Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vermont vs. Boston College - HEA Semifinals - 3/19 TD Garden

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
    That's why they lace them up. UVM wins, they are in. UVM loses they go home. Simple math.
    UVM has a shot if there aren't any upsets. I had them at #14 in the PWR, the last at large team in.
    National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
    two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
    b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
      UVM has a shot if there aren't any upsets. I had them at #14 in the PWR, the last at large team in.
      True about 1/2 the scenarios have them in and half out...but They should earn their way in if they are going to get in.

Comment

UNH-UVM postgame video from Biz Jacobs of Inside Hockey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxRpMCN-yOk

Comment

Originally posted by bostonfan86 View Post
          UNH-UVM postgame video from Biz Jacobs of Inside Hockey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxRpMCN-yOk
          Man, Umile looked like he was gonna have a nervous breakdown right there. Poor Foster. The guy played out of his mind and didn't have much to show for it. Great series though.

Comment

Originally posted by midge843 View Post
            Man, Umile looked like he was gonna have a nervous breakdown right there. Poor Foster. The guy played out of his mind and didn't have much to show for it. Great series though.
            Feel bad for Butler too. Good guy. Umile looks like they shot his dog. I'd still like to see them make it into the tournament
            sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

So BC is in the 5pm game.

I am thinking of taking commuter rail in from North Leominster Friday to see these games. That station is 20 minutes from my southern New Hampshire home. I don't have a ticket, but I feel pretty sure that I can walk up to the window and buy one. Vermont will clearly bring fewer fans than UNH would have.

With the DownEaster train, Maine fans have another way of getting to and from Boston besides driving. However, the last northbound train may leave before the Maine-BU game ends. That also depends on whether BC-Vermont go into OT.
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                So BC is in the 5pm game.

Vermont will clearly bring fewer fans than UNH would have.
                True, and 75% of the fans that may have traveled to Boston will be in Buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by GuttCheck View Post
                  True, and 75% of the fans that may have traveled to Boston will be in Buffalo.
                  It would be nice to have a great fan presence, but I will take fans being torn between watching their Mens BB team in the NCAA tourney, or the hockey team at the Garden.......
                  Originally posted by Hokydad
                  Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

This thread seems a bit dead considering UVM's improbable win at UNH and the flaming that BC fans are notorious for.

Where's Nick, TonytheTroll, and SuperJoe ??

My prediction

UVM 3-1 over BC.....

- a trip to the finals, and trip to the NCAA's

Comment

My prediction: My pledge this morning to stay off USCHO all week will not be honored.

Hey, I was right.
                      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                      -
                      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

I was listening to that game last night on Sportsjuice, and for some reason midway through the third period windows media player kept buffering. All I hear at the end of the game was "turnover...goal!...New Hampshire native". I thought for sure we had just lost. I hope this game is televised. Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                          My prediction: My pledge this morning to stay off USCHO all week will not be honored.

Hey, I was right.
                          Does that happen often.......being unable to keep promises to yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            y'all got the 5.

dfp guys in the press box got confirmation we have 8p
                            Due to work commitments I can't get out of, I will miss at least 2 periods of the UVM-BC game.

Thanks goodness for the DVR!
                            Boston College Eagles
                            NCAA Champions
                            1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Bentley University Falcons

Comment

I had a similar problem to UVM fans in 2001. See PC basketball crap the bed against Penn State or watch PC beat Maine in the HE semi's.

Now that I think about it, I think the PSU game was on against the loss to BC in the HE Finals.

Ah. The good old days.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                I had a similar problem to UVM fans in 2001. See PC basketball crap the bed against Penn State or watch PC beat Maine in the HE semi's.

Now that I think about it, I think the PSU game was on against the loss to BC in the HE Finals.

Ah. The good old days.
                                UVM fans just think, in 9 short years you could be just like PC now!

Comment

Working...
                                X