Judges don't typically give a dad custody unless you are a pretty decent person........to those that deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                                X