• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied
    Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

Originally posted by WildcatGoal View Post
    I was so hopefully you would have been able to keep the michigan fans out of the Joe.

Now we have to listen to that again.
    Again? You act like you go every year or something...

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Is your team going to actually win a game there? What excuse will it be this year?
    We DO win games at the Joe already. Only when playing Michigan State in the semi-finals on Thursday (Super Six format) and the third place game (all flavors of the Championship format).

Leave a comment:

• BlimpGuy
    replied

Originally posted by Sparty Foxbat View Post
    I don't see anyone other than Petry leaving early and even he might be a maybe. Depends on what's going on behind the scenes I guess, but Comley better have some good answers - which he won't.
    The last interview I heard with Comley (I believe it was the last radio show), he seemed to hint that we could lose a number of players for next season.

Leave a comment:

• Sparty Foxbat
    replied

I don't see anyone other than Petry leaving early and even he might be a maybe. Depends on what's going on behind the scenes I guess, but Comley better have some good answers - which he won't.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by BlimpGuy View Post
    IMO Rowe is the guy I'd absolutely hate to see leave early. Most likely to leave would be Petry.
    d'accord

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaurus
    replied

I think Petry is the most likely to leave early but i feel like neither him nor Tropp actually will unless either of them are unhappy here. I could always be wrong but i don't think either of them are ready despite what popular opinion may be.
    So i guess i am saying that all seniors will return? I mean, I have no idea what Petry or Tropp may do but it is MY opinion that they would benefit from another year for development.

I still think our roster will be very good next year. Possibly the best that Comley has had to work with but if Owsla's feelings hold truth then it may set us back.

Don't underestimate what an offseason can do for development. Just look at the difference between this year and last. We may lose Petry or Tropp or Rowe, but we will have the personnel to improve.

God i hope we don't lose Rowe.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

Originally posted by BlimpGuy View Post
    Out of next years seniors (Petry, Rowe, Gazley, Sturges, Shean and Tropp) who do you most want to see return?

Also, of those currently drafted on the team (Petry, Tropp, Leveille, Nill and Grant), who is most likely to leave early?

IMO Rowe is the guy I'd absolutely hate to see leave early. Most likely to leave would be Petry.
    Petry and Petry.

Edmonton's in dire need of talent right now. Petry's as good as gone.

Leave a comment:

• The Vicar
    replied

If Comley's got to go, I got the perfect replacement - Craig Dahl!

Leave a comment:

• BlimpGuy
    replied

Out of next years seniors (Petry, Rowe, Gazley, Sturges, Shean and Tropp) who do you most want to see return?

Also, of those currently drafted on the team (Petry, Tropp, Leveille, Nill and Grant), who is most likely to leave early?

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    According to the USCHO PWR predictor, if the above were to happen, we'd be the first team out.
    Yep. I think CHN had a problem with theirs, that has now been corrected.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

Originally posted by TWalsh
    There is a way that we can get the 16th seed in the tournament. On collegehockeynews.com you can finish out the season picking your teams that win and lose. They complete the pairwise rankings after your picks are made and if this happens it says Michigan State is tied for 14th and has the last spot in the tournament.

You have specified the following tournament results:

* Hockey East Semifinal #2: Maine defeats Boston University.
    * Hockey East Semifinal #1: Boston College defeats Vermont.
    * Hockey East Championship game: Boston College defeats Maine.
    * ECAC Semifinal #2: Union defeats St. Lawrence.
    * ECAC Semifinal #1: Cornell defeats Brown.
    * ECAC Championship game: Cornell defeats Union.
    * ECAC Consolation game: Brown defeats St. Lawrence.
    * Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #2: Sacred Heart defeats Air Force.
    * Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #1: RIT defeats Canisius.
    * Atlantic Hockey Championship game: RIT defeats Sacred Heart.
    * CCHA Semifinal #2: Ferris State defeats Northern Michigan.
    * CCHA Semifinal #1: Miami defeats Michigan.
    * CCHA Championship game: Miami defeats Ferris State.
    * CCHA Consolation game: Northern Michigan defeats Michigan.
    * WCHA Play-in #1: Minnesota-Duluth defeats North Dakota.
    * WCHA Semifinal #2: Wisconsin defeats St. Cloud State.
    * WCHA Semifinal #1: Denver defeats Minnesota-Duluth.
    * WCHA Championship game: Wisconsin defeats Denver.
    * WCHA Consolation game: St. Cloud State defeats Minnesota-Duluth.
    According to the USCHO PWR predictor, if the above were to happen, we'd be the first team out.

Leave a comment:

• Nevergoodenough
    replied

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    I'll not put anyone on the spot. A few vested interests at stake (I am somewhat vested); but there is a certain rumour regarding players vs. leadership*. If it's true, then many of my assumptions going into, say, the time of the banquet will have been turned upside down and sideways.

I would unequivocally say that as a program, MSU hockey is not all of one accord.

*My definition of "leadership" is not confined to one man, btw.
    That appears to be a fair evaluation based upon what we've seen in the past few weeks. I think the players are still pretty tight, but that's based on what I've seen around.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

I'll not put anyone on the spot. A few vested interests at stake (I am somewhat vested); but there is a certain rumour regarding players vs. leadership*. If it's true, then many of my assumptions going into, say, the time of the banquet will have been turned upside down and sideways.

I would unequivocally say that as a program, MSU hockey is not all of one accord.

*My definition of "leadership" is not confined to one man, btw.
    Last edited by owslachief; 03-15-2010, 10:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nevergoodenough
    replied

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    I tell you, there was something rather fishy (rotten?) in that lockerroom - seems all that good feeling and that comraderie people talked about at the offset just sort of seeped away.
    Do you think that the players aren't getting along like at the beginning of the season? I'm not a betting man, but I would lay money on the table that this melt-down was not caused by a player v. player problem. Of course, I don't gamble much, so take it for what it's worth.
    Last edited by Nevergoodenough; 03-15-2010, 10:23 AM. Reason: Original too wordy.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by WildcatGoal View Post
    I was so hopefully you would have been able to keep the michigan fans out of the Joe.

Now we have to listen to that again.
    Is your team going to actually win a game there? What excuse will it be this year?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X