Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont vs. Boston College - HEA Semifinals - 3/19 TD Garden

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
    That was four months ago, if you want to live in the past, then good luck. You can hang your hat on winning the regular season series against BC. However, BC is a different team and they have found the ability to come through in big games. All it's going to take is a couple early goals and the flood gates will burst open.
    1. UVM is also a VERY different team. 2. I am not living in the past. Making observations about past events and connecting them to the future is part of sports. Will Jerry York not look at the game tape when UVM played BC four months ago? Will he be living in the past for doing so? Will he be stupid if he does since BC is "a different team" and will therefore not be able to make any adjustments? 3. UVM has also "come through in big games". Arguably more big games than BC.(UVM has just lost some BAD games too).

I may be towlee but OH MY GOD SHUT UP KENNY YOU B*****D

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      We wouldn't neg rep you all the time if you didn't freak out about it.
      That's a lie.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

It appears Sneddon doesn't put much stock into the prior games in the season series:

On regular season series against Boston College:
        Yeah we can’t use those games, I think they were obviously a completely different team back then. I remember playing them, we obviously had a little bit of success winning the season series against Boston College, but I remember saying how good I thought they were going to become with all their young freshmen defensemen that obviously were topend players but needed to gain experience in big games and obviously they’ve achieved
        that going into the second half and having success. They’re extremely talented at all positions now, so the youth is not hurting them in any way, shape, or form now. So, we have to throw those games out, we can’t look at films on BC back then, they are just a different team now, we’ll use much more recent games just knowing that they’re a completely different team, they’re a great team. We’re really excited about the opportunity to play them this Friday.”
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Haven't we had a truce since that whole issue anyway? I don't have any problem with you.
          Then it is all in good fun...peace now just Carmine/Nick the douch..

Comment

So Nick/Carmine *** is you problem?...the rest of the BC crew has managed to call a truce (Minus JC but that is between him and them)... no friends and a child? have to be a bully? let us know what the issue is and we will help you. You have a lot of anger for a college hockey board. So lets talk it out and get some peace and love here.

Comment

• Eaglefan06

It's all good. May the best team win and peace to all. Thanks for the message.

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
                So Nick/Carmine *** is you problem?...the rest of the BC crew has managed to call a truce (Minus JC but that is between him and them)... no friends and a child? have to be a bully? let us know what the issue is and we will help you. You have a lot of anger for a college hockey board. So lets talk it out and get some peace and love here.
                Oh I don't really have a problem with them, its all in good fun. It's much more entertaining to have a little trash talking though. Tony, Joe, Nick....they are entertaining and I don't really take it seriously. Slasher, Carmine, and Chickens, well....they are just moronic idiots (or at least act like it). They maybe good people just looking to start some trash talk as well......

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                  I agree. UVM can not match BC for speed and skill, they are just too good. If they try to get into a run and gun game they are done for. The D needs to have a huge game and squash the little BC weenies into the boards, make them pay for touching the puck. If the offense can work off transition and the D can keep BC on the perimeter and work them over along the boards UVM can win. But if they start the penalty box parade and don't move their feet BC will be all over and only a red hot Madore will keep them in it.
                  I agree, and I don't see any compelling reason why this game doesn't end just as the 2008 Championship game did.
                  Chris V
                  Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

What's helped make this team successful is that the "little BC weenies" are complemented by the ability to play a VERY physical game... A game against Maine in January comes to mind, when BC totally physically manhandled Maine in the first period, then used their speed and skill to blow them out of the building.

BC is not a "soft" team by any stretch. Even the smaller guys (see: Gibbons) are capable of laying the lumber.
                    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                    -
                    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      What would Jerry do?
                      What would J.D. do?

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                      Oh I don't really have a problem with them, its all in good fun. It's much more entertaining to have a little trash talking though. Tony, Joe, Nick....they are entertaining and I don't really take it seriously. Slasher, Carmine, and Chickens, well....they are just moronic idiots (or at least act like it). They maybe good people just looking to start some trash talk as well......
                      Will you be at the Garden tomorrow?
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I hear jcarter will be in Buffalo... he's a big bouncyball fan.
                        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                        -
                        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                          Your mom's a fan of my big bouncy balls.
                          Originally posted by Bakunin
                          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                            I'm starting to think that jcarter and RStarr have some things in common. Like that they don't exist.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I'm starting to think that jcarter and RStarr have some things in common. Like that they don't exist.
                              They combine Voltron like to form Hokydad.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Got me. My posts are just randomly generated sayings.

No, I will not be there, my weekend with my kids. But rest assured, the first chance I get I will be happy to exchange a handshake with you and Joe. As I said, I have no problem with you guys, its all in good fun. At least for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X