Vermont vs. Boston College - HEA Semifinals - 3/19 TD Garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vermont vs. Boston College - HEA Semifinals - 3/19 TD Garden

Wait, Scott Hansen? Or Dave? Don't think I've seen Scott ref a game all year...

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
      That ice is dangerous there, quite a few times I've caught myself there during stick time when I was an undergrad.

Yeah they really need to do something about that. Maybe a new compressor and ice making equipment will help.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Wait, Scott Hansen? Or Dave? Don't think I've seen Scott ref a game all year...
        Pay ATTENTION... This will be the 2nd BC game in a row he's reffed.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Pay ATTENTION... This will be the 2nd BC game in a row he's reffed.
          Wow, didn't even notice him. Really can't remember seeing him at all this season. Where has he been? Or am I losing my mind?

Must have been Millea who called that absurd interference penalty on Sneep.

Comment

When? Ballsy coming from an eight place team. Last two times the 8th seed advanced, they lost in the semifinals.

Congrats on the season series victory though. Won't mean a **** thing Friday night. Maybe around 7:30 we'll be able to say goodbye to you for the season.
            First Lowell thought they would be saying goodbye to UVM. UNH thought the same. BC? Make it a tic-tac-toe. UNH has never been shut out at home...Twice in a row. This Vermont team is not just a typical eight seed. Seed do not matter in this tournament.

Comment

Did I miss something? Does UVM have a Hockey East/national title that I don't know about? I agree that they're not the typical 8 seed, but they also finished in 8th for a reason. For the record, I was hoping to say goodbye to jcarter around 7:30 Friday night. As it turns out, UVM can still make the tourney if they lose...

Comment

Did I miss something? Does UVM have a Hockey East/national title that I don't know about? I agree that they're not the typical 8 seed, but they also finished in 8th for a reason. For the record, I was hoping to say goodbye to jcarter around 7:30 Friday night. As it turns out, UVM can still make the tourney if they lose...
                Would shutting out BC be improbable or expected?

Comment

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
                  Would shutting out BC be improbable or expected?
                  Not likely.
                  National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                  two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                  b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Did you just walk into HE yesterday??

Look at the standings there was really no difference between teams 3 thru 8.

Vermont had 7 ties which means if they scored only 3 more goals in 27 games they would be tied for 3rd.
                    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

• Re: Vermont vs. Boston College - HEA Semifinals - 3/19 TD Garden

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                      Look at the standings there was really no difference between teams 3 thru 8.

Vermont had 7 ties which means if they scored only 3 more goals in 27 games they would be tied for 3rd.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Any team from that mix of 3-8 can make the same excuses. What if Merrimack played better on the road? I could go on and on...

Again, I agree that Vermont is not your typical 8th seed, but they also finished there for a reason. I'm not expecting or predicting a BC romp here either. I just think if BC plays its best, UVM can't beat them.

Comment

I think this will be a very good series depending on how madore plays. UVM has shown that even as an 8th seed they can still win. BC is playing really well and 4th in pairwise but UVM has taken down Denver early this season. I just dont want to see a Beanpot final.
                        UML

Comment

Originally posted by Babikian View Post
                          I think this will be a very good series depending on how madore plays. UVM has shown that even as an 8th seed they can still win. BC is playing really well and 4th in pairwise but UVM has taken down Denver early this season. I just dont want to see a Beanpot final.
                          Oh but you will, and now, the same color as your smiley face!
                          Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Here's my take on Friday's game...

Boston College: This isn't the same BC team Vermont saw last fall. The frosh are now seasoned and scoring is pretty much spread across 4 lines, and all 4 lines can certainly fly. UVM will have a hard time with BC's depth at forward, as they can wear you down cycling and with speed and intensity.
                            It’s what did UMass in last week… their top 2 lines and D pairings got an awful lot of ice time and just couldn’t keep up over 60 minutes.

The D has me a little bit worried (including ‘team D’). They progressed so well over the season but didn’t have great series’s against UNH or UMass last weekend. Some bad turnovers and poor decisions with the puck in our zone could have been more costly than they were. They threw an awful lot of pucks into traffic when we had an open man on the far backside of the net with no pressure that way. I’m sure the coaching staff will have that straightened out this week.

Goaltending… No worries.

Vermont: What can you say about a team with their backs to the wall, in hostile territory, on the big sheet, and holding one of Hockey East’s top offensive teams to goose eggs two nights in a row to take the series?!!!! That’s pretty darn impressive stuff right there.

I didn’t see the games but can guess they did a great job of filling passing lanes and keeping UNH out on the perimeter. I heard the last 20 minutes or so of the final game and sounded like Madore was on his game. If VT can shut down UNH like that they can certainly do the same to BC (as they have shown already in 2 of 3 meetings).

Look out for a kid like McCarthy. He’s had some big games already against us, which always seems to be the case when a kid is recruited and then is playing for another team. The Eagles had better be paying attention when he’s on the ice.

Prediction: Vermont will certainly hit BC every chance they get to take them off their game and wear them down. BC is a far better team when they hit than when they try to just out-talent an opponent. Their speed is far more dangerous when they’re hitting. The team that wins the physical battle will win this game. That’s my 2 cents.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Babikian View Post
                              First, it's only one game. Not a series. Second, BC also lost to St. Lawrence earlier this season. Neither result matters at this point.

FiveHole, you copped out! That's not a prediction

Comment

FiveHole, you copped out! That's not a prediction

OK... here ya go. I predict BC will come out hitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X