Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ford field attendance

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    I'm thinking they'll be some open seats especially if Big Blue doesn't advance.
    That's difficult to argue with!

Comment

Honestly College Hockey is still a growing sport in the US. Ticket prices for the regionals where expensive and this is still a down economy. RIT advancing to the Frozen Four is the best thing for the sport right now. It will help strengthen RIT's fanbase which helps out all of Atlantic Hockey since they play their conference tourney in Rochester now (like MN in WCHA not saying they will be as big but at least they now got a team that will help support the league). This could also help by showing schools that are interested in adding programs that they as well could be competitive at the national level in a few years.

Comment

Now that we know all 4 teams...What are poeple thinking? I think there will be between 25K-30K probably close to 25 with strong showing from Wisconsin and RIT...even though 30K would be amazing that means 10-15 thousand empty seats
        BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES: 2010 2008 2001 1949

Comment

Originally posted by jamie9248922 View Post
          even though 30K would be amazing that means 10-15 thousand empty seats
          Ford Field is being configured to seat 35,000 for these games. They are using fewer than half of the permanent football seats. 30,000 would be amazing and considered a great success I'm guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
            Ford Field is being configured to seat 35,000 for these games. They are using fewer than half of the permanent football seats. 30,000 would be amazing and considered a great success I'm guessing.
            OK I thought that they were configuring it to be around 45K, but thanks for the clarification...I know I'm going, GO EAGLES
            BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES: 2010 2008 2001 1949

Comment

Will it be a success? Who knows if you don't try? I don't think that it hurts to try it at a football stadium once. If it fails, have it in the new Red Wings stadium next time it comes to Detroit.

The good news is that the Frozen Four has started to get a good deal of attention around here. I've noticed stories about the NCAA tournament in the top 10 most viewed stories on the Detroit News and Detroit Free Press websites, which I've never seen before, even when Michigan or Michigan State has been doing well. This is a great hockey town, but college hockey is pretty much a cult thing here. The Ford Field thing may boost the profile of college hockey around here a bit.
              Last edited by MichFan; 03-28-2010, 11:48 PM. Reason: Added word "football" before stadium

Comment

Originally posted by MichFan View Post
                Will it be a success? Who knows if you don't try? I don't think that it hurts to try it at a football stadium once. If it fails, have it in the new Red Wings stadium next time it comes to Detroit.

The good news is that the Frozen Four has started to get a good deal of attention around here. I've noticed stories about the NCAA tournament in the top 10 most viewed stories on the Detroit News and Detroit Free Press websites, which I've never seen before, even when Michigan or Michigan State has been doing well. This is a great hockey town, but college hockey is pretty much a cult thing here. The Ford Field thing may boost the profile of college hockey around here a bit.
                i think fans may be surprised by detroit.... i went last year to the final four at ford field (yes, the bouncy ball game as i've heard on here before hahaha) and the atmosphere around the arena, including the bars obv, was solid and was a great time.... i realize that there won't be nearly as many fans this year for hockey (added to michigan or state not being there) but i still think it will be a good time.... i also agree with at least trying it at a football stadium once to see how it goes and at least the thought process was there by the ncaa having it in a city that appreciates its hockey.

i look forward to seeing some college hockey fans in cheli's or hockeytown in 10 days!!!!
                NATIONAL CHAMPIONS- 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010
                HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONSHIPS- 9
                BEANPOT TITLES- We'll let BU fans keep track

Comment

Lots of tickets now available with no Michigan team in the field. Attendance was hurting the last few times the Frozen Four was at the Joe without a local team. I had a general admission ticket and could sit wherever I wanted in the lower bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Rob Fournier sucks.

GFM
                    Quoted for Truth!

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    No one will show up. because ford field is the worst venue in the history of sports.
                    Well, I hear its an alright venue for Football.

Honestly, Its not like they're going to have the kids out there skating on Plexiglass or something thats not Ice. The players are not really going to notice it that much once the game gets going.
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                      Well, I hear its an alright venue for Football.
                      Yeah, but if it is football, chances are you're watching the Lions, whose suck more than makes up for the lack of suck Ford Field has as a football venue.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Yeah, but if it is football, chances are you're watching the Lions, whose suck more than makes up for the lack of suck Ford Field has as a football venue.
                        I took the tour last week with the CCHA media. We went down on the field, I think I spent more time in the end zone that day than the Lions did all season!
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          I took the tour last week with the CCHA media. We went down on the field, I think I spent more time in the end zone that day than the Lions did all season!
                          You're probably right!
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

College Hockey vs Canadian Junior? Many of us don't have a choice. I grew up on RPI Hockey - idolized the players as a young kid etc - now living in Bow Washington - nearest college team is probably ND 1300 miles - but 45 miles down the road are the WHL Everett Silvertips - like college, (and unlike NHL) the kids play their butts off every night - 8000 seat arena is 2/3 to full depending on who is in town - just off a game 7 from a playoff series that was great - yes they do fight occasionally, and yes you can get a beer.............I do miss the bands though.

Looking forward to my 10th straight FF next week -

Comment

Working...
                            X