Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Semifinals & Finals: Albany, NY

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Yeah, but you're forgetting one thing, burgie. RPI lost at home to a weaker team in the playoffs. Clearly a factor in Union outdrawing Cornell.
    DAM! How could I forget?! It was right on the tip of my tongue, I just forgot to say it. Don't worry, it won't happen next time.
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Underlying factor to the casual hockey fan attending at least on Friday, is what time is Siena playing bouncy ball. Smalbany is first, foremost and always will be a Siena town...but I digress.

Comment

...RPI lost at home to a weaker team in the playoffs.

Slightly off-topic, but I would like to amend the above statement.

"RPI lost at home to a lower-ranked team that played stronger that weekend."

Stickler for accuracy, I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
          Underlying factor to the casual hockey fan attending at least on Friday, is what time is Siena playing bouncy ball. Smalbany is first, foremost and always will be a Siena town...but I digress.
          2:30. I thought of adding that to my post, but deemed it irrelevant.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
            Slightly off-topic, but I would like to amend the above statement.

"RPI lost at home to a lower-ranked team that played stronger that weekend."

Stickler for accuracy, I am.
            No, I was right, but the butthurt is funny so you may continue.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by soxrok3 View Post
              I am disappointed. I am disappointed that RPI could not advance past the 1st round against a team with a substantially worse seed and record on their home ice.

Obviously, RPI would have put more fans in the seats. Therefore, I am disappointed in the team you defend on this forum, Seth Appert, and every player on RPI's roster.
              What team do you root for?
              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Oh, now we're going to play this petulant little game. I'm not into it.

No one is taunting you over the fact that Cornell will probably still outdraw Union this weekend. It's just the way things are - Cornell draws extremely well for these events and it's unlikely that Union, who usually can't sell out its small rink, will draw enough casual fans to the TUC to outnumber Cornell. I don't like it any more than you do, but it's the truth.

I swear, sometimes cheering for Union can be such a hassle. Fortunately, there are enough fans who don't resort to childish stuff like this every time they don't get their way that it is indeed worthwhile.

RPI has nothing to do with the fact that Cornell will outdraw Union this weekend. Sorry. Apparently you're not as well in tune with the TUC or the ECAC as you thought you were.
                To be honest with you, Red Cloud, I myself am an RPI Hockey fan. I casually go to RPI home games and was disappointed they lost their series. I hope you felt let down by their coach and roster as much as I did. In no way did I ever insinuate that RPI getting knocked out early would boost Union or total attendance at the TUC, like you said I did.

I also have no allegiance to Union whatsoever. I don't even know a single person who goes or went to Union.

What I've pointed out in every post I've put up is that Union IS CAPABLE OF OUTDRAWING Cornell. I understand they struggled to fill their small arena throughout the season. However, they had 2,000 fans at each of their last home games, thus indicating to me that their fan base is somewhat excited about their progress this year. I'd say this being a bigger, more important game getting more press coverage than any Union game this year makes them capable of drawing more than 2,000 fans to the TUC. As I said, I've been to every ECAC Final Four and I'd say Cornell brings somewhere in that neighborhood of fans. Therefore, this MAKES THEM CAPABLE of outdrawing them.

If they don't, trust me, I'm not losing sleep over it. Not in the least.

All I want is an exciting atmosphere that provides us all with a great event and even better hockey.

Now, Red Cloud, will you be attending the event?

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  Both Cornell and Union will be on Spring Break for the tournament. Cornell's alumni faction will easily outdraw the alumni / local contingent of Union.

If you're suggesting that the "ZOMG, they've never made it!! Awesome things will happen!!1!eleventy-one!" factor will make a difference in the Union-related attendance, you seriously overestimate the casual Albany fan's interest in college hockey. Period.
                  More folks will be interested in what Siena basketball is doing during the weekend than what Union will be doing.
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

No, I was right, but the butthurt is funny so you may continue.

Ah. I see. You are one of those forum denizens I have dubbed the Tar Babies of the Internet. Engage with them, and you're stuck in their gooey arguments.

Nah, I think I'll go back to celebrating my team's recent triumphs. :-P

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
                      Ah. I see. You are one of those forum denizens I have dubbed the Tar Babies of the Internet. Engage with them, and you're stuck in their gooey arguments.

Nah, I think I'll go back to celebrating my team's recent triumphs. :-P
                      You do that. You don't have much else to go on.

Comment

To be honest with you, Red Cloud, I myself am an RPI Hockey fan. I casually go to RPI home games and was disappointed they lost their series. I hope you felt let down by their coach and roster as much as I did. In no way did I ever insinuate that RPI getting knocked out early would boost Union or total attendance at the TUC, like you said I did.
                        No, of course not, but the segue was far, far too funny as to let that go without laughing at it.

I also have no allegiance to Union whatsoever. I don't even know a single person who goes or went to Union.
                        You really could have fooled me. If this is true, you're just another one of the bedwetters.

What I've pointed out in every post I've put up is that Union IS
                        CAPABLE OF OUTDRAWING Cornell.
                        And what everyone else as pointed out in every post we've put up in response is NO, YOU'RE WRONG.

I understand they struggled to fill their small arena throughout the season. However, they had 2,000 fans at each of their last home games, thus indicating to me that their fan base is somewhat excited about their progress this year. I'd say this being a bigger, more important game getting more press coverage than any Union game this year makes them capable of drawing more than 2,000 fans to the TUC. As I said, I've been to every ECAC Final Four and I'd say Cornell brings somewhere in that neighborhood of fans. Therefore, this MAKES THEM CAPABLE of outdrawing them.
                        Non compos mentis.

Now, Red Cloud, will you be attending the event?
                        No. Given that I want to watch actual hockey, I will be in St. Paul for the Final Five.

Comment

You do that. You don't have much else to go on.
                          The pot just called the kettle black

Comment

Hey soxrok, what team do you root for?
                            LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                              Hey soxrok, what team do you root for?
                              Claims to be an RPI fan. I have doubts.

Soxrox, after all the help I gave you yesterday when you had a bunch of questions, now you're going to act like a jerk. Well, that's fine by me. My team's got plenty to go on - a bright future, for instance. His is still the favorite for last place next season.

Comment

Since everyone else is sounding like a broken record, I guess it's my turn.

You're disappointed by RPI's hockey team. We are not. We think our improvements are fine as is, and are better for the long term. If you don't like it, there's a team right down the road that is going to Albany this year, and I'm sure they would be most welcoming of additional permanent fan support. Just don't come crawling back when our hard rebuilding work pays off.

Comment

Working...
                                X