Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Semifinals & Finals: Albany, NY

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
    Wow. Both Brown and Union in Albany. Wasn't seeing that.
    Odds are, few will.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Does anybody know how many tickets are allotted to each school and how to buy these tickets?

Comment

Da Bearz
        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by soxrok3 View Post
          Does anybody know how many tickets are allotted to each school and how to buy these tickets?
          Not sure exactly how many tickets to each school. I do know that you need to call each schools box office to purchase tickets in their sections.
          St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
          4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
          2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
          16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
          9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
          2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Congrats to all the teams, especially Brown and Union, when's the last time those teams made it to the league semis?

Let's toast to those teams, and to select SLU fans for not complaining about Albany and the refs - I'm confident we've been down that path a few times already...
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

RPI has never been to the TUC/Pepsi for the ECAC's.

Prediction: the NCAA D-III championship in LP will outdraw the ECAC's.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                RPI has never been to the TUC/Pepsi for the ECAC's.

Prediction: the NCAA D-III championship in LP will outdraw the ECAC's.
                With Plattsburgh and Norwich there (local draws for those who don't know) along with Oswego State bringing a ton of fans who have been planning a trip since February...

Yeah, it's going to be pretty close. Funny part? Both attendances will outdraw what it ends up being in AC next year.
                R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

We'll be there in force. I expect Union to spark large local interest. Attendance should be alright.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is the 1st year a local Albany team has made it to the Final Four. That, along with the sentimental value surrounding Union's first Final Four appearance should bring a good # of Union fans to the arena.

At least, I hope it does.

We all know the excitement of a hockey game can vary quite a bit based on the environment in which it is played. I urge all of the Union fans to come out in packs to support your team AND school during this special moment. It would truly be sad if Cornell, a school more than 3 hours away AND that has a basketball team in the NCAA tourney outdraws Union fans.

That my friends, would be pathetic.

Personally, I'd like to see most of the lower bowl at the T.U.C. full. Most likely, RPI would have been able to bring more fans to the venue had they made it, but I'm confident Union fans will do a good job.

And if the final ends up being Union/Cornell....well...it better be PACKED!

Comment

It would truly be sad if Cornell, a school more than 3 hours away AND that has a basketball team in the NCAA tourney outdraws Union fans.
                      Our women's team is playing in the Frozen Four too, but to be honest I don't think either that (Minnesota) or hoops (Florida) is going to siphon off too many fans. The TUC's got TV too.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It would truly be sad if Cornell, a school more than 3 hours away AND that has a basketball team in the NCAA tourney outdraws Union fans.

That my friends, would be pathetic.
                        Pathetic indeed, Cornell's enrollment is only 7 times larger than Union's.
                        National Champions 2014!
                        Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                        Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                        Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Union's participation is the only thing that will keep the attendance from plummeting from past years. With the economy [blah, blah], it's crucial that some fans don't have to pay for travel and hotel. I'm going to guess 5000 on Friday. Saturday is 6000 with a Cornell/Union final, 4500 otherwise.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
                            Pathetic indeed, Cornell's enrollment is only 7 times larger than Union's.
                            Yes, and Cornell is only 10x further from Albany.

There's undoubtedly more support for Union in terms of alumni and supporters in Albany than Cornell. This, coupled with 2010 being Union's FIRST and ONLY appearance in the Final Four would, in fact, make it sad should Cornell outdraw Union. For Cornell, this is just another day, another dollar and on top of it all, as I mentioned, they have a few "distractions" this weekend.

In my opinion, this weekend will really say something about Union hockey fans, EITHER WAY.

Now, I hope they pack the house and drown out Cornell fans, because lets be honest, NOBODY wants to see them win this again!!

Comment

There's undoubtedly more support for Union in terms of alumni and supporters in Albany than Cornell. This, coupled with 2010 being Union's FIRST and ONLY appearance in the Final Four would, in fact, make it sad should Cornell outdraw Union. For Cornell, this is just another day, another dollar and on top of it all, as I mentioned, they have a few "distractions" this weekend.

In my opinion, this weekend will really say something about Union hockey fans, EITHER WAY.

Now, I hope they pack the house and drown out Cornell fans, because lets be honest, NOBODY wants to see them win this again!!
                              You're either underestimating Cornell's support or overestimating Union's. I'll go for the former, since we don't have a sample of what Union would bring to the table.

Cornell will bring plenty of fans. I'd bet my house on it. They won't care that it's 3 hours away. Some will care about the b-ball team and the women's team, but they will still come in droves to Albany.

I'd like to think at least the two sections being sold to Union fans will be pretty full, based on the packed lobby at Messa after last night's game (not that it's a big lobby, mind you) and the excitement that is around the team.
                              Last edited by aweise; 03-15-2010, 08:19 AM.
                              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

It's nice to see that you are so enthusiastic. I think you overestimate the crowd support Union will get, but we'll see. Union rarely exceeds 2,000 fans in their own building, with Cornell, Clarkson and RPI being the teams that usually attract those larger crowds. You will get some locals finally jumping onto the Union band wagon, but they will not outdraw Cornell.

That does not diminish the terrific job by Nate Leaman and his team. Leaman takes kids that are undrafted, and in many cases unwanted by other Division I programs, makes them better and wins against more established programs. It will be a major injustice if he is not Coach of the Year in the ECAC. Hell, he should be national COTY.

Comment

Working...
                                X