X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Semifinals & Finals: Albany, NY

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Claims to be an RPI fan. I have doubts.

Soxrox, after all the help I gave you yesterday when you had a bunch of questions, now you're going to act like a jerk. Well, that's fine by me. My team's got plenty to go on - a bright future, for instance. His is still the favorite for last place next season.
    Why do you think I was asking about RPI recruiting? What non-fan cares about that? I've been going to RPI games since the pre-Cavosie brothers days. Before you judge me and lash out, I'm in my early twenties.

And you're calling me a jerk? I'm obviously not a frequent flier on this forum, but I came on to see what was what in terms of the ECAC tournament. In my limited experience, you seem like the biggest jerk on here. You've proven to me, at least, that you can't accept what I've said on this forum as having any validity. I appreciate you taking the time to de-construct my statements rather than provide any valuable insight of your own. Judging by your 20,000+ posts , it seem like you have an answer for everybody. Have fun watching "real hockey" out West. As a fellow RPI fan, I find the fact that you categorize RPI as some form of "non-real hockey" irritating and ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Since everyone else is sounding like a broken record, I guess it's my turn.

You're disappointed by RPI's hockey team. We are not. We think our improvements are fine as is, and are better for the long term. If you don't like it, there's a team right down the road that is going to Albany this year, and I'm sure they would be most welcoming of additional permanent fan support. Just don't come crawling back when our hard rebuilding work pays off.
      With all due respect, that is a rather ridiculous statement. To try and tell me you weren't disappointed with the result of RPI hockey this year is pretty un-believable. Is getting knocked out in the 1st round satisfying to you?

I fully appreciate the fact that strides have been made in the right direction and am certainly proud of their performance this year, but its what you do in the playoffs that counts and is most memorable to fans such as you and I.

Comment

Originally posted by soxrok3 View Post
        Why do you think I was asking about RPI recruiting? What non-fan cares about that? I've been going to RPI games since the pre-Cavosie brothers days. Before you judge me and lash out, I'm in my early twenties.
        You didn't ask about RPI recruiting, you asked about "college hockey recruiting." My mistake, I guess I was supposed to do some kind of mind meld on you to figure out your specificity.

You've been a fan since the pre-Cavosie brothers days? OOOOOOH.

And you're calling me a jerk?
        Yes, I'm calling you a jerk. Lobbing personal attacks at me unprovoked (oh, I'm sorry if you think being told you're wrong is a provocation) seems to be kind of a jerk move, especially after I did what I could to be nice to you, but you didn't want to listen to reason. That's not my fault.

I'm obviously not a frequent flier on this forum, but I came on to see what was what in terms of the ECAC tournament. In my limited experience, you seem like the biggest jerk on here.
        Most people who act like jerks find me to be a jerk, yes. This is true. Some people just can't face facts, and in turn, they lash out at how big of a jerk I am. You're not the first to do it. You won't be the last.

You've proven to me, at least, that you can't accept what I've said on this forum as having any validity.
        Well, you've proven that on your own, kid.

I appreciate you taking the time to de-construct my statements rather than provide any valuable insight of your own.
        So, when I answered your questions last night about A) whether RPI had a solid team coming in next year, B) whether they'd be any good in the league, C) whether they would be ranked pre-season and D) whether there was any online source for "college hockey recruiting," that wasn't providing any insight of my own.

I didn't need to offer more insight. Other posters (like Rolevio, one of the best Union fans on this board for longer than I've been here) already proved you wrong.

Judging by your 20,000+ posts , it seem like you have an answer for everybody.
        Ah, the old post count argument. Classic losing argument, resort to how many posts someone has, either having very few posts or having a lot of posts, to make an argument that goes nowhere. This is only shows me that you have nothing concrete to stand on.

As a fellow RPI fan, I find the fact that you categorize RPI as some form of "non-real hockey" irritating and ridiculous.
        Please, enlighten me as to where I called RPI "non-real hockey." I'll wait.

With all due respect, that is a rather ridiculous statement. To try and tell me you weren't disappointed with the result of RPI hockey this year is pretty un-believable. Is getting knocked out in the 1st round satisfying to you?

I fully appreciate the fact that strides have been made in the right direction and am certainly proud of their performance this year, but its what you do in the playoffs that counts and is most memorable to fans such as you and I.
        This is why no one is taking you seriously. You managed to contradict yourself the span of three sentences.

Am I going to get bent out of shape over one bad weekend against a lousy team? No. I'm going to look at the whole picture. As to which you want to do, I have no idea.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Oh right, the entire season consists of three games. Of course to an RPI casual fan, there ARE only three games in the season: Freakout, Clarkson, and AT Clarkson. Top scoring player over the regular season? Top two rookies in the ECAC? Highly improved power play? Second best goaltender in the ECAC? Oops, that's right, it doesn't mean anything, because we lost two games in one weekend. That's as bad as one of my buddies that thinks Freakout is equivalent to a national championship.

I've got an idea: Let's do exactly what you want. Let's just cancel five months of college hockey and only do the playoffs. Happy?

I'll remember what I want about RPI hockey, you don't control my brain.

Comment

Red Cloud,

I apologize if my vicious personal attack offended you. Despite finding your interpretations of some of my statements misguided, I'm not going to continue this argument any longer. (i.e. I did ask about recruiting in an effort to find out more about RPI recruiting). I do, however, think you brought up some valid points about the things I said. Also, I'd like to thank you again for answering my questions. I hope the rest of you enjoy the thread I've created as well as this weekend of hockey in the TUC, if you're going. And Red Cloud, I hope you too enjoy some "real hockey" out West.

Best of luck to all teams!

Comment

So, what to make of Brown? I can't figure them out. I know Union has rarely been able to handle them. There's got to be some headscratching going on in the Lynah hockey offices. Maybe in Providence too for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                So, what to make of Brown? I can't figure them out. I know Union has rarely been able to handle them. There's got to be some headscratching going on in the Lynah hockey offices. Maybe in Providence too for that matter.
                Brown played two teams that try to skate circles around their opponents, and they used it to their advantage. Cornell doesn't play that way. Cornell will out-muscle Brown and win.

Comment

Brown played two teams that try to skate circles around their opponents, and they used it to their advantage. Cornell doesn't play that way. Cornell will out-muscle Brown and win.
                  Don't you mean clutch and grab??
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                    I've been trying to do the same. They've been up and down all year. I am hopeful for a Brown win against Cornell. I am sure most would think well they beat Yale why not Cornell, but if you look at the last few games for Brown dating back into the regular season they seem to win one and then lose one. Who the heck knows which Brown team (or Clemente) will show up.
                    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

I apologize if my vicious personal attack offended you.
                      Never said it was vicious.

And Red Cloud, I hope you too enjoy some "real hockey" out West.
                      I expect to.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Don't you mean clutch and grab??
                        Tuché. However it takes muscles to do that.

Comment

I think you are oversimplifying it. RPI is more physical than Yale. The teams are by no means carbon copies of each other. Also, Brown's top two forward lines are very talented and finally performing at their peak. Brown is just as good as any team in a one game scenario with their season on the line. In game three of each series, which was the only one in each where both teams came to play, they won. Because I covered both the series at RPI and Yale, I saw all six Brown playoff games and I can tell you they have as good a chance to win at Albany as anyone. But Cornell's season isn't really on the line. That is the X-factor there. Scrivens and Clemente both have the ability to steal any game as well.

People forget Brown was a win against Princeton in the last game of the season away from home ice, and that without one of their best players in Jordan Pietrus for all of February. Brendan Whittet has the team believing and they have a lot of seniors that have never won anything that want this badly.

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                          I've been trying to do the same. They've been up and down all year. I am hopeful for a Brown win against Cornell. I am sure most would think well they beat Yale why not Cornell, but if you look at the last few games for Brown dating back into the regular season they seem to win one and then lose one. Who the heck knows which Brown team (or Clemente) will show up.
                          The playoffs are a whole new ballgame. I think more important is they play huge with their season on the line.

Comment

That's what usually happens. We play a similar style, they play it better and have better players to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
                              Pathetic indeed, Cornell's enrollment is only 7 times larger than Union's.
                              And the Cap Cities' population is how many times Ithaca's? Or does Union have no townie fans?

Comment

Originally posted by AlDeFlorio View Post
                                And the Cap Cities' population is how many times Ithaca's? Or does Union have no townie fans?
                                This statement displays a general lack of understanding on the order of things in the Capital District.

Comment

Working...
                                X