Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2010 CCHA Championships 3/19-20: FSU, Miami, Michigan, and NMU

Originally posted by I Want Shegos View Post
    I am new to the site, far from new to college hockey, I've been a FSU fan since 06. But, obviously Ferris is rarely remotely close to the national tournament, so I never really paid much attention to the whole selection process until this year.

I do definitely agree that it is FAR better than the BCS, college hockey does have a legitimate champion unlike football.

Not saying that Alaska doesn't deserve to be in, and Ferris certainly dug their own grave, but I'm just a bit off on how they are higher. The conference tournaments obviously have a huge impact (Look at State dropping, NMU rising) which confuses me some more since they didn't make the Joe.

Either way, good luck to them, Northern, U of M and Miami representing the CCHA in the Big Show.
    Does the fact that Alaska had a better overall winning percentage (.592- .588) make a difference? All games played are counted, not just conference games. And also the NCAA doesn't recognize the shootout wins. They are counted as ties for both teams.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      ******* width="560" height="340">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3ALwKeSEYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3ALwKeSEYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">
      Leave it to a Techhead to need a cartoon to get a point across.
      Classy.
      “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
      – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
      when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        ******* width="560" height="340">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3ALwKeSEYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3ALwKeSEYs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">
        Pfft.

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WWaLxFIVX1s&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WWaLxFIVX1s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

Comment

Guys- going to have to defer to others on this. But I am a little confused about Ferris as well. I am looking at the PWR and their RPI is higher than 4 teams in front of them and they win comparisons against two in front of them. May of been brought up already but how did they drop so far? I thought the PWR put a big emphasis on RPI.
          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
            Guys- going to have to defer to others on this. But I am a little confused about Ferris as well. I am looking at the PWR and their RPI is higher than 4 teams in front of them and they win comparisons against two in front of them. May of been brought up already but how did they drop so far? I thought the PWR put a big emphasis on RPI.
            http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankin....php?teamid=10

They lose those comparisons by common opponent record and record vs. TUC's.
            Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
              http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankin....php?teamid=10

They lose those comparisons by common opponent record and record vs. TUC's.
              Not against Alaska and Vermont. They win atleast one of them along with RPI.
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
                Leave it to a Techhead to need a cartoon to get a point across.
                Classy.
                He has to get some use out of it, being a fan of one of the only schools that manages to win less than mine.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Not against Alaska and Vermont. They win atleast one of them along with RPI.
                  You asked how they dropped so far with a relatively high RPI. They did that by losing comparisons (4) where they have a higher RPI.

Win those 4 and they have 14 comparisons and sit in 10th.
                  Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                    You asked how they dropped so far with a relatively high RPI. They did that by losing comparisons (4) where they have a higher RPI.

Win those 4 and they have 14 comparisons and sit in 10th.
                    I know what your saying. The thing that puzzles me is they win comparisons against both Vermont and Alaska. Thats what I don't understand, they have a higher RPI and win those comparisons....

Comment

I know what your saying. The thing that puzzles me is they win comparisons against both Vermont and Alaska. Thats what I don't understand, they have a higher RPI and win those comparisons....
                      I don't get what you're confused about. Sure, they won those comparisons, but they lost comparisons to Michigan State and UMD, while Alaska and Vermont won comparisons against New Hampshire, Michigan State and Vermont in Alaska's case, and Michigan, Michigan State and Duluth in Vermont's case.

Beating both of them in h2h pairwise and RPI doesn't matter if you don't equal the # of comparisons. You could say they swept the season series vs. both but finished a game behind overall.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        I don't get what you're confused about. Sure, they won those comparisons, but they lost comparisons to Michigan State and UMD, while Alaska and Vermont won comparisons against New Hampshire, Michigan State and Vermont in Alaska's case, and Michigan, Michigan State and Duluth in Vermont's case.

Beating both of them in h2h pairwise and RPI doesn't matter if you don't equal the # of comparisons. You could say they swept the season series vs. both but finished a game behind overall.
                        ok now that makes more sense. You explained it well, thanks. I was merely looking at the teams in front of them.

Comment

Working...
                        X