X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlagDUDE08
    replied
    Re: ECAC Semifinals & Finals: Albany, NY

Bluntness may be harsh, but if you're going to speak on a subject, I think that many of us (not only RC) expect you to be informed on the subject, unless you are asking a question to get information. If you have a comment, be prepared to back it up with solid facts. If anyone challenges your statement on here, and you're able to defend it, what's the problem? Defend it.

As an example with me, I don't generally post in the Western threads. Why? I'm not informed enough about their teams to make good points, nor am I interested in learning more about their teams. I will commonly post in another team's thread if we are playing them in the near future, or if I hear/see something about which I'd like to discuss.

Is RC harsh? Perhaps, even to the RPI posters at times. However, if you can take a hint from what is posted, and use it to better your posting, you'll be much better off.

Leave a comment:

• GreatLakerMohawk
    replied

Originally posted by aweise View Post
    While true, they're at least trying to encourage student attendance by providing bus transportation from the campus to the TUC. Given the timing, it will probably be difficult to get students to attend, but I imagine a majority of the Union locals/townies will be there.
    Not going to go into bash mode here, but these are the same locals who wouldn't go to Albany for the Governor's Cup and won't go to Troy despite it being, for all intents and purposes, right down the road. You have to understand why people would be skeptical.

Leave a comment:

• soxrok3
    replied

Everybody get ready for Red Cloud to slam me soon!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• soxrok3
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    This statement displays a general lack of understanding on the order of things in the Capital District.
    Thank you, Red Cloud, again for your constructive criticism. The reason people are upset with you, including myself, is you make posts that are relatively harsh in regards to people's "lack of knowledge" about things you deem yourself an expert in, i.e. the "understanding on the order of things in the Capital District."

And by doing this, you do appear to feel like everybody is out to get you.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    RedCloud.....One question please. Do you have paranoid schizophrenia, or is everyone just out trying to get you ??? Or maybe it's complete coincidence that you have so many problems with posters here ??? How come everyone else gets along here ??? Just curious ?? Dropped on head at birth maybe ??

Just remember...There's a bear around every corner and he's "just waiting for you."
    What the heck is YOUR problem?

No one's "out to get me," genius. Am I receiving personal attacks? Yes, I am.

Are you worth my time and effort? No, you're not.

Leave a comment:

• sshablak
    replied

RedCloud.....One question please. Do you have paranoid schizophrenia, or is everyone just out trying to get you ??? Or maybe it's complete coincidence that you have so many problems with posters here ??? How come everyone else gets along here ??? Just curious ?? Dropped on head at birth maybe ??

Just remember...There's a bear around every corner and he's "just waiting for you."

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

While true, they're at least trying to encourage student attendance by providing bus transportation from the campus to the TUC. Given the timing, it will probably be difficult to get students to attend, but I imagine a majority of the Union locals/townies will be there.
    It's hard to do on such short notice. I don't think you can blame Union students even the solid hockey fans, given the team's history, for planning spring break getaways. Heck, I'll never forgive myself for giving up on RPI in '02 in January, as a student, making spring break plans for a warmer climate, and missed the only trip to LP/Albany that they made during my days as a student, but at the point I made the plans, I don't think anyone could blame me for expecting to have that weekend open.

Leave a comment:

• Wholin1
    replied

Didn't UHM also mention that the dorms are closing Friday? Also, although a very welcome and supporting presence, students even at Messa rarely are more than a few hundred. The Union regulars will attend, but the real unanswered question is how many casual local hockey fans will do so, based on the Union participation. If RPI was in it, I'd guess several thousand would attend who might not ordinarily. I've no idea if similar numbers will come out because of Union. I'd also bet that a lot of RPI fans will be there too as I've seen them in good numbers in previous years.

Leave a comment:

• aweise
    replied

Originally posted by DMA View Post
    Keep in mind that Union is on break this weekend (it is a trimester school). The students will not be in the area, so Union may not have a large student contingent.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by DMA View Post
    Keep in mind that Union is on break this weekend (it is a trimester school). The students will not be in the area, so Union may not have a large student contingent.
    Yeah, that was part of what I was getting at.

Originally posted by AlDeFlorio View Post
    Could be one of the stupidest postings ever on USCHO. You've made an *** of yourself throughout this thread. Suggest you quit now.
    Wow, that was original. Would you care to explain yourself or do you just want to be the latest person running their mouth with a personal attack on me? If you think the difference in population between the Capital District and Ithaca is going to somehow make up the difference in the size of the crowd between Cornell and Union, that tells me that you have no idea about demographics in the Capital District.

This is always THE worst week on this board. The loonies pop up, and the know it all n00bs do too.

Leave a comment:

• DMA
    replied

Well, prepare to be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• AlDeFlorio
    replied

This statement displays a general lack of understanding on the order of things in the Capital District.
    Could be one of the stupidest postings ever on USCHO. You've made an *** of yourself throughout this thread. Suggest you quit now.

Leave a comment:

• AlDeFlorio
    replied

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Don't you mean clutch and grab??
    No. That's the Clarkson modus operandi. That is, if Clarkson's recent teams can be said to have a modus operandi.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by AlDeFlorio View Post
    And the Cap Cities' population is how many times Ithaca's? Or does Union have no townie fans?

Leave a comment:

• AlDeFlorio
    replied

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
    Pathetic indeed, Cornell's enrollment is only 7 times larger than Union's.
    And the Cap Cities' population is how many times Ithaca's? Or does Union have no townie fans?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X