• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owslachief
    replied
    Re: MSU Spartan off-season - the grand flame-out

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    Has Michael Gunn decommitted? If not, Comley needs to get the kid to sign a LOI as soon as possible.

Nonetheless, though it's not shocking whatsoever, it is disappointing. Edmonton's totally devoid of talent, and Petry... well, possesses talent.

I shall miss Jeff tremendously.
    Would not be a bad idea to go after Gunn - unless he's got an ace in the hole.

In other, happier news, Jeff Lerg's come off the IR and will be joining the Devils' ECHL affiliate - Trenton.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

Has Michael Gunn decommitted? If not, Comley needs to get the kid to sign a LOI as soon as possible.

Nonetheless, though it's not shocking whatsoever, it is disappointing. Edmonton's totally devoid of talent, and Petry... well, possesses talent.

I shall miss Jeff tremendously.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Petry has signed or will sign today with Edmonton - or Oklahoma City (new AHL location). Not a big surprise. Somewhat disappointing ... if the season had ended differently, I'm wondering if his decision would have changed.
    Last edited by owslachief; 03-23-2010, 06:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sparty Foxbat
    replied

FSU/NMU?? They need to have a talk with the basketball team

Leave a comment:

• Nevergoodenough
    replied

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    Friday removed any shred of doubt about this season's fate. A lot of decisions will be made soon - outbound and inbound.
    It could be an interesting week.
    Talk to us Chief. Predictions? It's just us...

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by scullyer View Post
    Dear MSU,

Please watch the NMU/FSU semifinal. That's how you play when the season is on the line.

Sincerely,

Fans
    ^5!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Friday removed any shred of doubt about this season's fate. A lot of decisions will be made soon - outbound and inbound.
    It could be an interesting week.

Leave a comment:

• scullyer
    replied

Dear MSU,

Please watch the NMU/FSU semifinal. That's how you play when the season is on the line.

Sincerely,

Fans

Leave a comment:

• observer85
    replied

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought Wheeler caught a loophole because he was drafted in 2004, before the new CBA was signed. I think he got more money than the current rookie max as well because of that.
    Good point but sources have told me the loophole still exists. It will be fixed with the next CBA.

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
    Maize...if he withdraws from school after next season is completed, since he will be in the 4th year since he was drafted (he would have to finish the season though), I believe Buffalo would have 30 days to sign him before he would be a free agent. This is the tactic Blake Wheeler used to go to Boston.
    I could be wrong, but I thought Wheeler caught a loophole because he was drafted in 2004, before the new CBA was signed. I think he got more money than the current rookie max as well because of that.

Leave a comment:

• observer85
    replied

No, that rule changed a couple years ago. Buffalo has until July 15th the summer after he graduates to sign him or he becomes a free agent and can go anywhere.
    Maize...if he withdraws from school after next season is completed, since he will be in the 4th year since he was drafted (he would have to finish the season though), I believe Buffalo would have 30 days to sign him before he would be a free agent. This is the tactic Blake Wheeler used to go to Boston.

Leave a comment:

• Arpod
    replied

No, that rule changed a couple years ago. Buffalo has until July 15th the summer after he graduates to sign him or he becomes a free agent and can go anywhere.
    Thanks for the info. I (obviously) didn't know the rule changed. Guess I'm living in the past...

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BlimpGuy
    replied

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
    Actually, I believe the only way he can become a free agent is if he finishes his college eligibility, does not sign with the pro team that drafted him, and either sits out for a year or joins a pro team in another league that does not honor NHL draft rights. He still might be Buffalo property under those circumstances if he tries to reenter the NHL...
    So he would have to sit out an extra year after he graduates if Buffalo doesn't sign him?

Leave a comment:

• Arpod
    replied

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
    The problem I see with Tropp is that he is drafted and not a free agent. But should he wait a year, be a productive as he was this season, he could be a free agent and command similar money to forward Casey Wellman of UMass.
    Actually, I believe the only way he can become a free agent is if he finishes his college eligibility, does not sign with the pro team that drafted him, and either sits out for a year or joins a pro team in another league that does not honor NHL draft rights. He still might be Buffalo property under those circumstances if he tries to reenter the NHL...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X