X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sweet Release: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread Part I

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Any chance that the skating treadmill will be unplugged next season? I heard that after NMU's injury plagued season last year they quit using the one in MQT.

May want to take a look at that as a possible source of injuries.
    I think it comes down to no one is really sure how to utilize it properly yet.
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

How does using a treadmill or not have an impact on shoulder injuries? It seems like we see more shoulder injuries than anything.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        How does using a treadmill or not have an impact on shoulder injuries? It seems like we see more shoulder injuries than anything.
        Guys checking the Treadmill when they have it out on the ice for practice.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Interesting, actually makes me wonder what they did differently.
          Didn't talk about that so I'm not sure.

Only having seen them at CC early and DU I think the maybe more agressive and not so quick to fall back to defend and not push the play. But as I said I haven't seen that many games in person to see a difference.

I thought in one of the recent broadcast the Dirk said John Kivisto had a hip problem that would require surgery and end his hockey career.

Comment

Also happy to see BUNGER! get a goal in his final career game. It was his first in over two years and 71 games.

I think Gwilliam will eventually get a chance with an ECHL team.
            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 03-14-2010, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Also happy to see BUNGER! get a goal in his final career game. It was his first in over two years and 71 games.

Fade, Looking at the boxscores in the morning paper the day after each game, I noticed that all three Tech goals in this series were the first of the year by the player who scored it. There's no question that Tech missed its leading scorers in this series.
              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
                I thought in one of the recent broadcast the Dirk said John Kivisto had a hip problem that would require surgery and end his hockey career.
                That might've been VanWagner that would be ending his hockey career after Tech was done this season, not positive though.

Comment

Would he take it, being a masters candidate and all?
                  Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                  I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                  Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

He'll get the last year of his contract to get this team to 10-15 wins and a positive outlook, or I think there will be considerable pressure from the program's major donors to move on.

If the program donors are appeased with a typical 10-15 win season then the state of the program is beyond help.

I expect Jamie to be shooting for a return to respectability with a winning season next year as a springboard to better things.
                    I sure hope he can turn it around, but another typical Tech 8-10 win season is not good enough after enduring the past two years.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                      Fade, Looking at the boxscores in the morning paper the day after each game, I noticed that all three Tech goals in this series were the first of the year by the player who scored it. There's no question that Tech missed its leading scorers in this series.
                      Carl Nielsen was just voted Most Improved (I believe), and he's only a freshman defenseman.

Rohn benefiting the team in any way is a big bonus. Even on skates, he is probably 5'6", so he gets tossed around and bumped off the puck a lot in the WCHA.

Bunger showed some promise as a freshman with a 5-5-10 line, but never seemed to get over the 3rd/4th line hump, then played injured for much of 08-09.

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                      Would he take it, being a masters candidate and all?
                      That is likely a decision he is going to face, unless he is committed to getting his degree now and doing tryouts in the fall.
                      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 03-14-2010, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                        If the program donors are appeased with a typical 10-15 win season then the state of the program is beyond help.

I expect Jamie to be shooting for a return to respectability with a winning season next year as a springboard to better things.
                        I sure hope he can turn it around, but another typical Tech 8-10 win season is not good enough after enduring the past two years.
                        A winning season after going 5-30-1 (the worst season in a decade) isn't realistic. A similar feat has been achieved once in the last three decades of our program's history, once in CC's history, once or twice in DU's history, etc. Nevertheless, it's a tall order.

However, next year's team will have to get as close as possible to 15 wins for him to successfully argue that he deserves another year, IMHO. Certainly any less than 10 and he is probably canned.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                          That might've been VanWagner that would be ending his hockey career after Tech was done this season, not positive though.
                          VanWagner is ending his career, but this is by choice. He said in a radio interview with Dirk that he is hanging up his skates after this season.

Kivisto on the other hand. I heard the same issue, major hip problems requiring surgery, didn't hear about the career ending possibility though.

It'll be interesting to see where the rest of the seniors go.

Eli V. will probably get a real job, since of that whole 4.0 GPA Bio-Med Degree, he better put that d@mn thing to good use

That leaves Bunger, Dobson, and Gwilliam. I honestly don't see any of these guys skipping out on the month and a half remaining in the school year. Gwilliam possibly if he gets a good offer...but unlikely still

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post

Eli V. will probably get a real job, since of that whole 4.0 GPA Bio-Med Degree, he better put that d@mn thing to good use
                            Is Eli getting a real job first or his doctorate.
                            Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                            *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

In the last 4 days I've managed to **** off 2 fanbases, Denver and North Dakota. Who should I go for next?
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                In the last 4 days I've managed to **** off 2 fanbases, Denver and North Dakota. Who should I go for next?
                                St, Clooud?
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X