X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OsecnUC
    replied
    Re: ECAC Semifinals & Finals: Albany, NY

All you guys worrying about the neg. rep. take the Alfred E. Newman approach...What! Me worry? It really doesn't matter.
    Besides, isn't this the beer drinking forum? Seems to have gotten side tracked, and we certainly don't want any talk of the matchups tomorrow. Who will U start in goal? Can Brom penetrate Cornell's shut 'em down defense? Will SLU defend the honor of the north country?
    Just looking for a little substance. It sure is quiet with UHM taking exams.

Leave a comment:

• apple2k
    replied

I just called my buddy Glenn Beck and asked him to investigate. He's gonna become a poster on this thread, make idiotic remarks, and find out who the neg-repper is. But these will be sincere idiotic remarks: he may get a bit emotional, but it'll be to protect our freedom to post, no matter how idiotic we seem. God bless the USCHO Forum!

Leave a comment:

• ElGuapo34
    replied

Edit - Not worth it
    Last edited by ElGuapo34; 03-18-2010, 12:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Got 6, Want More
    replied

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
    Someone game me negative rep for this? Huh? It simply said "yep." I was complimenting Cornell. And you agree with me. So I'm struggling to understand why a negative reputation was necessary...
    How do you know it wasn't a fellow Brown fan. It seems some of the new Brown posters have run amuck with the (mostly) neg repping. I try to give Brown credit for playing well and beating Yale and got neg-repped by two Brown fans for complimenting Brown and saying it was more than luck while trying to give Brown some credit.

A bus huh...hopefully you bring more than that because that is only about 50 people. I am looking forward to the Brown - Cornell game with great interest. I don't know how Cornell can win if they can't score...so let's see what Brown can do to CU.
    Last edited by Got 6, Want More; 03-18-2010, 02:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Humanoid
    replied

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
    Well if not you it was someone else..just adds to the - 80 mil. or so I have so far...
    Def. wasn't me - b/c I got some too... I feel loved.

Brown Univ. is sending a fan bus out to Albany. While this doesn't guarantee that Brown will have a good amount of fans out there, last weekend at Yale, this same strategy produced a memorable night where Brown fans were loud and rowdy.

Brown fans do have to pay for the bus/ticket combo, but the bus allows students an opportunity to "tailgate" on the way to the game. For the 3 hour ride or so, I'd be willing to bet the fans get rowdy and make the arena fairly loud. This is a proven method of getting fans to go to the game, since it's a lot harder to convince them to go on their own gas/dime, and Brown has successfully implemented this several times over the course of their successful runs.

If Brown wins on Friday, I'd like to see them do the same on Saturday with their students.

Leave a comment:

• kdaddy
    replied

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
    ...I should give you negative rep for saying that... haha
    Well if not you it was someone else..just adds to the - 80 mil. or so I have so far...

Leave a comment:

• Humanoid
    replied

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
    They should just get rid of this rep thing...it's like 5th grade.
    ...I should give you negative rep for saying that... haha

Leave a comment:

• kdaddy
    replied

Someone game me negative rep for this? Huh? It simply said "yep." I was complimenting Cornell. And you agree with me. So I'm struggling to understand why a negative reputation was necessary...
    They should just get rid of this rep thing...it's like 5th grade.

Leave a comment:

• kdiff77
    replied

That's what usually happens. We play a similar style, they play it better and have better players to do so.

Leave a comment:

• justlookin'
    replied

Originally posted by aweise View Post
    I remember now...that's where the couple from Canton sitting next to me one year were getting smashed in between periods of the SLU game.
    I probably was with those folks as an SLU fan...

It really was too funny to see the expressions on the faces of people as they passed by, looking into the beer cage.

Leave a comment:

• aweise
    replied

Originally posted by justlookin' View Post
    LP had the infamous beer cage! It was set up in the concourse between the 1980 arena and the 1932 rink. I visited this and wondered why the cage??? Must have been an NCAA thing...Anyway, as long as you didn't mind the gawking of non-drinking passers by as you chugged your overpriced, warm malt beverage (behind the cage), it was a place to have an adult beverage!
    I remember now...that's where the couple from Canton sitting next to me one year were getting smashed in between periods of the SLU game.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    I'm getting my Tims mixed up.
    TimU is the sane one.

Leave a comment:

• justlookin'
    replied

Originally posted by aweise View Post
    They haven't sold it at the regionals or Frozen Four ever since I've been going, but they definitely have done so at the ECACs in Albany (don't remember any in LP).

I thought I heard somewhere that it really is NCAA policy to not sell it at NCAA events. Since this is an ECAC event, perhaps those same restrictions don't apply?
    LP had the infamous beer cage! It was set up in the concourse between the 1980 arena and the 1932 rink. I visited this and wondered why the cage??? Must have been an NCAA thing...Anyway, as long as you didn't mind the gawking of non-drinking passers by as you chugged your overpriced, warm malt beverage (behind the cage), it was a place to have an adult beverage!

Leave a comment:

• TimV
    replied

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    Easiest way to remember: TimU is green. I'm red.

Leave a comment:

• Wholin1
    replied

Originally posted by TimU View Post
    Coaches picked SLU 10th.

(The USCHO season preview had them 11th, and the overall preseason media poll put them 7th.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X