• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gscott13
    replied
    Re: Vermont vs. Boston College - HEA Semifinals - 3/19 TD Garden

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
    Dirty goalie hahahaha you Cats are funny. Obviously none of you have played hockey. Grabing a guys leg and tripping him is probably the least dirty thing I have ever seen a goalie do.
    exactly... stupid on muse's part, and i don't blame downing for going back at him, given the game was in the bag at that point, but a trip is the least of what goalies do when your camped out in front... between the slashes to the back of the legs, the stick up between the legs, etc., a mere trip is really not all that dirty...

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

Can the guy from Inside Hockey interview Downing and ask him how that blocker to the face felt please? Thanks.
    fwiw, not sure what the rule in college is, but in the nhl, if a goalie is deemed to have punched a player in the head or face with his blocker it is a match penalty

not trying to stir the pot, just making the rounds

Leave a comment:

• joegrav
    replied

Does UVM still get to raise a season series champion banner?

Leave a comment:

• UML
    replied

Great game BC. I hope you guys get placed in Worcester.

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied

Nice to see that BC once again won in March over UVM. It's an amazing coincidence... AGAIN! Right jcarter?

Leave a comment:

• Kenny
    replied

Well, the score wasn't 6-2, but it certainly wasn't a game. UVM had no sustained pressure and BC dominated the play all night.

How are those November games treating you? At least UVM took the regular season series against BC, right?

Watch out for BC, as they are getting production from everywhere. Bring on the Black Bears.

Leave a comment:

• InsideHockey
    replied

Originally posted by InsideHockey View Post
    Postgame Press conference video from BC-Vermont. Postgame extra video with Chris Kreider will be up shortly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO68QGLwNx4
    And here's the postgame extra as Kevin Edelson and Tim Rosenthal interview Kreider after the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYLjfbj60A

Leave a comment:

• InsideHockey
    replied

Postgame Press conference video from BC-Vermont. Postgame extra video with Chris Kreider will be up shortly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO68QGLwNx4

Leave a comment:

• Eaglefan06
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Since when did a trip become dirty? You're right about one thing, BC dictated the pace of the game. UVM had no chance.

I'm now rooting for Denver to beat UND and St. Cloud so BC can hopefully grab the 4th #1 seed.
    Not only that, but have St. Cloud as the 2 seed, rather than North Dakota.

(St. Cloud has never won an NCAA game)

Leave a comment:

• GuttCheck
    replied

congrats bc, you totally outplayed us and deserved that win.

if cornell and bc win tomorrow, we still have a chance, which seems ridiculous, but i'll take it if it happens.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Since when did a trip become dirty? You're right about one thing, BC dictated the pace of the game. UVM had no chance.

I'm now rooting for Denver to beat UND and St. Cloud so BC can hopefully grab the 4th #1 seed.

Leave a comment:

• Eaglefan06
    replied

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    It's too bad Downing hadn't put him over his knee and spanked. I didn't think Muse was such a dirty goalie. Does he idol Ron Hextall?

Anywho....See you guys in few weeks. UVM played terrible in the first few, and alot of credit to BC for not letting them play their game.

In the immortal words of Arnold : " I'll be back"
    Dirty goalie hahahaha you Cats are funny. Obviously none of you have played hockey. Grabing a guys leg and tripping him is probably the least dirty thing I have ever seen a goalie do.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Can the guy from Inside Hockey interview Downing and ask him how that blocker to the face felt please? Thanks.
    It's too bad Downing hadn't put him over his knee and spanked. I didn't think Muse was such a dirty goalie. Does he idol Ron Hextall?

Anywho....See you guys in few weeks. UVM played terrible in the first few, and alot of credit to BC for not letting them play their game.

In the immortal words of Arnold : " I'll be back"

Leave a comment:

• Eaglefan06
    replied

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

So many things could be said after that thorough performance.

Goodbye jcarter might suffice.

Oh ya, can't believe we were actually having a goaltending debate!

This game was exactly what I suspected.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X